Sustainability of Pattaya's shopping malls

sexyman

T21 is all about the food and coffee shops plus supermarket . The one in BKK that I eat at daily is packed wall to wall and that's low season
They don't even have an electronic store or furniture shop
I thought I noticed an electronics store but could be wrong.
Yes it's definitely very food focused just as I like it.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, blackhorse said:

T21 is all about the food and coffee shops plus supermarket . The one in BKK that I eat at daily is packed wall to wall and that's low season
They don't even have an electronic store or furniture shop

Pattaya Terminal 21 has a JIB store  and "another phone store" next door.

JIB_edit.thumb.jpg.20277311aea2adbeb034e93560d8e52a.jpg

On 10/24/2018 at 4:05 PM, johng said:

Need a big truck for "big face"

Same in the USA. LOTS of large trucks/SUVs being driven between the office and the McMansion in the burbs.

Many of them with 72-month auto loans BUT the driver is getting 'big face.'

On 10/24/2018 at 2:24 PM, fforest1 said:

You must be joking.....

The area around Siam Square in Bangkok is nothing but shopping malls next to shopping malls....

Bangkok has loads and loads of shopping malls all over Bangkok.....NO need to drive to Pattaya at all ever......

Plenty in Siam Square but most people refuse to drive there and get stuck in traffic for eternity. Your missing the point alot of BKK locals cant wait to get out of the city on weekends if they get a chance and Pattaya isnt that far. It has a good range of accommodation for all budgets and there is a huge influx of thai families on weekends. Pattaya isnt all about beer bars and walking street.

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

BTW does anyone know if the food court will raise prices after their three month free rent thing?

I will be surprised if they increase their prices , pretty sure it will be same as Bangkok.  Also I have not found a reliable source that says the rent will go up . If Bangkok can do it , I can not see it will change. 

The good thing about living in the area  is 24 hr Foodland.  Last night after midnight I felt for a cream cheese sandwich and my Danish favorite Emborg. 10 minutes easy walk around 1 am in the morning.  I spotted 10 other shoppers and around 12-15 customers inside the restaurant. 

So business around the clock . 

So you travelled to T21 to buy a 16Gb sd card from JIB for 260 Baht, while you could have had it delivered to your doorstep by the same JIB for 205 Baht.

No, I was already in T21 and saw there was a JIB store so bought 2 16GB cards for 260 baht.

4 hours ago, balo said:

The good thing about living in the area  is 24 hr Foodland.  Last night after midnight I felt for a cream cheese sandwich and my Danish favorite Emborg. 10 minutes easy walk around 1 am in the morning.  I spotted 10 other shoppers and around 12-15 customers inside the restaurant. 

So business around the clock . 

And the clean restaurant there !

16 hours ago, Jingthing said:

BTW does anyone know if the food court will raise prices after their three month free rent thing?

Rest assured that the very next day after the free rent finishes, the Food Court prices will all DOUBLE at least, absolutely guaranteed  !!!!!

15 minutes ago, Daz Manc said:

Rest assured that the very next day after the free rent finishes, the Food Court prices will all DOUBLE at least, absolutely guaranteed  !!!!!

Even if it's double will still be cheaper than Food Park at Central Festival.  I haven't eaten at Pier 21 yet.  Too many better choices than Pier 21 to try out first.  Haven't even had a chance to eat at 2 of my favorite places, Marugame Udon and Hawker Chan.

1 hour ago, Daz Manc said:

Well they won't work for free. Another way to look at this is that artificially low prices at the food court is kind of unfair to the other restaurant tenants. Sure some customers will only ever at the food court but many are eating there now motivated by the almost free food. So they're all competing for the same hungry stomachs. 

1 hour ago, nursebob said:

I think the days of the shopping malls are coming to an end. look at the states, how many closed there. people are buying on line, free delivery to your door, there is Lazada and Alibaba in Thailand and others. 

Yes that is the trend in the U.S. But not so much here. It's partly because we're in the tropics and malls are aircon oases with great toilets. Malls are for so many the "third place" in modern Thai culture. Work/school, Home  and ?? 

2 hours ago, nursebob said:

I think the days of the shopping malls are coming to an end. look at the states, how many closed there. people are buying on line, free delivery to your door, there is Lazada and Alibaba in Thailand and others. 

I really hope online shopping murders the malls here too. The relief in traffic jams would be noticeable. It's also far more convenient. Then again, department store style eateries could be ok if they ease up on the ice age and surgery room lighting. Sort of nana plaza for foodies.

2 hours ago, DrTuner said:

I really hope online shopping murders the malls here too. The relief in traffic jams would be noticeable. It's also far more convenient. Then again, department store style eateries could be ok if they ease up on the ice age and surgery room lighting. Sort of nana plaza for foodies.

The Railway Station in Copenhagen has nice food, its just a strange place to relax and enjoy. I have eaten in Malls but dont enjoy the atmosphere, all floodlights n kids.

6 minutes ago, Basil B said:

A real opportunity missed by Ann Summers... :whistling:

There used to be a "Playboy"  ( maybe still is) store in Central Beach...

but sex aids are illegal in Thailand  remember the 7/11 catalogue scandal ??

3 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

The Railway Station in Copenhagen has nice food, its just a strange place to relax and enjoy.

Interesting. I like trains so would by up my alley, the pub upstairs in Helsinki main station (Pullman if I remember correctly) is a nice place for a pint. On the other hand, T21, airport terminal, seriously? My least favorite place in the world outside a commie gulag would be an airport, getting herded into a flying toothpaste tube and back. Brrrrr.

On 10/23/2018 at 2:06 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Harbor Mall is Tukcom also, maybe it will take over from the run down Pattaya Tai version one day.

Several attempts to compete with Tukcom Pattaya Tai on IT and phones, but mostly hit the dust, including The Avenue.

1 hour ago, SheungWan said:

Several attempts to compete with Tukcom Pattaya Tai on IT and phones, but mostly hit the dust, including The Avenue.

Before the south Pattaya Tukcom opened ( when ever that was ? )

we had to drive all the way to the Tukcom in Sira-Cha....which was better than having to go all

the way to Pantip Plaza in BKK !!!!!!!

Archived