Selling UTE still on finance

Jinjo14

Have a red Ford ranger 2013 less than 40k clocked.  Upgraded alloy rims all terrain wheels.  Mint condition been garaged for last 2 years as moved to Australia.  Not sure if I want to keep it or not as the plan is to return to Thailand to retire in ten or so years. And it’s too expensive to take to Australia. 

2 questions:

i still have 14 months car finance (pay every month) would I be able to sell and repay what’s left of the loan in one go?

what’s a realistic price I should be looking to get? 

Been looking online, same model with double the kms seem to be going at 600k฿.

Cheers!

15 minutes ago, Jinjo14 said:

Been looking online, same model with double the kms seem to be going at 600k฿

Not sure where you were looking and you don't mention if it is 2.2 or 3.2,  but plenty 2.2 Ranger double cabs from 2013 available under 500K.

But yes you can pay off finance in 1 go, but you will not save much, because the first payments are more interest and now only base sum will be left.

26 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Not sure where you were looking and you don't mention if it is 2.2 or 3.2,  but plenty 2.2 Ranger double cabs from 2013 available under 500K.

But yes you can pay off finance in 1 go, but you will not save much, because the first payments are more interest and now only base sum will be left.

Hi Jan,

thanks for replying. It’s 2.2 automatic. Maybe what I saw was 3,2 it was some Thai 2nd hand site.

thinking whether best to just sell now or hold on to it and pay it out.  

Im only worried that in 10 years time mould, rust etc will get to it if not used

1 minute ago, Jinjo14 said:

Hi Jan,

thanks for replying. It’s 2.2 automatic. Maybe what I saw was 3,2 it was some Thai 2nd hand site.

thinking whether best to just sell now or hold on to it and pay it out.  

Im only worried that in 10 years time mould, rust etc will get to it if not used

Yes, 10 years is too long, too many things can happen.

I'd say sell it now.

Archived