USA income affidavit

What a joke.  So now immigration want proof of money in their 3rd world banking system.  Either proof of having 800,000 in a thai bank or proof of deposit into a thai bank each month of 65,000. No thanks. My pension is 78,000bht a month. And I have proof .I keep it my bank in my country. And easily live on 40,000bht by atm withdrawals with no fee.

Fed up with their constant games ,rule changing ,tea money and hypocrasy.  I lived in Colombia , Ecuador ,Vietnam and 

Cambodia never put up with such nonesense. They dont want me to put my pension into their evonomy, fine.

• Like 2

That's interesting what was the name of the immigration supervisor you met with yesterday?  Because I just left the immigration office in Bangkok a few minutes ago myself where I also had a meeting with a supervisor there named Wattanapong Tawara about the future of the income affidavits for United States citizens and he assured me that there are absolutely no changes coming regarding the proof of income affidavit for U.S. citizens.  He said that immigration isn't changing any procedures regarding the extension of retirement or marriage visas for any citizen of any country and that the issue regarding the British citizens is merely a British embassy issue and he said that no other embassy is changing the way they process their income letters and he assured me again that all immigration offices throughout Thailand will continue to accept the income affidavits next year and for the foreseeable future.  So what was the name of the immigration supervisor who you spoke with?  The man I spoke with today is a very senior level immigration supervisor and he told me exactly the opposite of what you posted.  So far you're the first person to post any information about this and it only came from one immigration officer, and I'm the second person.  What was the immigration supervisors name?  I'm really curious to know if you spoke to the same IO as I did which was the same immigration office as well.  I really want to know who you spoke with, I know who I spoke with at immigration.  Again according to him they will continue to accept the income affidavits next year and they have no plans to change the process for any citizen of any country and that came from a high level immigration supervisor at the same office.   
Excellent feedback. The brits got screwed by the embassy who according to your report have now been caught out lying

1. They threw T I under the bus
2.they threw the USA embassy under the bus

All so they could deflect blame. They are rotten to the core
  • Like 2

On 10/24/2018 at 1:54 PM, sirineou said:

I don't do extensions to stay yet . As I still work outside Thailand and exit the country often enough not to need them, But I Will probably be putting my papers in for retirement next spring and will have to content with the above , so I am following this thread with interest,

It would be reasonable , and pretty easy, If the above is true. as most   retirees should be receiving Social security and or a pension as it will be the case for me, IMO if someone does not have a monthly income of 65 k one is not ready to retire. 

If you have a couple of million quid in the bank and are drawing down then surely you are ready to retire. 5555 I wish

Den

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

True dat but believe it or not they have Thai immigration people that read this forum. So I am lobbying people to get real and get vocal about the need for TIMING FLEXIBILITY in imports if they switch (as clearly threatened) to require full import to Thailand of claimed income for income methods. We also need the COMBINATION method to be preserved.

I believe your right about immigration reading this forum. I also believe it has a lot to do with getting this all started. People complaining about others getting affidavits without showing proof. Why it bothers them I don't understand. Are they really that shallow?

Edited by Longcut
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Max66 said:

What a joke.  So now immigration want proof of money in their 3rd world banking system.  Either proof of having 800,000 in a thai bank or proof of deposit into a thai bank each month of 65,000. No thanks. My pension is 78,000bht a month. And I have proof .I keep it my bank in my country. And easily live on 40,000bht by atm withdrawals with no fee.

Fed up with their constant games ,rule changing ,tea money and hypocrasy.  I lived in Colombia , Ecuador ,Vietnam and 

Cambodia never put up with such nonesense. They dont want me to put my pension into their evonomy, fine.

You should really learn to read the whole thread and you would see that Thai Immigration has not said anything about proof of money in the bank account except for the 800,000/400,000B in using the bank deposit system which has not changed for years. If you use the income system then you are required to get a affirmation letter/Statutory Declaration or some other type of written verification letter of income from your embassy as has always been the case. But now the UK Embassy only is refusing to issue the letters of income to its citizens. But nothing else has changed and you would know that if you bothered to read the thread properly instead of going off with a lot of nonsense

• Like 2

On 10/24/2018 at 2:00 AM, Kadilo said:

65K a month left in your account untouched for 12 months that shows 800,000 at end of the year, 65K a month that you can use them top up with 3 months to go before renewal, or 65K a month you can use to live on?

There is a simple solution for immigration. Have expat show 200k untouched 3 months prior every 90 day check in. Freezing 800k is not reasonable in any investment strategy...200k, no problem. Imo

• Like 1

Just now, Curmudgeon1 said:

There is a simple solution for immigration. Have expat show 200k untouched 3 months prior every 90 day check in. Freezing 800k is not reasonable in any investment strategy...200k, no problem. Imo

No, This is Thai Immigration laws and your country would not change its immigration laws for a handful of Thais. Leave things the way they are, there is no need for Thai Immigration to change any of their laws to suit us, it is the responsibility of our embassies to supply us with whatever documents we need as required by Thai Immigration

27 minutes ago, Longcut said:

I believe your right about immigration reading this forum. I also believe it has a lot to do with getting this all started. People complaining about others getting affidavits without showing proof. Why it bothers them I don't understand. Are they really that shallow?

Yes and no. Thai immigration has been aware of that situation for many, many years. It was NOT news to them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thaidream said:

Then one can take 65K from their US account  via Thai ATM-save the receipts- place it in a Thai account; and do this every month-bring in the bank book and ATM slips- easy to see and track. 

????You don't get it. The problem is there is no money. The embassy docs were bogus. It's truth time . The quake in boots is understandable. ????????

15 minutes ago, Curmudgeon1 said:

That idea won't be popular with foreigners or Thai immigration. 

Next … 

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

Average American household income is 1,815,000.00 baht per year.

We're talking about RETIROGRANTS here. The average U.S. social security pension is about 43K baht per month. WELL UNDER the required 65K baht per month but currently the COMBINATION METHOD is still available. 

• Like 2

On 10/24/2018 at 2:28 PM, Thaidream said:

There is no information related to any change on the US Embassy Website- everything the same as it has always been.

If Thai Imm will accept an income stream- 65K per month- one can simply take  65K per month out of a Thai ATM from a US bank and deposit it in a Thai Bank and use the money to live on and then the next month put another 65K in and  do the same. Back up info is Pension letters and US Bank statements showing direct deposit.

We need more info on all this from Thai Imm.  As we all know each IO has their own interpretation of the 'rules'.

The local U.S. embassy rep for our region (he lives in Ubon) told me exactly what the OP is saying as far as the embassy not supplying the income verification letters.  He hasn't received/sent out formal notification yet; however, he did say it is coming....soon.

Edited by kensisaket
more info
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

They were not. There wasn't a retirement extension or a marriage extension that I was aware of and no mention when I went to Thai Immin Bangkok which at that time was located in Soi suan Plu.

Thanks.  Whenever this income letter business was pushed out to the Embassies, I rather doubt any of them claimed they would or could verify it back then, anymore than they can now.

One guy said the IO told him, the other op said 65,000 has to come into Thai bank account the other op said you only have to show verification of 65,000. So many rumors, I won't believe anything until UbonJoe says it so.
The only thing you need to believe is what's on the immigration website.

An IO officer identified by name says no changes

Those 2 things tie in together.

Any other reports without a press release /announcement.. are total nonsense!!
  • Like 1

The local U.S. embassy rep for our region (he lives in Ubon) told me exactly what the OP is saying as far as the embassy not supplying the income verification letters.  He hasn't received/sent out formal notification yet; however, he did say it is coming....soon.

that's because thais are not capable of saying I don't know.. Stupid loss of face thing so he had to toss a coin in his mind and choose one way or the other [emoji16]

"it's coming soon" [emoji23] classic!
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

My intenion had been to live in Thailand for some years and then go home, sell my house , move to a cheaper part of the Uk and bring my wife and daughter to the UK - currently I use the income from my house to live here. I contribute to the Thai economy,  but I am pretty much borerline on income for a visa. 

For me, I may as well go home now, sell my house, and when I get my early 55 pension in 8 months, be able to show more than enough money in an account (120,000 ish pounds) in the Uk for their visa, and have a small pension.

now some may say , why not just stay here as money will not be an issue soon - answer ? Thai immigratuon now seem to be fooling over themselves to make life here harder for anyone other than tourists. I am beginnning not to feel welcome more and more by these people. They put in these today - what tomorrow ? I expect the next move to be that immigration will make the marriage visa 80,000 a month - as you are supposed to be supporting a family and their are too many bogus marriages, so why is it less than a retirement one supporting only yourself ? 

My wife does not care where we live, and life for daughter would be better in the UK anyhow.

I have friends here that cannot show these requirements , freinds from UK, Australia, USA, Holland. All have families they support and cannot take their families to their home countries due to income. All are now quietly talking about going home, simply due to these rules. 

But many women and children will be homeless and potless if they do not stop this attack on people. My family will be secure I believe, many will not.

I like living here, but if not welcome am more than happy to remove my daily donations to the Thai economy along with hundreds of thousands of others.

Only positive thing for anybody will be those immigration officails that took bribes buying up empty condos that they'll never be able to rent out.

Nothing in Thai Immigration has changed it is only the UK Embassy that has changed things. Thai Immigration laws have not changed as you seem to think because you do not want to stay here any longer. I cannot speak for any other nationality but there is something wrong if an Australian on the aged pension who is married to a Thai cannot live in Thailand because I am living on the pension and I can meet the requirements that the Thai Immigration have without any problems. You are making a lot of false claims. It is quite easy to see that you are making excuses to leave Thailand and leave your family behind. Everything that you have claimed is a load of rubbish. You are not a man because a true man would not carry on and leave there family. Some people will make any excuse. Pathetic

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Russell17au said:

Nothing in Thai Immigration has changed it is only the UK Embassy that has changed things. Thai Immigration laws have not changed as you seem to think because you do not want to stay here any longer. I cannot speak for any other nationality but there is something wrong if an Australian on the aged pension who is married to a Thai cannot live in Thailand because I am living on the pension and I can meet the requirements that the Thai Immigration have without any problems. You are making a lot of false claims. It is quite easy to see that you are making excuses to leave Thailand and leave your family behind. Everything that you have claimed is a load of rubbish. You are not a man because a true man would not carry on and leave there family. Some people will make any excuse. Pathetic

Previously these people could declare an income with their embassy -that income would not necesarily be in a thai bank. NOW they will be unable to fulfil that as they cannot put enough in the Thai bank. I do not think that is pathetic

What makes you think the local rep for the United States Embassy is Thai? One would hope that they are actually trying to find a reasonable alternative before sending out an official notification.
According to your man they already have as "it's coming soon" so why no announcement?

Today's report from the supervisor at bangkok immigration said there will be no changes to income letters

No immigration announcement, no USA website announcement

No offense but your story just doesn't add up