USA income affidavit

7 minutes ago, kensisaket said:

What makes you think the local rep for the United States Embassy is Thai? One would hope that they are actually trying to find a reasonable alternative before sending out an official notification.

By 'local rep' do you mean a Warden?

22 hours ago, Moonlover said:

What I find amusing about this is that they all have smart phones nowadays and it's a simple task to pin the location onto google maps and follow the directions. 

They all have smart phones but no matter how good the phone is it always comes down to how 'smart' the operator is.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Thaidream said:

However, the one main difference is that at the UK Embassy there is no Oath given but  at the US Embassy you swear under Oath the veracity of what you have stated.

That oath isn't worth the paper it's written on.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/24/2018 at 2:34 AM, Wake Up said:

I forgot to mention she also said if I transferred 65 K a month every month  to a thai bank account that she would accept that instead of the 800k in the Thai account. But no more accepted USA embassy verification letters dated after January 1, 2019. 

Thanks for remembering a very important detail...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RichardColeman said:

Previously these people could declare an income with their embassy -that income would not necesarily be in a thai bank. NOW they will be unable to fulfil that as they cannot put enough in the Thai bank. I do not think that is pathetic

I am married and my money is in my Australian bank and I use my Australian bank debit card to withdraw my money at any ATM. The money does not have to be in a Thai bank account. All you have to do is show your income which is where the problem is for the Brits only and as he said he has a family and he would only have to show 40,000B per month or 400,000B in the Thai bank account. Have a look at his post and you will see that he has included Australians, Americans and Dutch in his claim but this UK embassy thing does not affect any of them, it only affects the Brits. Any one who has come here and gotten involved with a Thai woman and has a family here that is willing to just pack up and walk out on them in my opinion is pathetic because as things stand at the moment there are things that can be done to stay here legally.

• Like 1

In what way have immigration made it harder? Can you provide a link to back it up?
It's all in your head

My intenion had been to live in Thailand for some years and then go home, sell my house , move to a cheaper part of the Uk and bring my wife and daughter to the UK - currently I use the income from my house to live here. I contribute to the Thai economy,  but I am pretty much borerline on income for a visa. 

For me, I may as well go home now, sell my house, and when I get my early 55 pension in 8 months, be able to show more than enough money in an account (120,000 ish pounds) in the Uk for their visa, and have a small pension.

now some may say , why not just stay here as money will not be an issue soon - answer ? Thai immigratuon now seem to be fooling over themselves to make life here harder for anyone other than tourists. I am beginnning not to feel welcome more and more by these people. They put in these today - what tomorrow ? I expect the next move to be that immigration will make the marriage visa 80,000 a month - as you are supposed to be supporting a family and their are too many bogus marriages, so why is it less than a retirement one supporting only yourself ? 

My wife does not care where we live, and life for daughter would be better in the UK anyhow.

I have friends here that cannot show these requirements , freinds from UK, Australia, USA, Holland. All have families they support and cannot take their families to their home countries due to income. All are now quietly talking about going home, simply due to these rules. 

But many women and children will be homeless and potless if they do not stop this attack on people. My family will be secure I believe, many will not.

I like living here, but if not welcome am more than happy to remove my daily donations to the Thai economy along with hundreds of thousands of others.

Only positive thing for anybody will be those immigration officails that took bribes buying up empty condos that they'll never be able to rent out 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, worrab said:

I have retired here quite happily and I do not get 65k a month from my pension. Mind you without rent to pay, have own property, and living in the countryside I am comfortable.

So not only are you buying land illegally but you are also staying here illegally.  Did I get that right? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, blackhorse said:

According to your man they already have as "it's coming soon" so why no announcement?

Today's report from the supervisor at bangkok immigration said there will be no changes to income letters

No immigration announcement, no USA website announcement

No offense but your story just doesn't add up

As soon as I get the notification I'll post it.  I hope you don't think these are rumors.  There are serious ramifications for a lot of people. 

47 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

My intenion had been to live in Thailand for some years and then go home, sell my house , move to a cheaper part of the Uk and bring my wife and daughter to the UK - currently I use the income from my house to live here. I contribute to the Thai economy,  but I am pretty much borerline on income for a visa. 

For me, I may as well go home now, sell my house, and when I get my early 55 pension in 8 months, be able to show more than enough money in an account (120,000 ish pounds) in the Uk for their visa, and have a small pension.

now some may say , why not just stay here as money will not be an issue soon - answer ? Thai immigratuon now seem to be fooling over themselves to make life here harder for anyone other than tourists. I am beginnning not to feel welcome more and more by these people. They put in these today - what tomorrow ? I expect the next move to be that immigration will make the marriage visa 80,000 a month - as you are supposed to be supporting a family and their are too many bogus marriages, so why is it less than a retirement one supporting only yourself ? 

My wife does not care where we live, and life for daughter would be better in the UK anyhow.

I have friends here that cannot show these requirements , freinds from UK, Australia, USA, Holland. All have families they support and cannot take their families to their home countries due to income. All are now quietly talking about going home, simply due to these rules. 

But many women and children will be homeless and potless if they do not stop this attack on people. My family will be secure I believe, many will not.

I like living here, but if not welcome am more than happy to remove my daily donations to the Thai economy along with hundreds of thousands of others.

Only positive thing for anybody will be those immigration officails that took bribes buying up empty condos that they'll never be able to rent out 

If you have been living in Thailand as you say for a number of years, have a Thai wife and Family and still consider that the "UK" is your home, then you should return to the UK as "home is where you make it" not where you are born, and if you feel that living in Thailand for a few years with wife and family is not really home I hope, really hope, that when you drag them back to the UK, then after a couple of years they do not have the mentality that you currently have now regarding Thailand, insofars as them likewise thinking that where they were born is their home. Good luck and best wishes.

Good...that'll save me $50 each year.

Justast week I extended my visa here in Chiang Mai with a copy of the document verifying my monthly government pension back in the States...and a copy of my Thai bank passbook verifying my monthly direct deposits hete. I also had an income affidavit from the consulate here but had been told prior to going into immigration that it was no longer sufficient at immigration and I needed the other documents to really verify my income and deposit. At the time I thought "why do I need the affidavit then if it's not sufficient and the other documents suffice?"

53 minutes ago, Blue bruce said:

One guy said the IO told him, the other op said 65,000 has to come into Thai bank account the other op said you only have to show verification of 65,000. So many rumors, I won't believe anything until UbonJoe says it so.

Yeah I agree...........if it ain’t Joe, it ain’t so!

On a serious note this thread just shows how easy it is to lead people from fiction to fact quite quickly and innocently from a convo by one person with an official who with the best of intentions is maybe not up to speed themself. 

As soon as I get the notification I'll post it.  I hope you don't think these are rumors.  There are serious ramifications for a lot of people. 
Agree untill it's in black and white then it's not worth a second thought. Being an Ozzie I noticed our embassy quickly put out a statement that they will not be changing their stat dec system at all.

Considering the USA uses the same letter just a different name makes me wonder why they would voluntarily pull the pin.. Again makes no sense.

The brits use a completely different system so can't comment on them

9 hours ago, kenk24 said:

Hi Sir... yes, this is true but i keep meeting older retirees with very low income and often no savings. 

But can you imagine these same people living back in ny or anywhere usa? They get a much better quality of life here but the trade off is no medicare...

I understand them wanting to stay and also understand the concerns of our host country...

All in all pretty sad stuff. .

I fully understand your view and too know few if not many but are these older retirees with the very low income and often no saving causing a problem to the Thai government or causing a down turn in their economy that require their resources.  Are they walking into the Embassy getting the verification paying for the renewal then heading out to Sukhumvit with a cup and begging for money?  Are they robbing 7/11, gold stores and pulling scams on everyone?  

What is causing the concern that they are bringing up the subject is this the same objective when they go down and do their inspection on Walking St. looking for violation but everyone already know they are coming days in advance and once inspection is done with all the palms greased they get on National T.V. there isn't any hanky panky going on. Thailand enforcement for everything seem to be the honor system is this another case of that throw it out there make a bit of noise and everything back to business as usual?

Edited by thailand49

3 minutes ago, Mike Wolfe said:

I've always wondered that myself "how do they know I'm not just saying I receive the monthly income that I receive".  I even asked them that at the U.S. Embassy last year and I was told that since you are swearing on a certified official U.S. Government document that you do receive the income that it's actually a felony to lie on that document.  So it's basically perjury to lie on the income affidavit that the U.S. Embassy will continue to provide.  I just figured doesn't make a difference since I actually am being honest about my income every year.  In fact we received a COLA raise since last year so I actually make a little more every month now.  

Anyway the OP never did answer my question yet.  I'd really like to know who he spoke with I know who I spoke with at the same immigration office and I was told exactly the opposite of what he put out.  I wish people would stop spreading rumors I wasn't even planning on posting what they told me today until after I read this post but I felt I had to because there's so much false information and rumors going around about this issue.  

It is the same as the Australian Statutory Declaration, it carries a 4 year jail sentence with a criminal record if you fill in and sign a false document, which is quite easy to check. It appears that the Brits do not do the same type of document which is what has caused all this rubbish.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Russell17au said:

It is the same as the Australian Statutory Declaration, it carries a 4 year jail sentence with a criminal record if you fill in and sign a false document, which is quite easy to check. It appears that the Brits do not do the same type of document which is what has caused all this rubbish.

Oh ok that makes sense because I've also heard that no other embassy is planning on changing anything except for the British embassy and the U.S. Embassy was talking about potential changes in the distant future maybe.  And it sounds like a big maybe 

15 minutes ago, Leatherneck said:

Good...that'll save me $50 each year.

Justast week I extended my visa here in Chiang Mai with a copy of the document verifying my monthly government pension back in the States...and a copy of my Thai bank passbook verifying my monthly direct deposits hete. I also had an income affidavit from the consulate here but had been told prior to going into immigration that it was no longer sufficient at immigration and I needed the other documents to really verify my income and deposit. At the time I thought "why do I need the affidavit then if it's not sufficient and the other documents suffice?"

Who told you it was no longer sufficient?  That would be the main crux of the post eh? 

14 minutes ago, Mike Wolfe said:

I've always wondered that myself "how do they know I'm not just saying I receive the monthly income that I receive".  I even asked them that at the U.S. Embassy last year and I was told that since you are swearing on a certified official U.S. Government document that you do receive the income that it's actually a felony to lie on that document.  So it's basically perjury to lie on the income affidavit that the U.S. Embassy will continue to provide.  I just figured doesn't make a difference since I actually am being honest about my income every year.  In fact we received a COLA raise since last year so I actually make a little more every month now.  

Anyway the OP never did answer my question yet.  I'd really like to know who he spoke with I know who I spoke with at the same immigration office and I was told exactly the opposite of what he put out.  I wish people would stop spreading rumors I wasn't even planning on posting what they told me today until after I read this post but I felt I had to because there's so much false information and rumors going around about this issue.  

I agree no government has all the time to verify all the income, people do realize there are other businesses that is required from the Embassy with a continued cutting cost to staff even at the Embassy.

Look in the mirror Thai immigration, get your house in order I seriously doubt the people are inside immigration each year is running through all the pages on my passport. They already have boxes and boxes construed as wallpaper for years of asking for verification at Jomtien soon they will have to move to a larger building if a fire starts in their building all hell will break? 

The person the ops spoke to was Thai official somewhere CW? Doesn't seem to have spoken to anyone in the Embassy?

This is the main problem with this lovely country the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. The so call big shots in Bangkok in charge has no ability to convey the proper information to other province thus the current knowledge each Immigration office has different standard one of biggest negatives about their immigration. Thus is the same problem with driving fines everyone makes up their own fee?  another great example is the PM declare Section 44 on selling liquor 300 something from schools no one had an idea what he was talking about impossible to enforce so after all the noise back to business. 

Personally the Brits Head man should have his tea taken away and tar and feather being a snitch this is the type of B.S. why America even exist the guy needs to grow a pair?????????

Edited by thailand49

2 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Who told you it was no longer sufficient?  That would be the main crux of the post eh? 

It has been known that Chiang Mai have been doing random checks on the income of Americans for some time now

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Russell17au said:

It has been known that Chiang Mai have been doing random checks on the income of Americans for some time now

Who told the poster the letter was not sufficient?  An immigration official?  An embassy employee?  A fellow at the bar?  A Thai visa poster that was acting like an expert?

• Like 2