How much should a driveway gate cost?

Sealhead777

On 10/24/2018 at 6:32 PM, Kwasaki said:

10,000 to 20,000 thousand baht.

Our driveway rolling automatic gate was around 14,00Baht fitted but that's 5 years ago.

The gate was already fully installed, the fitters arrived and lifted the rolling gate and removed one set of rollers then showed my son that the rollers were quite poor quality and it was obvious and it was hard work to get the gate to roll, and no the original rollers weren't dirty, close to new.

Then the supervisor asked my son to go with them to another close by house in our village and they showed him a gate which had been changed to much better quality stainless steel HAFELE rollers.  

Supervisor suggested that the first step was to change the rollers on our gate to much better HAFELE quality, about 1,000Baht and the supervisor asked my son to go with him to buy the better rollers and for son to see the price on the shelf (from memory at Global House). Son did accompany the guy to buy the new stainless rollers, meanwhile his staff were well organized to get everything ready for fitting the automatic open/close equipment.

They fitted the new stainless rollers and WOW the gate moved very easily.

Our automatic gate opening/closing remote controlled system is PAT brand, never ever had any problems in 5 years. 

39 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Our driveway rolling automatic gate was around 14,00Baht fitted but that's 5 years ago.

The gate was already fully installed, the fitters arrived and lifted the rolling gate and removed one set of rollers then showed my son that the rollers were quite poor quality and it was obvious and it was hard work to get the gate to roll, and no the original rollers weren't dirty, close to new.

Then the supervisor asked my son to go with them to another close by house in our village and they showed him a gate which had been changed to much better quality stainless steel HAFELE rollers.  

Supervisor suggested that the first step was to change the rollers on our gate to much better HAFELE quality, about 1,000Baht and the supervisor asked my son to go with him to buy the better rollers and for son to see the price on the shelf (from memory at Global House). Son did accompany the guy to buy the new stainless rollers, meanwhile his staff were well organized to get everything ready for fitting the automatic open/close equipment.

They fitted the new stainless rollers and WOW the gate moved very easily.

Our automatic gate opening/closing remote controlled system is PAT brand, never ever had any problems in 5 years. 

Our gate /fences are standard height you usually see in a modern moo baan, I'm aware that for taller gates, or heavier construction gates you need  a more powerful heavier duty electric gate opening/closing system and obviously more expensive.  

On 10/24/2018 at 4:10 PM, Sealhead777 said:

I need to have a driveway gate built at my home. I live in Isaan. The gate needs to span 5 meters, would be 2 1/2 meters high, be kind of fancy stainless steel and be the rolling type. Anyone’s with information or experience on the expected cost?

Thanks.

I got two gates  done one was 4.6metres the other 4 metres both 2m tall photo attached, however i did my  own concrete base with steel and fitted the rail, electric  motor cables etc. Price for the TWO gates 120k inc a few odd stainless brackets for  fitting.

Motor was from Thai Watsadu  "Forsee" ( I bought two one for a spare as parts  will be impossible maybe later), motor was 9990 baht each again fitted  myself with closing sensors remote control etc etc

Use the larger stainless wheels  if you can not 3  inch but 4  inch dont forget  to get a rail at the bottom to keep dogs from sneaking under it...........electrify if necessary????

20170115_105844.jpg

20170116_134424.jpg

gate.jpg

gateee.jpg

Have a S/S gate with remote electric set up. 3 mt high 4 mt wide. Cost for that was around 75th BHT.

Remote was 30th BHT top of the range thing with censors. No need for censors (cheaper) But we have a large dog and she likes to stand in the entrance when we close the gate. 

All cost were fitted.

I see that some plonker said S/S rusts well I can assure you it doesn't quick spray off with hose and it looks like new.

N/B Even though the motor is water proof. Don't mount the motor at ground level as it could get water in it when we have one of our storms also having a small cover helps in that direction. 

Hope this helps.

IMGP0011.JPG

12 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Have a S/S gate with remote electric set up. 3 mt high 4 mt wide. Cost for that was around 75th BHT.

Remote was 30th BHT top of the range thing with censors. No need for censors (cheaper) But we have a large dog and she likes to stand in the entrance when we close the gate. 

All cost were fitted.

I see that some plonker said S/S rusts well I can assure you it doesn't quick spray off with hose and it looks like new.

N/B Even though the motor is water proof. Don't mount the motor at ground level as it could get water in it when we have one of our storms also having a small cover helps in that direction. 

Hope this helps.

IMGP0011.JPG

Lovely gate. Did the 75K include motor as well?

25 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Lovely gate. Did the 75K include motor as well?

Yes. Including motor, but the first one was fitted ground level and it flooded in a big storm (water rushing down the drive) so had to fit a new one. This time it was fitted where you see it.

I did get it done separately. Gate at local S/S place. Motor by the Motor recommended man. His electric was crap but I redid it myself and now's all's fine. Reason we have a box fitted under the motor is we have an electric socket in same handy if you want some sort of power in the garden.

Suggest you shop around as there can be a vast difference in costs between S/S places. Also make sure they use No: 1 grade S/S.

Update just been out to check, the gate is 3mt + high X 5.20 mt wide.

Note to self must get used to those MT things, not feet inches.

Archived