Jump to content

BMW releases two bikes


snoop1130

Recommended Posts

BMW releases two bikes

By The Nation

 

BMW Motorrad Thailand has unveiled two new bikes from the GS family – the new BMW F 750 GS and F 850 GS - that live up to the F-Series’ incredible on-road and off-road credentials. Joining the two is the new BMW C 400 X, the latest member in BMW Motorrad’s Urban Mobility range to offer exceptional agility in every corner and a full range of convenient features.

 

Markus Glaeser, head of BMW Motorrad Thailand, said: “After the arrival of the BMW F 800 GS in 2015, we are bringing back the enduro excitement with two new bikes in the BMW F 750 GS and BMW F 850 GS. 

 

"Both bikes deliver superb design and performance that combine into the definitive experience of joy on two wheels – complete with excellent agility on the road, touring-style comfort, and the heart and soul of an offroad adventurer. The F 750 GS and F 850 GS are also the latest additions to our range of locally assembled motorcycles and further proof of our plant’s outstanding capabilities.

 

“Furthermore, we are also adding a touch of variety to the BMW Motorrad lineup with the BMW C 400 X, a new alternative for agile urban mobility that will lead you on a fun and comfortable ride through the Bangkok traffic.”

 

For customers purchasing a motorcycle of any model ‪this year‬ will have a special offer from BMW Motorrad Thailand in the form of the complimentary BMW Motorrad Service Inclusive package, which covers all standard maintenance for up to three years or 30,000 km, plus an extended warranty package that upgrades the warranty to three years with unlimited mileage.

 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/business/30357096

 
thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-10-24
Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“Furthermore, we are also adding a touch of variety to the BMW Motorrad lineup with the BMW C 400 X, a new alternative for agile urban mobility that will lead you on a fun and comfortable ride through the Bangkok traffic.”

Now this I have to see.........maybe a special air conditioned bubble attachment..............:cheesy:

Link to post
Share on other sites

When looking at a video of the presentation it looks like the version in Thailand won't have all features, you can see that it doesn't come with the TFT display. Let's see which other features they won't offer here in Thailand

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As soon as I can check out this new BMW C 400 scooter and it's price I will wave bye bye to my Xmax. Their 650 maxi scooters were overpriced IMO and since I don't tour they were overkill. This C 400 should be the ideal scooter for my needs both in city here in Chiang Mai and a run over the mountains to Chiang Rai and Mai Sai.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, lipflipper said:

As soon as I can check out this new BMW C 400 scooter and it's price I will wave bye bye to my Xmax.

Will cost 399k. Sure you are going to wave bye bye to your xmax? 😛

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, jackdd said:

When looking at a video of the presentation it looks like the version in Thailand won't have all features, you can see that it doesn't come with the TFT display. Let's see which other features they won't offer here in Thailand

 

Could it be that in the video they only showed the dash of the 750 and that one doesn't have a TFT? The 850 probably has it. Just guessing as the BMW Motorrad Thailand website wont load properly for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

Could it be that in the video they only showed the dash of the 750 and that one doesn't have a TFT? The 850 probably has it. Just guessing as the BMW Motorrad Thailand website wont load properly for me.

At about 6:15 of the video you can see the "850" on the tank and the non-tft display.

I just had a look on the BMW Thailand website. They do at least have pictures showing the TFT display, so for whatever reason maybe they didn't present the full specced version.

But the price range also seems odd. They list all the different packages like Touring, Comfort, Dynamic, Lights same as in Germany on their Thailand website. But in Germany the price difference between the basic version to the top specced version is about 4000 Euro or 150k THB. So the mentioned price range of 575k - 615k might be wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I think you'll have to talk to a dealer. The BMW Motorrad page is very confusing. The configurator even more so. If you switch from white to dark green, it wants to select all kinds of packages which all cost 0 THB but add 40k for the color? If you want the white and select the DTC feature, it wants to change the color and remove the lower seat.

They show it with a normal LCD dash but a bit further down under optional equipment they say "Connectivitiy incl. 6.5" full color TFT display". This option doesn't exist in the configurator though.

 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, eisfeld said:

I think you'll have to talk to a dealer. The BMW Motorrad page is very confusing. The configurator even more so. If you switch from white to dark green, it wants to select all kinds of packages which all cost 0 THB but add 40k for the color? If you want the white and select the DTC feature, it wants to change the color and remove the lower seat.

They show it with a normal LCD dash but a bit further down under optional equipment they say "Connectivitiy incl. 6.5" full color TFT display". This option doesn't exist in the configurator though.

 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

 

Agreed... the BMW Motorrad page has clearly not been tested by those who made it... 

... its highly confusing, or more accurately, the configurator is not working... 

 

This Video from BKK Motorcycle shows the G850GS Adventure being delivered to the showroom... when looking carefully it would appear that it comes with the TFT display.

 

But the info is still unclear....  as is often the case, it takes a little extra effort and a personal visit to find out the facts (which I'd much prefer to know so that I'm fully informed when I go and check the machine out in person)... 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

This Video from BKK Motorcycle shows the G850GS Adventure being delivered to the showroom... when looking carefully it would appear that it comes with the TFT display.

When carefully looking one can see that this is the non-TFT version

dash.JPG.4b40de58d79939a97e200b594c2ff716.JPG

 

Here a video made in Thailand, also showing the non-TFT version (at 0:32):

 

I would say there is a good chance that Thailand doesn't get the TFT dashboard, but Thailand might get Keyless start.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The BMW F800/850 GS Thailand Facebook page shows the TFT model... 

 

But, these were taken in October... they could be 'Press' models for reviews etc... 

 

Sadly, however, I think you may be right... the BMW Motorrad webpage has the TFT part edited out in the 'about the bike' spiel... 

 

 

 

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 18.17.44.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 18.18.14.png

 

https://www.bmw-motorrad.ca/en/models/adventure/f850gs.html

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 18.44.11.png

 

https://www.bmw-motorrad.co.th/en/models/adventure/f850gs.html

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 18.44.26.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

So you might have to want a look at the Triumph Tiger, the only bike in this class which you can get full specced in Thailand (at least regarding the major parts, i don't know if there are any minor differences) 😉

Or wait for the KTM 790, but who knows when this will be available and what it will cost...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...