Apple to open first Thailand store on November 10

webfact

1 hour ago, tominbkk said:

Utter BS.  Apple uses the best technology.  That's why a Macbook can last ten years plus.

Please use more moderate language if you want to talk to me, bluster is so undignified.

Everyone's entitled to be a fanboi if they insist on so being, but it doesn't make dissenting views invalid. Besides, you answered a point I did not make.

Hard of hearing is something to sympathise with, hard of thinking isn't.

1 hour ago, tominbkk said:

I moved to apple products in 2008.  My firat macbook pro lasted me 9 years.  It still works actually, I gave it to a friend who runs a small store.  I have a new MBP now.  Before I used common upmarket PCs.  Usually they had a life of 4 years max before starting to fall apart.  Macs are expensive but have top quality builds.  Please don't talk about what you don't know.

Used to be the case in Job's day, even if he was a world-class icehole. Not so now, when every release features yet another bug that needs squashing because their testing regime doesn't cut the mustard any more.. Wait for a new batch in a few weeks. Apple has turned into a profiteering machine. whose sole value is bigger multi-million dollar bonuses for it's senior managers and for whom purchase price has little to do with the cost of manufacturing and earnings little to do with minimising tax through exotis schemes.

Thankfully, societies across the world are waking up to the yuppie and banking approaches to doing business which Apple, Google and Amazon espouse, and in my experience, these days, Apple technology isn't nearly as reliable as it used to be. Don't like their money-grubbing greed very much at all to be honest.

Bah humbug.

It's amazing to me how still to this day people buy apple like it's the thing to have while in reality it's a well known fact outside the poor and middle class that apple targets, that it's not at all better than any other reliable good brand. And in many cases it's actually worse. 
It reminds me of the guy who invented pet rocks. He sold rocks to people and told them those were pets. He became a millionaire. You can literally sell anything to people. Anything. It just needs some marketing that's all. 

I think it slowly dawns on Apple that it is not enough to try and talk up and try to sell us overpriced and outdated technology that others now offer for almost half the price.

Many friends of mine - people who have defended Apple in the past have had enough.

Selling phones which are apparently outdated in 6 months or a year or two ( at least that is what they want us to believe every time a new phone comes out) for the price of a motorbike that you can use for the next 20 years or longer just does not work anymore.

Most of my Thai friends have switched to Huawei and never looked back.

Apple has lost it’s shine when they came up with the iPhone X which offered nothing that the competition did not offer for an unjustified high price.

And my friends have also convinced me - after 10 years of Iphone this will be my last Apple phone unless they come up with something totally revolutionary but I don’t think they can.

They must think we are stupid forking out between 40.000 to 50.000 Baht for a phone that offers nothing more - or less - than the competition does in the 20.000 to 27.000 Baht range.

Sent from my last iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

I'm not sure you should expect to have the same or better experience with the Thai Apple Store.

I think you are better to be cautiously hopeful.

Thais don't do customer service well and they don't do lateral thinking or problem solving well, generally.

Before you judge me, I work with some of the top engineering and other technical talent in Thailand -- 30 years.

Hi Flex, I understand exactly what you are saying and I do agree. Have had work experiences along these lines before in Thailand, which has proven very frustrating. I guess my excitement is about being linked into the worldwide network of Apple stores, guarantees etc, with the hope this might improve service, lateral thinking and problem-solving skills. At least a product bought in Thailand may soon have a wider support reach. I guess time will tell.

8 hours ago, HalfLight said:

Please use more moderate language if you want to talk to me, bluster is so undignified.

Everyone's entitled to be a fanboi if they insist on so being, but it doesn't make dissenting views invalid. Besides, you answered a point I did not make.

Hard of hearing is something to sympathise with, hard of thinking isn't.

Come on Halflight, get over it.

You came on this thread to be negative and a poster replied to it.

PLEASE avoid Apple threads in the future so you can rest peacefully at night and not be bewildered at a lack of "moderate language".   ????

10 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

Come on Halflight, get over it.

You came on this thread to be negative and a poster replied to it.

PLEASE avoid Apple threads in the future so you can rest peacefully at night and not be bewildered at a lack of "moderate language".   ????

<sigh>

Please don't assume you understand or are even aware of my motivations, you aren't and I doubt the respondent was either.

Pretending is OK but you need to be realistic, and being an Apple fanboi isn't a great start. I've been using Macintosh computers since 2005. I doubt there's very much he (or you) can tell me about Apple Macs. I'm not a great admirer of Cook, or Jobs before him. Or for that matter, the business ethics of Apple as a whole, but it's just my opinion. Don't like it? Don't read it, use the 'ignore button', that's what it's there for and it won't upset me in the least.

I really shouldn't have to tell this stuff to grown men... TV isn't a kindergarten.

On 10/26/2018 at 7:51 AM, tominbkk said:

I moved to apple products in 2008.  My firat macbook pro lasted me 9 years.  It still works actually, I gave it to a friend who runs a small store.  I have a new MBP now.  Before I used common upmarket PCs.  Usually they had a life of 4 years max before starting to fall apart.  Macs are expensive but have top quality builds.  Please don't talk about what you don't know.

I never talk about what i don't know. I commented coz i know what i am talking about. 

And because you had a lamebook that lasted 9 years you just decided that a person you don't even know doesn't know what he's talking about. <deleted> at that. I assume this level of intelligence comes as a result of using a mac for almost a decade. 

On a side note i have several pcs notebooks etc that are not mac and they still work after way more than a decade. I don't even know what you're talking about. 

I will suspend your account. 

On 10/25/2018 at 3:21 PM, Hayduke said:

Great…another fancy and overpriced shop staffed by bored-looking puchais too busy playing with their own phones to actually do any work.

I have a wonderful and helpful newsflash to share with you.     Apple recently announced that starting immediately, those individuals who wish to not shop at Apple Stores will no longer be required to do so

On 10/25/2018 at 4:58 PM, Srikcir said:

Thanks for sharing that Forbes link.     I looked up another one asking in which countries Apple has an Official store.    It says China already has 40 official Stores and then there are loads of "fake Apple stores"

The link:https: //www.thebalancesmb.com/apple-retail-stores-global-locations-2892925

Apple, unlike many retailers thinks outside the box.    What you see in the photo of your link does happen.     Apple sets up computers and such for children to use in the store and it also hold many training classes free of charge.

With use of the "Genius Bar" and AppleCare,    no product question will go unanswered.

On 10/25/2018 at 5:25 PM, jgarbo said:

Never tried Linux? I'll install it for you, no bugs, regular updates, no viruses. Free, But to make you happy, I'll charge Bt 1000. OK? Moron.

So are you making a joke or are you offering your help free of charge?

Why are you calling a fellow TVF member a moron?

On 10/25/2018 at 5:20 PM, jgarbo said:

We have a big Apple store at Siam Square already. Walk past it often. Linux man.

Unless that's the one mentioned in the OP,   I suspect you're confusing a reseller with an official Apple Store

I personally have no interest in others liking or using Apple products.   The apparent jealousy factor is something I don't understand from some people.  And if I didn't like Windows PC's I don't think I'd waste my time ranting about it.

The misery on this forum to any positive news is astounding.

...but I bet more than half of them got excited when they read that Apple is opening a "Genius bar", hoping it sells 40 baht Chang Beer and bar fine is 100 baht.

On 10/26/2018 at 7:51 AM, tominbkk said:

I use Mac, PC, Linux, BSD, and others. I was an engineer not long ago. 

I respect your opinion above, but there are several things I think are odd. 

1. Who uses a mobile computer for 9 years or expects to? Anyone who does anything significant with their computing technology certainly does not work on 9 year old tech. 

Result- there is little economic need to build a mobile computer that lasts a decade. Especially one that is intended for a "Pro" market. 

2. If you'd spent the same amount you did on a MacBook Pro on a similarly priced PC, I assure you that the PC would have lasted a similarly long time. Apple holds no secret manufacturing process that allows fod their machines to last substantially longer per cost unit than PCs. 

Where Apple DOES actually excel is in selling a complete product ecosystem. Hardware + Software ecosystem. And, they still do this well. However, tech-wise, it's been a long time since they sold anything innovative enough to justify the high prices.

On 10/25/2018 at 3:41 PM, watcharacters said:

What you see is not an official Apple store.    They are  what is best described as resellers.

I for one am very pleased if this announcement is  genuine and an Apple Store in Thailand comes to be.

Same s*it different outlet

Archived