Apple to open first Thailand store on November 10

webfact

Apple to open first Thailand store on November 10

By The Nation

c8d835212a7e3b7e8c42ddc815022962-sld.jpe

Apple's first store in Thailand is scheduled to open on November 10 in Bangkok at Iconsiam.

Apple Thailand confirmed the date in a statement on Thursday.

The company said the riverside store could provide inspirations for a lot of people to learn about technology.

56a06b78eb5e91ec235ecc576042c380-sld.jpe

Apart from selling Apple products, the store will also have a Genius Bar to provide help to Apple users regarding services and software.

The website said school field trips are welcome at the store.

The website added that staff at the store will be ready to help users to get their products up and running and there will also be a team of experts to provide advice on business solutions for companies.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/Startup_and_IT/30357143

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-10-25

8 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

First apple store?

Every shopping mall has one already: same storefront, same products, same everything... except for a license from apple maybe.

It is Apples's first store, you know the company that actually makes iphones and Macbooks etc.   The stores that currently sell iphones and Macbooks are not owned by Apple just resellers of their products offering reduced product guarantees that are provided by Apple owned stores. A true Apple store retailed product will have an internationally accepted guarantee.

11 minutes ago, Hayduke said:

Great…another fancy and overpriced shop staffed by bored-looking puchais too busy playing with their own phones to actually do any work.

They are all like that. The worst examples are those working in the so called "designer" shops.  Think they are too good to serve you and that you should consider it a privilege for them to let you in the store. Stuck up Prats would be sacked anywhere else.

35 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

First apple store?

Every shopping mall has one already: same storefront, same products, same everything... except for a license from apple maybe.

What you see is not an official Apple store.    They are  what is best described as resellers.

I for one am very pleased if this announcement is  genuine and an Apple Store in Thailand comes to be.

Must be a desperate call for promoted attention, as it applies for Apple everywhere these days.

They've long had issues with their products/technology [especially Iproducts] and increasingly finding it more difficult to compete in a much more quality driven market. Very American business approach.

Apple sucks.

And they'll surely be the last ones to know.

1 hour ago, Esso49 said:

They are all like that. The worst examples are those working in the so called "designer" shops.  Think they are too good to serve you and that you should consider it a privilege for them to let you in the store. Stuck up Prats would be sacked anywhere else.

No, just don't buy. "No customer, no salary." Old Chinese saying. 

1 hour ago, Esso49 said:

not very helpful ... agreed ... knowledgeable either

1 hour ago, zzaa09 said:

Must be a desperate call for promoted attention, as it applies for Apple everywhere these days.

They've long had issues with their products/technology [especially Iproducts] and increasingly finding it more difficult to compete in a much more quality driven market. Very American business approach.

Apple sucks.

And they'll surely be the last ones to know.

Apple is 90% PR, 10% product. It attracts the perfect demographic. You work it out. I'm a Linux guy - free, modifiable, reliable. And I can wash my own clothes.

Apple products are very expensive in Thailand and sometimes $100's more than the states. For example, a 15inch MacBook Pro in the US is $2,399, Thailand it's $2,600 at the current exchange rate. Would be great if the store offered the same prices as they do in the states. Doubt it though. 

4 hours ago, Esso49 said:

It is Apples's first store, you know the company that actually makes iphones and Macbooks etc.   The stores that currently sell iphones and Macbooks are not owned by Apple just resellers of their products offering reduced product guarantees that are provided by Apple owned stores. A true Apple store retailed product will have an internationally accepted guarantee.

Where will they find Thais to staff the genius bar??? 

3 hours ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

Apple products are very expensive in Thailand and sometimes $100's more than the states. For example, a 15inch MacBook Pro in the US is $2,399, Thailand it's $2,600 at the current exchange rate. Would be great if the store offered the same prices as they do in the states. Doubt it though. 

Apple products are very expensive everywhere!

In this instance, less than 10% differential to take into account fluctuating exchange rates is hardly an extortionate mark-up and the price is probably on a par with most countries outside the USA. In fact it's probably mostly Thai VAT that makes up the difference.

It's amazing to me how still to this day people buy apple like it's the thing to have while in reality it's a well known fact outside the poor and middle class that apple targets, that it's not at all better than any other reliable good brand. And in many cases it's actually worse. 

It reminds me of the guy who invented pet rocks. He sold rocks to people and told them those were pets. He became a millionaire. You can literally sell anything to people. Anything. It just needs some marketing that's all. 

7 hours ago, jgarbo said:

Apple is 90% PR, 10% product. It attracts the perfect demographic. You work it out. I'm a Linux guy - free, modifiable, reliable. And I can wash my own clothes.

Amen to that, but as old as I am, I confidently expect to be around to see Mr Cook and his merry men taking a real bath. The triumph of form over function.

Apple in Australia is absolutely brilliant! Their products are modern, sleek and work well. Despite their initial higher pricing, their guarantee is excellent and their genius bar is just that - genius! Their Support team is available online, by chat, email or phone 24/7 and they are really helpful and patient. The Apple store has free classes, and I have done their photography and photo class, their video class and their beginner and intermediate MacBook Pro classes. Store staff are super friendly and helpful. My first MBP developed a black screen and the whole unit was replaced - no questions, no repairs - a brand new device on the table. As I will be moving to Thailand soon, the opening of this store will ensure my custom. And for all your doubters, I got my first MBP when I retired at 65 and just love it. What do they say? An Apple a day...! ????????????

2 minutes ago, Audragon said:

Apple in Australia is absolutely brilliant! Their products are modern, sleek and work well. Despite their initial higher pricing, their guarantee is excellent and their genius bar is just that - genius! Their Support team is available online, by chat, email or phone 24/7 and they are really helpful and patient. The Apple store has free classes, and I have done their photography and photo class, their video class and their beginner and intermediate MacBook Pro classes. Store staff are super friendly and helpful. My first MBP developed a black screen and the whole unit was replaced - no questions, no repairs - a brand new device on the table. As I will be moving to Thailand soon, the opening of this store will ensure my custom. And for all your doubters, I got my first MBP when I retired at 65 and just love it. What do they say? An Apple a day...! ????????????

I'm not sure you should expect to have the same or better experience with the Thai Apple Store.

I think you are better to be cautiously hopeful.

Thais don't do customer service well and they don't do lateral thinking or problem solving well, generally.

Before you judge me, I work with some of the top engineering and other technical talent in Thailand -- 30 years.

15 hours ago, Hayduke said:

Great…another fancy and overpriced shop staffed by bored-looking puchais too busy playing with their own phones to actually do any work.

Pay 300thb get 300thb of commitment.

As a business owner one would think it’d be better to cut your bored, over manned work force but 2/3 and redirect the wages saved toward the remaining 1/3. 

I’m confident with the right training, motivation and tracking of KPI’s a gun salesman on 1000thb a day would be for more efficient & productive than 3 bored people previously in his position. 

Agree with post 27.  Overmanning is a Thai curse on many Thai businesses/companies.  This leads to gossiping/boredom/poor service; a resentment towards customers disturbing their little world.  Take a walk round any Thaiwatsadu store to view employees actively hiding from customers in deserted corners or gathered in groups daring a customer to disturb their conclave.

By reducing their wage bill prices could be lowered; service levels raised.

15 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

14 hours ago, jgarbo said:

Never tried Linux? I'll install it for you, no bugs, regular updates, no viruses. Free, But to make you happy, I'll charge Bt 1000. OK? Moron.

I guess using Linux makes you a rude person?

15 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

I just got back from the US with an iphoneXsMax. Have questions about it, but am doubtful anyone can help me-- other than questions about a new purchase. When it comes to sales, they are always very chatty. If I'm not buying, and need customer support about something I just bought, they just walk away. It will take me 10 seconds to assess if this is a real Apple Store. As mentioned earlier, A Genius Bar is essential, and English-speaking Genius Bar even better.

If there is no Genius Bar and I hear just one "I dunno" or "no have," then it is not a genuine Apple store.

7 hours ago, A1Str8 said:

It's amazing to me how still to this day people buy apple like it's the thing to have while in reality it's a well known fact outside the poor and middle class that apple targets, that it's not at all better than any other reliable good brand. And in many cases it's actually worse. 

It reminds me of the guy who invented pet rocks. He sold rocks to people and told them those were pets. He became a millionaire. You can literally sell anything to people. Anything. It just needs some marketing that's all. 

I moved to apple products in 2008.  My firat macbook pro lasted me 9 years.  It still works actually, I gave it to a friend who runs a small store.  I have a new MBP now.  Before I used common upmarket PCs.  Usually they had a life of 4 years max before starting to fall apart.  Macs are expensive but have top quality builds.  Please don't talk about what you don't know.

6 hours ago, HalfLight said:

Amen to that, but as old as I am, I confidently expect to be around to see Mr Cook and his merry men taking a real bath. The triumph of form over function.

Utter BS.  Apple uses the best technology.  That's why a Macbook can last ten years plus.

Archived