Storm, Flood, Fire Warnings As Cold Season Begins Saturday

webfact

Storm, Flood, Fire Warnings As Cold Season Begins Saturday

By Jintamas Saksornchai, Staff Reporter

44140272_2157250017627252_20669344139916

Doi Inthanon, Chiang Mai.

BANGKOK — Thais might need sweaters while Europeans will continue wearing shorts come Saturday, which has been deemed the official start of this year’s cold season.

The roughly four-month season will see its coolest weather mid-December and January, according to the national weather agency, with the chilliest temperatures felt the soonest in the north and northeast.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2018/10/25/storm-flood-fire-warnings-as-cold-season-begins-saturday/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-10-25

I have been here when it was 5C in the morning at this time of the year. At the moment it never gets below 20c in morning and the days are 30-33c. There must be a big change coming if the cold season starts on Saturday, but the weather chart does not show anything coming.

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Nakhon Pathom has had a lot more rain this year than last, not that we've suffered any flooding.

Hope the forecast is correct and the showers give way to cool weather without the wet stuff!

Send the rain to Udon Thani/KK area! we have had a lot less rain this year than "usual" lots of room in the reservoirs, also been unusually hot the past few weeks & dry, only one decent rainfall in the past month! Be nice to enjoy some cool weather, be no excuses for not getting all the gardening jobs done now!

2 minutes ago, Darcula said:

No chance of that, I'm afraid.

Since the crackdown on black foreigners, my favourite Nigerian dealer seems to have vanished.

Applies only to you fortunate city slickers. 

Luckily, for us in the real world of countryside life, there's no such issues.

Big bad city life.

Must be grand.

????

Lat year we had hailstones on the outskirts of chiang rai ..It was great..

Now it is getting cooler here ..at night time .. Best time of the year ..

I love the "rai" oops , can I say that?

7 hours ago, MaxLee said:

So which one is it??? :cheesy::cheesy:

The numbnut Thai officials: did we get it all covered? Nothing anyone could point a finger at us about for not being part of our forecasts? OK then, we're safe, and can go on with our babble to keep the masses busy with BS, nobody to contest our fat wages and extras... Thainess at its best, the way the green sabre draggers love it: nobody's responsible for anything wrong, and of course every lucky shot comes from them. 'It's not me, it's ...' was the main anthem of the Shins for years, recuperated by the NCPO &Co., and indeed: people get the government they deserve! Ah, when the majority of, real, Thai citizens would grow the b.lls to, massively come up saying: enough is enough, probably an exact date for the next elections would not be a question anymore... But that day, not the day of the elctions, to me, seems more remote than it has ever been before(*)!

(*) Except in the fairy tales local history books for the kids are made of, there was never anything such as a 'Thai revolution', any more than 'brave Thais' it alas seems to be.

Archived