Brit amateur sleuth claims he’s spotted MH370 wreckage in Andaman Sea

webfact

SEA IT TO BELIEVE IT 

Brit amateur sleuth claims he’s spotted MH370 wreckage in the sea off Burma after scouring Google Earth

Taken from Google Earth, the object appears to be shaped like a large passenger plane - sparking a wild theory it could be the missing jet itself

EXCLUSIVE By Corey Charlton

mh.jpg

He claims the image was found over the Andaman Sea

AN amateur MH370 sleuth claims this satellite image shows the outlines of what could be the doomed jet off the coast of Thailand and Myanmar.

Taken from Google Earth, the object appears to be shaped like a large passenger plane - sparking a wild theory it could be the missing jet itself.

"I've got a feeling it could be it. It's the shape of it. If you look at it from above. I know it looks quite small but the ridges and mounds make me think it could be it.

Full story: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7568933/mh370-wreckage-claims-bruma-google-earth/

-- THE SUN 2018-10-25

Oh God, it just gets worse. After the ridiculous claim of the plane in the Cambodian jungle, we now have a guy looking at a DEM and saying "I think it's the plane!" DEMs, or Digital Elevation Models, are used in maps to show terrain. On land, most use the Shuttle Radar Topographic Mission data which has a resolution of 30m. In the ocean, they don't have satellites that penetrate deeply, so instead of showing water (boring) they show a representation of the ocean floor from bathymetric maps. These are very low resolution and prepared a long time ago. There's no way they've been updated, or that they would have the resolution sufficient to show a plane if one were there. And that assumes the plane somehow landed in the ocean without breaking up.

This is even dumber than the last one.

46 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Wasn't there another "Brit amateur sleuth" who last week claimed he'd realised the plane was in the heart of the Cambodian jungle, and was in the process of locating it there?

Someone clearly moved it from jungle to the sea. Anyone should know that! ????

This  is starting to get confusing the daily express had a world first  exclusive that the plane was in the Cambodian jungle with the two Brit brothers hacking their way through the jungle to locate the missing aircraft 

now the Sun Tabloid is claiming its in the Andaman sea  someone needs to let the two Brits in the Cambodian jungle know they now need diving gear and relocate 

plus let the Daily Express know as they need to have a World exclusive First  on this ?

Sheesh - I've got better pics of planes in places they ain't supposed to be !
(Well, one better pic at least.)

Somewhere in Khon Kaen:
(Note: there is no airport even remotely close in either direction and notice how the planes reflection is almost directly below it, indicating it was either very low or ........drum roll............ in the water !)
2065489198_PlaneinPond.jpg.b109d658c334b819122e11af00cce7ed.jpg

1571693531_PlaneinPond-2.jpg.11a9298bac77a2224b6234a81d0dc416.jpg

Note that I didn't bother rushing to the media to claim that I'd found the missing plane, in a pond next to a Buddhist temple in the heart of Thailand.

I'm sure there are some who would have though.

(They updated the Sat image already and the plane is no longer there - you have to go into the historical data to find it. I was actually searching for old Khmer era temples when I came across this image. At no time did I even consider that this was "the missing plane" because I'm not an idiot. Well, not all the time. Usually. Maybe. I'm going to leave now.)

1 hour ago, Kerryd said:

Sheesh - I've got better pics of planes in places they ain't supposed to be !
(Well, one better pic at least.)

Somewhere in Khon Kaen:
(Note: there is no airport even remotely close in either direction and notice how the planes reflection is almost directly below it, indicating it was either very low or ........drum roll............ in the water !)
2065489198_PlaneinPond.jpg.b109d658c334b819122e11af00cce7ed.jpg

1571693531_PlaneinPond-2.jpg.11a9298bac77a2224b6234a81d0dc416.jpg

Note that I didn't bother rushing to the media to claim that I'd found the missing plane, in a pond next to a Buddhist temple in the heart of Thailand.

I'm sure there are some who would have though.

(They updated the Sat image already and the plane is no longer there - you have to go into the historical data to find it. I was actually searching for old Khmer era temples when I came across this image. At no time did I even consider that this was "the missing plane" because I'm not an idiot. Well, not all the time. Usually. Maybe. I'm going to leave now.)

What about "Photoshop" Even blind Freddie could produce these pics if he wanted to.

3 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

He'd fit right in with the experts on here ! ????

Oh dear, for a moment I feared it was Higgins of Bellingcat, indefatigable manufacturer of fake news, funded by the Atlantic Council. But no, it's just a fool.  

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

I followed the Google Street View car around all day. Does that count? :cheesy:

oh by the way, here is the face on Mars.

mars.jpg

My uncle Jacob. Said he's had enough of Earth, needed to get away. The sand beasts got him.

Archived