Brit amateur sleuth claims he’s spotted MH370 wreckage in Andaman Sea

webfact

5 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Wasn't there another "Brit amateur sleuth" who last week claimed he'd realised the plane was in the heart of the Cambodian jungle, and was in the process of locating it there?

Watson & Holmes solved that one 9 weeks ago.

3 hours ago, David Walden said:

What about "Photoshop" Even blind Freddie could produce these pics if he wanted to.

I doubt "blind Freddie" could photoshop a plane into a Google Earth Sat image of a small pond in Isaan, even if there was a point to it. I'm guessing that the plane (in the pics I posted above) was probably a lot higher that it looks like in the pic. If the sun was in the right position, the plane's reflection could make it seem like the aircraft as just above the surface.
That would also account for why the plane wasn't in the image set before, or after, the one in which the plane appears in.

Personally, I think the pilot deliberately dove the plane into the waters off of Indonesia, well before the area they decided the plane may have made it to if it was on autopilot and ran out of fuel before gliding into the ocean. The last radio message from the pilot was (supposedly) "Good night Malaysian three seven zero" and I think he crashed the plane right after that.
The search area was based on the assumption that the plane was on autopilot and eventually crashed when it ran out of fuel, which would have placed it much further to the west. The signal the satellite picked up from the engine was hours after the radio message, but the plane could have been on (or near) the surface for hours before finally sinking far enough that no more signals could be detected.

When the Air France flight AF447 crashed in the Atlantic in 2009, they found bodies and wreckage within 5 days of the plane going down, but it was almost exactly 1 year (and 3 different searches) before they located the black boxes as the fuselage part they were in had drifted with the currents for miles before finally settling to the ocean floor.

I've been waiting for additional news articles regarding the flap and other parts they've found which should have given them a lot of clues about how the plane entered the water and even where it may have possible gone in (based on things like barnacle growth and sea life trapped in the pieces of the plane). I was expecting updated drift analysis reports and details on the forensic testing of the parts, but haven't seen/heard anything. 

I expect they'll find it one day. Probably by accident. Maybe after a major cyclone or tsunami. Parts will suddenly start appearing and they'll start looking in an area they never thought to look in before and suddenly they'll find the rest of it (or whatever is left of it by that time). They may never actually find out what really happened though unfortunately.

9 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Someone will be right one day is it him who knows ????????

You are so right about that but unfortunatly i think it will not be him this time.

Think i found the place on google maps (11°41'47.1"N 95°30'55.0"E 11.696410, 95.515286) but if the scale what is shown isn't terribly wrong it looks like he have found a 5km wide plane.

18 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Wasn't there another "Brit amateur sleuth" who last week claimed he'd realised the plane was in the heart of the Cambodian jungle, and was in the process of locating it there?

Yes there both from the same hospital, now come on Harry, its time for your tablets

Flight MH370 missing: Mysterious 'third entity withholding secrets about plane's final path'

A mysterious "third entity" knows more about the final path of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 before it crashed into the sea, it is claimed.

It is said that French investigators have also identified a number of "curious passengers" who should be investigated further.

The sensational claims were made by Ghyslain Wattrelos, a French national whose wife and two teenage children were lost when the Boeing 777 vanished over the Indian Ocean.

The devastated dad has accused Paris of withholding secrets about the doomed flight which disappeared four years ago.

More

Archived