looking for low priced massaman for everyday food

khman

Hi. Sorry I didnt find the samui 2018 food thread...

My wife (farang) would like to eat (take away) massaman almost everyday. We had a good spot but it closed.

Do you know somewhere I can buy massaman in take away for 60-100bahts?

In chaweng if possible.

It s not as easy as finding a cheap 60 bahts pad thai...

Thanks for your help!

If she's that keen on massaman why not learn how to make it at home, not a difficult dish, the major ingredients are easy to buy anywhere and the paste easy to find in markets, etc.

We make it at home about once every two weeks, also phad Thai once or sometimes twice a week, and khow soi noodles about once every 2 weeks, and more, all easy to master and not that time consuming.

The kids help with most of the above and they love the family activity. The kids also keep the house supplied with cup cakes, birthday cakes, cookies, pancakes, home made ice cream etc., all easy to master. Eldest granddaughter is also responsible to ensure whatever ingredients needed for kanom / bakery / dessert things are on the shopping list on the fridge.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

Nuts Restaurant on Soi Reggae, 50m up from PetchBuncha Thai boxing stadium do excellent curries. My favourite there is the paneng gai, but her massaman is also excellent. I think 100 baht including rice. She also delivers if you are very local. Give it a try.

@Scorecard, thanks. We look for buying from outside. But yes cooking can be fun in many cases.

@steelerian, I found it bought 2. Yeah price is 80 without rice, 100 with (big) rice.

It is very good! Thanks much. I will buy again tonight ah ah ah.

Ideally, I'd like more plans if/when they are closed, or for changing tate a bit, but I am already very happy with that one ! Thanks much again.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, khman said:

@steelerian, I found it bought 2. Yeah price is 80 without rice, 100 with (big) rice.

It is very good! Thanks much. I will buy again tonight ah ah ah.

Ideally, I'd like more plans if/when they are closed, or for changing tate a bit, but I am already very happy with that one ! Thanks much again.

Nuts is closed every Tuesday. All other days they close any time between 9pm-10pm usually.