For long-stayer avoiding 2 BKK airports, and using another airport to re-entry Thailand should help ?

As the entry in Thailand is stressful and seem to be nearly a lottery to get into their quota of being refused entry..  and especially for people who came many times even without doing illegal.. and being denied & sent to the cell..

Do entry by the another international airport like Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Phuket, Krabi.. U-Tapao(Pattaya) does help or not ? and have less chance to be denied ?

6 minutes ago, manarak said:

...because cheating immigration regulations is not illegal. yeah, right.

There's not cheating.. 

They doubt we're staying longer for stealing job of Thai people, which is not.

They don't even have writter regulations how long we can stay maximum as "tourist"

Exemple In Philippines you can be a long-tourist for many years, without being illegal.

Thailand the same, is written no where tourist limit stay.. 

The only regulations is the land border which is limited twice by calendar day! if using VE

and deny foreigners who don't have enough cash & suspect them as they're staying longer to work illegally!

Edited by DavidJow

27 minutes ago, DavidJow said:

There's not cheating.. 

They doubt we're staying longer for stealing job of Thai people, which is not.

They don't even have writter regulations how long we can stay maximum as "tourist" 

Exemple In Philippines you can be a long-tourist for many years, without being illegal.

Thailand the same, is written no where tourist limit stay.. 

The only regulations is the land border which is limited twice by calendar day! if using VE

and deny foreigners who don't have enough cash & suspect them as they're staying longer to work illegally!

"They don't even have writter regulations how long we can stay maximum as "tourist"

This is a very good time to familiarize yourself with Thai-Immigration Laws. Better you head back for the Philippines. You will not like Thai-Immigration Laws.

2 minutes ago, swissie said:

"They don't even have writter regulations how long we can stay maximum as "tourist"

This is a very good time to familiarize yourself with Thai-Immigration Laws. Better you head back for the Philippines. You will not like Thai-Immigration Laws.

No, I don't want go back to the Philippines.

Thai Immigration Laws doesn't show any limit using Thai TR visa ... 

Show me the regulations !

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DavidJow said:
As the entry in Thailand is stressful and seem to be nearly a lottery to get into their quota of being refused entry..  and especially for people who came many times even without doing illegal.. and being denied & sent to the cell..

Do entry by the another international airport like Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Phuket, Krabi.. U-Tapao(Pattaya) does help or not ? and have less chance to be denied ?

Yes, some entity(ies) seems have paid for certain policies, to reduce the number of Westerners in the country and/or force more of us into paying agent-tribute, elite-visa-tribute, or similar to stay.  But, they have only bought off some entry-points - and most still follow the written laws/regulations, which do not state any time-limit on stay in the country on Tourist Visas. 

I never fly in (even on a Non-O-ME), but if you must...

Use a Tourist Visa - not Visa-Exempt, which is given at immigration's prerogative. 

Have 20K Baht worth of CASH (not plastic), and show it helpfully if questioned (they have been known not to ask to see it, then reject on the claim you didn't have it).  The more cash you can show, the better.

I would definitely avoid both Bangkok Airports.  There are some rejected-entry horror-stories from Phuket and Krabi - but not recent.  I don't recall any horror-stories from U-Tapao or Chang Mai, but this could be due to lower-volume, so fewer reports to go by.  So if I had to fly in (though I wouldn't dare), I would try Chang Mai - ensuring the flight is direct, so not going through customs in Bangkok, first.  This is based on a slightly higher volume, and no bad reports - but not by any means a guarantee of success.

Someone mentioned flying to Vientiane and entering by land - then one could take a flight from Udon Thanni.  Similar could be done with a flight to Penang, entering by Train through Pedang Besar (not Sadao), then flying out of Hat Yai (which I have done in the past).  You still need 20K Baht to show at Malaysian entry-points - and not a bad idea to have it even if coming from Laos (though not reported as an issue, there).

Edited by JackThompson

2 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

The regulations are what the IO tells you.

I'm sorry but that's not correct, the regulations are what are published in the Immigration Act, Ministerial and Police Orders.

Individual Immigration Officers may well put their own interpretation on the published regulations, but they can't change them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thonglorjimmy said:

I'm sorry but that's not correct, the regulations are what are published in the Immigration Act, Ministerial and Police Orders.

Individual Immigration Officers may well put their own interpretation on the published regulations, but they can't change them.

A visa does not give you the right to demand entry. That decision can be/is made at whatever entry point you choose.

You read all of these stories online but whenever I enter at Suvarnabhumi Airport with a tourist visa I never have any problems and I never see anyone else with any problems. When was the last time someone with a tourist visa and at least a month out of the country and 20,000 baht in cash was refused entry?

53 minutes ago, overherebc said:

A visa does not give you the right to demand entry. That decision can be/is made at whatever entry point you choose.

It is important to realize that Thailand's official immigration rules are atypical in one respect, compared with other countries. The Immigration Act specifically makes clear that you can be denied entry only for reasons stated in Section 12 of that Act, or in accordance with Orders made by the Minister. Unlike in most countries, the immigration official is not given discretion to decide who is admitted or denied entry. This does not apply to visa exempt entries, as a Police Order (qualified by clarification by the Prime Minister) in 2014 specifically gave officials discretion on whether to grant visa exempt entry.

I believe the Immigration Act was written in a way that restricted the powers of immigration officials because of the scope for corruption when your ability to enter is at the mercy of corrupt officials. Whether or not this is true, it is a fact that an official wishing to deny you entry, when you have a visa, has to find a valid reason under Section 12 of the Immigration Act (11 specific grounds are listed, some more general than others). If denied entry, you have a right of appeal, though exercising this in practice can be difficult.

30 minutes ago, BritTim said:

This does not apply to visa exempt entries, as a Police Order (qualified by clarification by the Prime Minister) in 2014 specifically gave officials discretion on whether to grant visa exempt entry.

It actually was not a police order. It was guidelines issued for them to use for out/in visa exempt entries.

Topic here about it.

26 minutes ago, BritTim said:

It is important to realize that Thailand's official immigration rules are atypical in one respect, compared with other countries. The Immigration Act specifically makes clear that you can be denied entry only for reasons stated in Section 12 of that Act, or in accordance with Orders made by the Minister. Unlike in most countries, the immigration official is not given discretion to decide who is admitted or denied entry. This does not apply to visa exempt entries, as a Police Order (qualified by clarification by the Prime Minister) in 2014 specifically gave officials discretion on whether to grant visa exempt entry.

I believe the Immigration Act was written in a way that restricted the powers of immigration officials because of the scope for corruption when your ability to enter is at the mercy of corrupt officials. Whether or not this is true, it is a fact that an official wishing to deny you entry, when you have a visa, has to find a valid reason under Section 12 of the Immigration Act (11 specific grounds are listed, some more general than others). If denied entry, you have a right of appeal, though exercising this in practice can be difficult.

I would hazard a guess that many/most of the refused entry cases have a long list of VE/VOA entries and TV's with extensions and minimum time spent outside Thailand, and in quite a few cases the 'tourist' turns up at Imm' looking like a bag of sh-t tied in the middle with a rope.

A combination of the above gives Imm' reason to at least ask a few questions.