Great service at Chiang Mai Immigration.

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Perhaps things have changed recently after some immigration officers were transferred due to the complaints about the poor service at CM immigration. 

So, to use the official vernacular, these slow-coach officers were presumably transferred to "inactive posts".

In other words, pretty much the same in their case, of course.

At which particular office(s) are these officers now displaying their mastery of inaction, I wonder?

Edited by OJAS

So, to use the official vernacular, these slow-coach officers were presumably transferred to "inactive posts".

In other words, pretty much the same in their case, of course.

At which particular office(s) are these officers now displaying their mastery of inaction, I wonder?
How is inactive post punishment? Go from working all day to playing candy crush?

I also wrote some compliments to the new CM Imm, about ten days ago, regarding doing the TM30.

Unfortunately, today I had my face rubbed in the same old mess, if not worse.

I went there this morning directly after my flight hoping for a quick TM30, and found that the TM30 counter had been moved to the 3d floor. No elevator of course, so think twice if you have some luggage with you. Got there, small room full of people, not enough places to sit, some hanging out on the staircase, the numbers being called by voice, no queue status screen as the time before. The girl who was handing out the numbers was also doing the actual paperwork. Kept me waiting a few minutes before giving me a number, and I saw I would have 29 people in front of me. Thank you but no, turned around and left.

Looks like the old Promenada arrangement, only in a smaller, hotter room with nowhere to go while you wait.

As for extensions and all other business, the ground floor looked quite packed and chaotic.