Baht expected to remain under pressure this week

webfact

Baht expected to remain under pressure this week

PNECO611028001000501.jpg

BANGKOK, 29th October 2018 (NNT) — A research agency involved in one of Thailand’s high-street bank projects, expects the baht will remain under pressure and weaken against the U.S. dollar this week. 

Kasikorn Research Center forecasts the Thai currency will trade between 32.30 baht and 33.20 baht per U.S. dollar this week, when the focus will be on the Bank of Thailand’s September economic report and the Ministry of Commerce’s October Thai inflation report. 

KResearch noted that the baht has weakened against the U.S. dollar to 33.09 baht per greenback last week, after the country’s exports contracted more than expected while the market has been under the pressure from a foreign investors’ sell-off of Thai shares throughout the week. 

The agency added that the U.S. dollar meanwhile, has been strengthening on the back of investors’ aversion to risk from worries about the budget conflict between Italy and the European Union as well as on the Chinese economic slowdown. 

It went on to say that the dollar has also been supported by better-than-expected U.S. economic data released late last week.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-10-29
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, HappyAndRich said:

You did notice the source of information, right?

Trading Economics provides its users with accurate information for 196 countries including historical data for more than 20 million economic indicators.  Next best thing to Bloomberg as opposed to you?  Yes I noticed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Trading Economics provides its users with accurate information for 196 countries including historical data for more than 20 million economic indicators.  Next best thing to Bloomberg as opposed to you?  Yes I noticed. 

So, then you will have a perfectly good explaination for why the baht currency has been listed on the watchlist for currency manipulation then?

Must be out of pure evny from other countries in charge of the list? :cheesy:

The true facts is, as you say, that Trading Economics provide it´s users with information for 196 countries regarding official economical evaluations and reports. Another true fact is also that countries get listed on a watchlist, out of the reason they are hiding something in the dark.

If you put 1 + 1 and then use the equal sign regarding thoose 2 facts, I am quite sure that you will understand the situation.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, HappyAndRich said:

So, then you will have a perfectly good explaination for why the baht currency has been listed on the watchlist for currency manipulation then?

Must be out of pure evny from other countries in charge of the list? :cheesy:

The true facts is, as you say, that Trading Economics provide it´s users with information for 196 countries regarding official economical evaluations and reports. Another true fact is also that countries get listed on a watchlist, out of the reason they are hiding something in the dark.

If you put 1 + 1 and then use the equal sign regarding thoose 2 facts, I am quite sure that you will understand the situation.

You want to provide a link for Thailand being added to the currency manipulation watch list.  I couldn't find one.

The latest I found was " Six countries are now on America’s monitoring list: China, Japan, Korea, Germany, Switzerland and India."

The Treasury concluded that no major US trading partners met standards for “currency manipulation” in the second half of 2017.

https://www.ft.com/content/fa6fc472-3f5d-11e8-b9f9-de94fa33a81e

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

You want to provide a link for Thailand being added to the currency manipulation watch list.  I couldn't find one.

The latest I found was " Six countries are now on America’s monitoring list: China, Japan, Korea, Germany, Switzerland and India."

The Treasury concluded that no major US trading partners met standards for “currency manipulation” in the second half of 2017.

https://www.ft.com/content/fa6fc472-3f5d-11e8-b9f9-de94fa33a81e

Actually you are right. I have been reading that they risk getting on that list together with India. Anyway, that´s enough for me to fold the ears and raise my awareness about what is fact or fiction. here is the link to that: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-03/india-thailand-risk-fx-manipulator-watchlist-as-reserves-swell

I
just have to go back to 1 + 1 again. if you look into how much corrution and illegal activities that happens in Thailand regarding official organisations and the private sector, and then add that to that facts that they risk landing on the watchlist. Then I will actually say that the result of 1 + 1 is definately 2 for me.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HappyAndRich said:

Actually you are right. I have been reading that they risk getting on that list together with India. Anyway, that´s enough for me to fold the ears and raise my awareness about what is fact or fiction. here is the link to that: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-03/india-thailand-risk-fx-manipulator-watchlist-as-reserves-swell

I
just have to go back to 1 + 1 again. if you look into how much corrution and illegal activities that happens in Thailand regarding official organisations and the private sector, and then add that to that facts that they risk landing on the watchlist. Then I will actually say that the result of 1 + 1 is definately 2 for me.

When you are posting better not to lie about things like currency manipulation list as that's fake news.  Don't assume no one will check because they will. 

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Considering that oil price increase will also has direct effect on higher consumer goods, public transportation and even airticket; it will marginalized the increase you may get from the depreciating baht against your home currency. 

Gee whiz. My scooter will cost 80 baht to fill instead of 70 baht. Woe is me, whatever shall I do?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

With oil price rising and the baht depreciating, it will hit our pockets hard. 

Why? Do you spend all your time driving or something. Thousands of expats are praying for the Baht to depreciate. Especially the Brits, who for many, their financial situation has become critical.

14 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

only 12%

Actually it´s 10% as of an update from october 2018. On the other hand Thai export related to the whole world fell with over 5% only in september. That mainly due to smaller export in the sectors of car parts and computers. Thailand is a relatively new industrial export market, that contributes to two thirds of the total GDP of the country. That makes the economy extremely vunerable.

Edited by HappyAndRich
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HappyAndRich said:

Actually it´s 10% as of an update from october 2018. On the other hand Thai export related to the whole world fell with over 5% only in september. That mainly due to smaller export in the sectors of car parts and computers. Thailand is a relatively new industrial export market, that contributes to two thirds of the total GDP of the country. That makes the economy extremely vunerable.

And that has what to do with the price of bread.....my remarks were in response to yours about Thailand being an alleged currency manipulator?

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

And that has what to do with the price of bread.....my remarks were in response to yours about Thailand being an alleged currency manipulator?

Not my argument but I think the talk of Thailand being a currency manipulator may have started a week ago when Channel News Asia's business segment was discussing Donald Trump wanting to name China a currency manipulator.  The analysts suggested that if China was 'called out' then Thailand, and a number of other Asian countries. including India would also have to be named as they ticked two of the three boxes for currency manipulation while China only ticked one.   In the event, Trump did not name China and so the rest became irrelevant.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PREM-R said:

Not my argument but I think the talk of Thailand being a currency manipulator may have started a week ago when Channel News Asia's business segment was discussing Donald Trump wanting to name China a currency manipulator.  The analysts suggested that if China was 'called out' then Thailand, and a number of other Asian countries. including India would also have to be named as they ticked two of the three boxes for currency manipulation while China only ticked one.   In the event, Trump did not name China and so the rest became irrelevant.

The entire thing is a nonsense, Thailands export to import ratio to the US is 2:1but the sum of it all is in the low billions, plus, THB is such a minor currency that it has zero impact on the US economy. Personally the whole thing is the usual Trump waffle where he once again proves he doesn't know what he's talking about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simoh1490 said:

The entire thing is a nonsense, Thailands export to import ratio to the US is 2:1but the sum of it all is in the low billions, plus, THB is such a minor currency that it has zero impact on the US economy. Personally the whole thing is the usual Trump waffle where he once again proves he doesn't know what he's talking about.

and yet Trump is a billionaire and a President...sure wish I was that dumb...????????????

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

With oil price rising and the baht depreciating, it will hit our pockets hard. 

Not if one makes and spends Baht, less the dependence on a false and phony-baloney foreign currency exchange rate.