New Bangkok underground rail route to be operational in 2021

webfact

New Bangkok underground rail route to be operational in 2021

PNECO611028001000601.jpg

BANGKOK, 29th October 2018 (NNT) — The operator of Bangkok’s underground electric rail system, expects the first of several new routes to be in operation in 2021. 

The Acting Deputy Governor of the Mass Rapid Transit Authority of Thailand, Mr. Surachet Laophulsuk, said today that around 79 percent of the construction of the extended Green Line “Mo Chit-Saphan Mai-Kukot” rail system has been completed, while all engineering works and all stations are set to be concluded by February 2019. 

Mr. Surachet said that the MRTA is now working with the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration and Bangkok Mass Transit System, the operator of the BTS Skytrain system, to build the connecting point of the two rail projects and to install all systems in order for the new Green Line rail to be operational in 2021. 

He added that the MRTA is planning to open the first phase of the new line, from Mo Chit to the station in front of Central Plaza Latprao, by August 2019. Later more will be opened, until the entire line is fully operational.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-10-29

2021 - wow! That's the same year as (half of) the Sino-Thai railway will be up and running!

"Arkhom said a total of 13 construction contracts for the Bangkok-Nakhon Ratchasima route would be open for bidding in 2018 so that construction could be completed and the system become operational in 2021."

Just where will the thousands and thousands of staff come from - there's not enough woodwork to hide that many:

10 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Thanks. I can do that myself, I was criticing the journalist that wrote this article, as well as all the other journalists that mention new roads, railways, whatever using place names that not even my wife has ever heard of, let alone know where it is, without a f***ing map. 

11 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Very nice and much needed. Hope they will have better and more convenient connections to Bayoke Sky Tower, Chinatown or the Hilton Millenium area.

There are still the boats..

19 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

will they have four ticket machines that only accept coins with three out of order?

There will be more machines that accept notes and they will also let you add value to your Rabbit card (they may even work). And! BTS hope to get QR payments online in time for the December opening of the line past Samrong.

22 minutes ago, Crossy said:

BTS hope to get QR payments online in time for the December opening of the line past Samrong.

Im sorry what is that? I use a Rabbit Card (and an MRT Card)

Never mind are you talking about those square code things like Samsung pay?

Edited by Nyezhov

3 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Never mind are you talking about those square code things like Samsung pay?

That's the beasties.

There are several QR payment systems online in BKK at present that allow you to buy from vending machines and the like with no cash. Just shoot the QR that the machine displays with the relevant app on your phone and the machine dispenses your drink/snack/BTS ticket. The system that BTS will likely use is linked to Line-Pay.

44 minutes ago, Crossy said:

That's the beasties.

There are several QR payment systems online in BKK at present that allow you to buy from vending machines and the like with no cash. Just shoot the QR that the machine displays with the relevant app on your phone and the machine dispenses your drink/snack/BTS ticket. The system that BTS will likely use is linked to Line-Pay.

I have been thinking about Line pay.....what do you think of it? Safe? Can you link it to your Rabbit Card to control loss (i never run more than 1000 baht on the Rabster)

On 10/29/2018 at 7:11 AM, oldrunner said:

Patrons will be provided with life jackets during rainy season.

Might need had his also....with all of the talk that Bangkok is sinking its surprising that going under the city makes sense. Especially with the safety record of most of the contractors.