Family holiday ruined by racist tirade: 'This country is for white people only'

snoop1130

Family holiday ruined by racist tirade: 'This country is for white people only'

By: Meghan Lawrence

K37ACLQBLNDOZICGDPBMMKNCVQ.jpg

A Filipino family holidaying in Wellington were left disgusted after falling victim to a racist tirade.

A Filipino family holidaying in Wellington were left disgusted after falling victim to a racist tirade at an inner-city store.

Krizia Egipto, 18, and her family flew to the capital city from their home in Invercargill last week and had their impression of a "beautiful place" ruined when they were belittled by a fellow customer at a Night 'n Day store on Manners St.

In a Facebook post, Egipto explained that as the family were buying coffee and Lotto tickets, a woman approached them and said they "weren't welcome here".

"While we were heading out of the shop this lady was giving us a look, a bad look, so I was just looking at her as well. But suddenly while we were just about to go out of the shop she said something to us," Egipto wrote.

Full Story: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12150258

Some other newspapers picked up the story and one expands on the conversation between the two women:

...In a post to Facebook, Krizia said:

While we were heading out of the shop this lady was giving us a look, then I told her 'You're a f*****g racist and a F*****g b***h',  I got annoyed, angry and hurt... 

Source: https://www.msn.com/en-my/news/world/only-for-white-people-filipino-family-subjected-to-horrific-racist-tirade-in-new-zealand/ar-BBP3vzq?li=BBr8Mk9

Edited by Puccini
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Below Australia? Boy you guys have hit rock bottom.:tongue:

But don't despair with continental drift in not time at all you could be on top. To help things along perhaps you can have a national day where all NZs would go to the beach and paddle, LOL

All We need is for the Alpine fault to explode along it entirety this might raise the Continent of Zealandia again above the waves. This would be at the Expense of the Australian continent. Possible but not probable. As to hitting rock bottom. Sometimes despite all i think we are the luckiest Country.

If I recall correctly, race relations between white New Zealanders and Maoris are widely regarded as one of the more successful interactions between an indigenous population and its colonisers.

Racism is the result of ignorance. You can't fix stupid.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Perhaps you can help it along by throwing M80s in it! 

Don't worry about the Aussies, They probably won't even notice. they be  busy putting shrimps on the barbie until it's too late  :tongue: 

its already to late , theres more kiwis in oz than in NZ. 

last one out please turn out the lights .????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kiwiken said:

No matter where in the World you go you will meet people with an extremist point of view. NZ for white people, not likely and never has been. NZ is a pretty cosmopolitan type of Country. Being smaller we integrate a bit more. Yes there are Some who claim otherwise, but on the whole it is true.

I work in a large Industrial complex where there are about 1000 workers Fillipino's, Africans, Maori, Samoan, Tongan, Indian, Korean and many other races while the Company policy on any sort of discrimination is clear. Not only that but any that spout such things are shut down by the majority. Diversity is good. How many of us if We did a DNA test would be suprised by what we really are. 

Wellington for those who do not know is the NZ Capital located at the bottom of the North Island. Invercargill is a small City at the bottom of the South. NZ is 1200 miles app under Australia. We are the land down under the Land down under

I'm quite convinced only masochists could live in Invercargill.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Kiwiken said:

All We need is for the Alpine fault to explode along it entirety this might raise the Continent of Zealandia again above the waves. This would be at the Expense of the Australian continent. Possible but not probable. As to hitting rock bottom. Sometimes despite all i think we are the luckiest Country.

"Sometimes despite all i think we are the luckiest Country." is that why so many move to the "true" lucky country, across the ditch.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Perhaps you can help it along by throwing M80s in it! 

Don't worry about the Aussies, They probably won't even notice. they be  busy putting shrimps on the barbie until it's too late  :tongue: 

"Shrimps," they're bloody prawns mate.????

• Like 1

I just remembered: there is indeed a Wellington in UK, just between Shrewsbury and Wolverhampton.

So, maybe the confusion between NZ and UK is forgiveable (except that Wellington NZ is the bleeding capital city....).

16 hours ago, Tailwagsdog said:

New Zealand is not a rascist country and because one idiot makes stupid rascist comments are we to think otherwise? The NZ Herald used to be a good rag,  what happened? So now the drunken ramblings of an idiot outside the shop at night are news now? Give me a break.

One bad apple doesn't make the whole barrel bad. There are racists, bigots, xenophobes, perverts etc etc to be found in every country and of every nationality. 

Thankfully, they are still a tiny tiny minority. Nationality isn't a moderator of their condition.

8 hours ago, Lacessit said:

If I recall correctly, race relations between white New Zealanders and Maoris are widely regarded as one of the more successful interactions between an indigenous population and its colonisers.

Well that's no doubt the Pakeha view of things. If you were a Maori you might have a different view.

Certainly the NZ of my youth in the 1950s & 1960s was VERY racist. But of course they were convinced they weren't. "We're very proud of OUR Maoris." I remember my father having a discussion with one of my mother's brothers about 'What would you do if your daughter came home with a Maori?'. I have a BIL there still who's an out-&-proud-&-loud racist ... I could tell many tales.

Of course, as others have commented, you can find such people in every country in the world. But don't let any Kiwi tell you how morally superior they are to the rest of the world ...

19 hours ago, Tailwagsdog said:

New Zealand is not a rascist country and because one idiot makes stupid rascist comments are we to think otherwise? The NZ Herald used to be a good rag,  what happened? So now the drunken ramblings of an idiot outside the shop at night are news now? Give me a break.

Evidently this story is "news" enough that you read it and commented on it. Give me a break.

• Like 1