Synagogue massacre suspect in court; Trump to visit grieving Pittsburgh

webfact

1 hour ago, Morch said:

The second link doesn't support your nonsense "theory". The murderer's warped views are detailed, and it's quite obvious that there's a hierarchy of hate, as it were. The reason for picking the synagogue in question may very well be the community's involvement with the refugees and organizations supporting the "invading" caravan.

Did you just make that up ?

Are you just trying to link this massacre to Trump by making up connections ?

Was there a direct connection between that Synagogue and the Caravan ?

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Are you trying to inanely deflect again?

There were views aired by the murderer using similar canards, meme and rhetoric to the ones Trump used. He (Bowers) specifically referenced HIAS (look it up). The Tree of Life congregation was (or rather, is) very much involved with that. A week before the massacre they partook in related activity.

Edited by Morch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Morch said:

Are you trying to inanely deflect again?

I would appreciate it if you would stop speaking to me like that .

I was simply asking you a question .

So, there was no direct link to that synagogue and  the Caravan .

As you are rather niggly , this will end up turning into bickering and getting deleted

Best we end the discussion here

(Get the last word in, if you want )

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Morch said:

I'm amused by your "observations", and by the comments made while obviously (and self-admittedly) not having much clue regarding issues commented on. As for the above, I'll file that along with your other handy personal anecdote posts.

It might be impossible to "fix" antisemitism, but there's no need to accept it, put up with it or ignore it. The President engaging his voter base in a manner and style empowering antisemitism (and others form of bigotry) sure seems to make things worse. For obvious reasons, supporters and other interested parties are advocating a dissociation of Trump's words from reality - in this case, at least.   

I know a guy who lived in Haredi community and was bullied out of there - he was a friend of mine at the time... I helped a little bit to get through the ordeal - the story was featured in Israeli newspapers and television - I have much more detail than what was reported in the media about it. I'm not mad at you or anything like that... for future reference just fyi. It's good that you are speaking out on this issue - if somebody could fix antiesmitism - it would be great. As far as I know - Israel is the only country where somebody with "Jewish background" can live without having to watch their back - but like in the example I mentioned earlier - it's likewise not always the case ????

6 hours ago, sanemax said:
7 hours ago, Morch said:

The second link doesn't support your nonsense "theory". The murderer's warped views are detailed, and it's quite obvious that there's a hierarchy of hate, as it were. The reason for picking the synagogue in question may very well be the community's involvement with the refugees and organizations supporting the "invading" caravan.

If you were getting coverage from anything other than Fox and right-wing websites you would have heard about a recent event at that synagogue welcoming refugees of all faiths and cultures.  Being uninformed in these times is a choice.

All this terrorism against religious groups is causing different faiths to form a bond (in the US, at least), uniting against hate.  E.g. a mosque is attacked, the first person to offer assistance is a rabbi.  The most pronounced religious group is the white evangelicals, reminding you how close to Jesus they are by prefacing what they say with "Well, I'm a Christian...": they are not part of this.  They wear their piety on their sleeves, goes great with the red cap.  Think Mike Pence.

Americans (the ones without the red caps) are finding unity despite a leadership banking on divisiveness; there's hope in that.

• Like 2