‘Golden bell’ to keep Thai police officers awake in Region 1

webfact

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep an eye on detainees? 

When i was locked up, had foreign couple brought in, woman went into hysteric shock, could not breath, police did nothing. All of us in the cells kept her alive , not only they did not call medical professional but did not even check on her condition at all.

Even worse than the actual childish unreliable unstructured idea, just look at the crowd come to witness the grand opening bell ringing, all with that certain look of wow and amazement and OTC politeness, including several high ranking cops who should be engaged in much more important duties. 

They will soon become accustomed to hearing the bell, ignore it and continue with their sleep.

It will not be long before another idea is thought of.

I agree with the earlier post "who is responsible for waking up the person to ring the bell?" 

Unfortunately not the greatest idea.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

‘Golden bell’ to keep police officers awake in Region 1

Oh come on! Every hour? Who among the khee gilat hordes will rise to perform this arduous task?

So I have this rather radical solution: why not give the officers something to do - you know like law enforcement. Maybe throw in some incentive - like keeping their job. If this crazy idea works maybe they won't need the golden bell? We're definitely not in Kansas anymore. DING DONG....

8 hours ago, webfact said:

The acting chief has also instructed officers to take frequent walks around the premises to ensure order and keep an eye on the detained suspects.

Here's an idea.

How about police officers actually patrolling their neighborhoods on foot,  motorbike and patrol car. Checking for lawbreakers, stolen vehicles, ne'er do wells and other assorted riff-raff and actually talking to their fellow citizens.

Maybe that's too dangerous now, as it is in the west. 

We would all be being disrespectful if we thought the chief's idea was considered laughable.

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Even worse than the actual childish unreliable unstructured idea, just look at the crowd come to witness the grand opening bell ringing, all with that certain look of wow and amazement and OTC politeness, including several high ranking cops who should be engaged in much more important duties. 

My curiosity is just why the bell or anything similar is even needed?

My presumption is that most of the officers have poor to very poor work performance and if that's true demand better work, more work, better reliability, better attitude to their work and better timekeeping, and if it doesn't change quickly punish them appropriately, even dismissal.

In fact if there'a no punishment whatever chances are the whole situation will get worse. 

57 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Big Ben has been asleep since 2017 and will not chime again until after  2021.

Next suggestion? Cannon discharge?

Big Ben may have fallen silent in London but it is still there and functional and waiting for when renovations are completed to the Victorian mechanisms.

Archived