Chinese still feeding the pigeons - authorities set to threaten jail

snoop1130

Chinese still feeding the pigeons - authorities set to threaten jail

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTUxMS83NTU4ODU4LzIuanBn.jpg

Despite the Chiang Mai authorities trying to stop foreign tourists feeding pigeons at Tha Pae few are taking any notice. 

Sanook reported that most of them are Chinese. They also said there were vendors selling birdseed to them.

Deputy mayor Natchudech Wiriyadiloktham said that signage in Thai, English and Chinese was having no effect.

So it was time to get tough, reported Chiang Mai News. 

The authorities will declare the area a "khaet ramkhan" or special area of annoyance that will enable the authorities to fine people 25,000 baht or send them to jail for three months for feeding the birds. 

Natchudech hopes this will do the trick and stop the practice that is making the area a public heath hazard with droppings and airborne diseases spread by the birds.

Source: https://www.sanook.com/news/7558858/

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-30

12 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

Don't be silly. They wont do that unless they are non-Thais.  Like all these people caught working illegally.  How often do we hear of the employer getting into trouble?

The seed sellers have indeed be arrested , but others just take their place

• Like 1

I saw i TV that a country started to use drones that fly around finding pidgeon's nests.
When they found a nest they would stray the eggs with somethinge so the eggs would not hatch....

Of cause this  one would also do the trick:

6915.jpg.272c6e18c9cc529b5303cad5a1e3abe9.jpg

6916.jpg.43e2404352d05e15f30699631cc00982.jpg

P.s
The drone was presented at a Thai millitary exhebition (The gun was a toy-gun).

(Not Home made)

Edited by BEngBKK
Extension
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Thunder26 said:

What's wrong with feeding pigeons? Back home in Europe I used to do it all the time. No one harrassed me.

Because back in Europe, if the birds get sick or there are to many, they will be caught and killed.

44 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

Why not set up a pidgeon roasting stand and offer them to the Chinese at a discounted rate. There wont be a pidgeon alive for miles within a week.

10 years ago, I went to see the Hubei Jingzhou ancient city wall. 

The bus drove slowly pass farmland due to the shitty road they had at that time.

There were no birds anywhere due to an overuse of pesticides to increase crop yield. 

The old city wall was very interesting. It was more then just a simple 20 feet tall wall; 

it actually has various designs built in for the defense of a city. 

31 minutes ago, owenm said:

Why does Thailand always have over the top penalties for such trivial offences??.. 25k fine or 3 months jail for feeding bloody birds.. OMG.. 

Why aren't the RTP closing down the vendors selling the bird food, and threatening them with jail? No feed to buy, no offences committed, Problem solved.. 

What other countries in the world threaten jail time for feeding birds, grafitti, feeding fish in maritime national parks and the list goes on and on.. Scare the pesky tourists away.. 

Penalties ae harsh, because people ignore the lenient sentences .

The RTP have indeed closed down the food selling booths and arrested the sellers , its just that other sellers take their place , had you red all the thread, you would have known that because I posted the same on the previous page 

2 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

Why not set up a pidgeon roasting stand and offer them to the Chinese at a discounted rate. There wont be a pidgeon alive for miles within a week.

And the Chinese won't be the only ones lining up for some roast pidgeon, yummy. ????

• Like 1