Money in the bank 3 months or 90 days?

22 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

But are you going the Bht 400,000 in the bank route, in which case it must be there for 2 or 3 months, 1st time or renewal, or are you talking about an Income Letter from the Embassy which you should tell them that your AVERAGE income is over Bht 40,000 per month, and they should agree up to 12th December. That letter is then acceptable by Immigration for up to six months. See, I never mentioned retirement to avoid confusion.

Well being my renewal is due feb i am looking at my options because in 2019 the embassy letter will not be available for my renewal. As i said the embassy said the letter is good for 6 months but the embassy does not renew marriage extensions. I will be ok but she was clear that a 6 month old letter will not be valid. Things may change in Apr, may and July when all these letters appear. Personally i am in process of citizenship and can not take a chance with a lapse in my continuing extensions. 

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, Phuket Man said:

2 Months for every extension. That is a fact.

No it is not, unless Immigration in Phuket is different to Chiang Mai. As Sheryl said, 2 months for retirement visa, 3 months for extensions.

Good luck with your next extension if you have only seasoned the 800K for 2 months.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The 400k baht only has to be in the bank for 2 months. Go back and look for my post where I quoted the police order about it.

So 400K baht with marriage extension is 2 months, 800K baht is 3 months? I was looking for logic in this, then I remembered - TIT.

34 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

No it is not, unless Immigration in Phuket is different to Chiang Mai. As Sheryl said, 2 months for retirement visa, 3 months for extensions.

Good luck with your next extension if you have only seasoned the 800K for 2 months.

The discussion is about an extension based upon marriage to a Thai which is 400k baht in the bank for 2 months on the date of application.

You are confusing the requirement for an extension based upon retirement with it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

On my third extension based on marriage to a Thai in Samui and my lawyer said three months bank statement proving 400k to renew it. Just done last report few weeks ago and apply for new in 12-19 dec .

I have heard that about Samui since the rule was changed to 2 months several years ago. But I can recall a recent post of them now saying 2 months is allowed.

• Like 1

Just now, ubonjoe said:

I have heard that about Samui since the rule was changed to 2 months several years ago. But I can recall a recent post of them now saying 2 months is allowed.

Yeah I read about it being 2 months also but going with whatever the lawyer was told or says rather than having any problems . Although they seem to do as they please here depending on the weather !! ????