Help Me Design My Motorcycle Trip.

NCC1701A

42 minutes ago, JaiLai said:

That sounds awesome, what time of year did you do it out of interest?

How many days?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I did it in November, cool time of the year when wearing full body armor, and took about 10 days or so.  Like I said, I made a lot of stops. But met a hell of a lot of nice people along the way. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

and then 1249 down towards Fang.

wow... you would not want to lose your concentration for a second on this road. this is going on the list for sure.

better be some hotties in Fang worth dying for.  :cheesy:

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

My best trips were when I had a Plan, got lost 100 km away from home, said to my wife ram it, we go next time to the planned destinations and just continued from Tank filling to tank filling.

Once we passed a road sign saying Tigers crossing.. 

Just don't chose highways and peek here and there on the road map, but not to find a target only to know where you are and that the road goes further.

You will find still Villages where people have heard about Farangs but never have seen one. 

Honestly my best tours so far.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/31/2018 at 9:38 PM, thaiguzzi said:

Udon Bike "Week" is actually a proper 3 dayer this year instead of a normal bike week Saturday Night. Daily rides out from the city to local interesting places, then back to the city for your night time "entertainment". I believe the w/end of the 16-17-18th.

C7F50AE8-2A56-4A72-8209-B2569FAB6016.jpeg

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

wow... you would not want to lose your concentration for a second on this road. this is going on the list for sure.

I understand there have been landslides on the hill and it's being repaired, no full access. But maybe you can ride in from the South to get to the top, rather than from Fang direction.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, JulesMad said:

This is 2 day festival in Khon Kaen (E-san Music Festival Thailand ประจำปีที่7 2018) 

Hopefully very good, as I am planning to go, on a black Versys ????

image.png

image.png

Love the artwork.

Very West Coast '60s.

Very San Francisco 1968.

Kudos to whoever drew that up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Love the artwork.

Very West Coast '60s.

Very San Francisco 1968.

Kudos to whoever drew that up.

I was going to mention that as well. Not sure why, but half the Bike Week posters I've seen (probably way more than half) over the last 10 years all look like they were designed by stoned hippies from the 60's and 70's.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Yeah - they all work in the local hospital patching up motorcycle riders that aren't paying attention to the road. :crazy:

I was kind of surprised at the lack of traffic on the hill in that (first) video. 

I recall riding to Chiang Mai in 2012 and we took a route through the mountains (highway 11 maybe) and there was a lot of construction going on. The traffic was thick both ways resulting in a lot of slow riding on steep roads that were in various states of repair (or disrepair). Dropped the bike once when I was following a car and a pick-up over a stretch of loose, wet dirt and for some reason the lead vehicle suddenly stopped (for no reason I could see) and of course the car behind him hit the brakes and I had to as well. Naturally the front tire immediately locked and twisted (had my feet down to try and steady myself in the loose dirt or I would have used the foot brake instead). Good things we were going slow.
(Came back over that same stretch on my way back from Chiang Mai last December and it seems fine the whole way now, or then.)

And every time I go up (or down) the mountain on highway 304 heading to (or from) Korat, it always seems to be under construction (on the southern end of the road) and there always seems to be 4 lanes of traffic trying to get through 2 lanes of road and most of the traffic is big trucks going 2-3 kms/hr (or less it seems). 

• Thanks 1

A post has been removed, sorry about that:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not Thaivisa.com
In rare cases, forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.

On 11/1/2018 at 12:18 PM, Kerryd said:

In the Chiang Rai region you can also do the Mae Hong Son loop. Should be fun on a smaller bike like yours. 600 some odd kms and only 1,860+ curves ! 

https://wikitravel.org/en/Mae_Hong_Son_Loop

I am behind "schedule" leaving but I am almost out the door.

Of course this whole trip might get derailed if I hook up again with this beautiful woman I met in Surin last trip.:clap2: She would put me over budget and behind schedule by at least a week. :cheesy:

Here is google maps of the loop. I think this will be in the last week.

big loop.JPG

• Like 1

yes, get on motorbike in bangkok

join traffic stream, enter suburbs of bangkok get run over and killed 

This is a topic about a motorbike road trip, not about riding around Bangkok . Why not start your own topic about motorbike riding in Bangkok.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Search internet Chiang Mai motorcycle tours. You see a company 

the rent motos and for your interest several suggested tours. Went

on 5 day trip with my son. Great places to see get off the highway 

and stop at villages etc.

If you have trouble finding the information let me know will send

you their website address 

• Thanks 1

Search internet Chiang Mai motorcycle tours. You see a company 
the rent motos and for your interest several suggested tours. Went
on 5 day trip with my son. Great places to see get off the highway 
and stop at villages etc.

If you have trouble finding the information let me know will send
you their website address 

Was this with the English guy, Miles Nadin?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app