Changing from Retired to spouse long stay in Chonburi

On 11/1/2018 at 6:30 AM, JackThompson said:

got stuck with more and more "landlord docs" until it was impossible, and rude to my wife too boot. 

My landlord lives in China and the agent has left for home in up country. It has been one week and no TM 30 is filed yet. Should I worry? 

10 hours ago, onera1961 said:

My landlord lives in China and the agent has left for home in up country. It has been one week and no TM 30 is filed yet. Should I worry? 

If dealing with Jomtien, you have 3 days after moving or entering the country to file the TM-30 before a fine becomes the likely outcome. The law is 24 hours - but I think they went to 3-days to get around the "closed on weekends" factor (though now open Sat-mornings, I read, for some services).

Maybe you can get the property-agent to pay it - but, you will not get service at many desks in that office without a current TM-30 receipt in your passport and fine paid (if a late-filing) by someone (usually "you").

Some reports have indicated the retirement-desk doesn't look for this receipt - not sure if that is current, though.  Non-O-Married definitely do, as a starting point, but then add on their own separate set of overlapping but more extensive "where you live" / "landlord doc" (if you rent) requirements.

Edited by JackThompson

29 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Maybe you can get the property-agent to pay it - but, you will not get service at many desks in that office without a current TM-30 receipt in your passport and fine paid (if a late-filing) by someone (usually "you").

I messaged the agent last night and she said she is in Pattaya now and will file it today. How much is this TM 30 fine? And does it have to be filled each time I return to the same condo from a trip abroad? If so, is the fine cumulative or one time? I intend to keep the condo for at least the next 15/18 months (I am on an O-A visa now) though I may go out of the country a few times.

Edited by onera1961