Family questioned over -fake ?- sex doc

geovalin

Phnom Penh Anti-Trafficking Police yesterday questioned a mother and her daughter who appeared in a documentary titled ‘My mother sold me’ after the news video went viral, causing an uproar. The video, produced by Russia Today Documentary, detailed how young Cambodian girls were sold for sex to feed their impoverished families. It has gone viral since October 22 and caused heated debate among social media users.

Colonel Keo Thea, chief of the Phnom Penh anti-trafficking police, said that during the questioning, Kav Malay and her daughter Kheing Sreymich confessed they were paid to act in the film. “Both the mother and her daughter confessed they received $200 for acting in the film. It’s not what happened to them in their real life,” Col Thea said. “We are still questioning them. So I cannot give you further information because we need to find out who was involved in this case.”

Chou Bun Eng, chairwoman of the National Authority for Anti-Human Trafficking, said the film ruined the Kingdom’s reputation. “We are wondering how much money they received for acting. How could they sell off their own reputation? This matter is affecting the country’s name,” Ms Bun Eng said.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50546093/family-questioned-over-sex-doc/

khmer_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khmer Times 01/11

5 hours ago, poanoi said:

just change the title to 'mum & i scam anything that gets in our way'

yeah, met plenty of girls that started when they were 12, they would rather smoke ice and scam then work, the scams are all the same and seem to rely on khmer men having low intellegence

It seems lots of film makers want to make a film and they know already exactly what they want to show.

Maybe they talk to 10 people and one of them fits the story. And if not then they pay someone to play the role.

Sex, political protest, restaurant "reviews", whatever.

The problem is that too many people believe whatever they see. And believing is obviously so much easier if they see what they had anyhow in mind.

In a perfect world such one sided or factually wrong filming wouldn't happen. But we can see it all over the world so I don't have any hope that will change anytime soon.

• Like 1

Almost everything made and broadcast on the western media has been made with an agenda.

Often an anti-white-hetero-male agenda, sometimes just anti-male.

I see it as Multicultural Globalist Feminism in action.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

While it is entirely possible that they were paid for the interviews and were not truthful, it is also possible that they told the truth. It is also possible that the police/government put pressure on them to change their story.  Doubtful the truth will ever be know but I sure would never take sides on who is telling the truth and who is lying in a country where corruption in government and politics is endemic.