First-Timer From Surat Thani Wins Miss Teen Thailand

webfact

First-Timer From Surat Thani Wins Miss Teen Thailand

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

45057805_2348841331811445_62298826144051

Wanrada “Effy” Petchamnan is crowned Miss Teen Thailand 2018 on Wednesday night. Photo: Miss Teen Thailand / Facebook

BANGKOK — A Matthayom 4 student snagged the Miss Teen Thailand 2018 crown on her first try.

Wanrada “Effy” Petchamnan, 16, was crowned Miss Teen Thailand 2018 Wednesday night at BCC Hall in Central Ladprao.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2018/11/01/first-timer-from-surat-thani-wins-miss-teen-thailand/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-11-01

40 minutes ago, Sir Dude said:

All these sort of "competitions" here are likely fixed in some way or another (would be interesting to know who her parents are even if to just disprove my cynicism). Also, things like beauty are subjective and she may have appealed to the Thai judges in a certain way but she appears fairly average to me. However, I'm sure it's a moment for her to remember and good luck to her.

You are right. My mate used to do the tv work for these events, all results are pre-decided.

For the less cynical view, the winner is under contract to do a lot of media work during their term as winner. This is worth a lot of money to the organiser. The organiser needs someone reliable and manageable to get a return on their investment. Throwing tantrums, doing drugs or simply not turning up to events will result in customers withholding payment.

Edited by Briggsy
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 11/1/2018 at 12:26 PM, SammyT said:

I'm just sitting here waiting for the bitter old expats among us to come in and find some reason to hack her down...

Congratulations to the young lady.

I am not reading anymore just in case, beautiful young lady, congratulations I hope it is a benefit to your future. 

• Like 1

On 11/1/2018 at 11:26 AM, SammyT said:

I'm just sitting here waiting for the bitter old expats among us to come in and find some reason to hack her down

She's not all that attractive.

No need to be bitter, just need normal eyesight.

I see 10 girls prettier than her walking in the road every time I go to my local 7-11.

Tony125's photo is more like an attractive woman IMHO.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1