Pre-Paid debit card

KTB Cash Card?

It is a pre paid card which you can use to pay highway toll and get cash, not sure about online purchases and do you need to open a bank account. Worth exploring...

https://www.ktb.co.th/en/personal/cards/cash-card-top-up-card

I suggest you make a trip to a KTB branch, also ask about thier e-money gift card and Travel cash card. Good luck.

Edited by Thailand J

28 minutes ago, Thailand J said:

KTB Cash Card?

It is a pre paid card which you can use to pay highway toll and get cash, not sure about online purchases and do you need to open a bank account. Worth exploring...

https://www.ktb.co.th/en/personal/cards/cash-card-top-up-card

I suggest you make a trip to a KTB branch, also ask about thier e-money gift card and Travel cash card. Good luck.

Ok, I'll check into that. Thanks.

32 minutes ago, MasterHongThong said:

Ok, I'll check into that. Thanks.

KTB Cash card, e-money card or Travel cash card...Please come back to tell us anyone works online if you "check into them". Often people ask a question here and abducted by aliens.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MasterHongThong said:

The one I purchased from Walmart can only be used in the U.S..

OK. I have a pre pay card from a finance company in the UK, it's a Mastercard, and I can load it online from anywhere and use it in any shop, bank and ATM that shows the Mastercard logo. I also had a similar card (again Mastercard) which was issued by one of the major Travel agents. This one was actually designed to be used abroad while you were on holiday. Again, can be loaded online.

Maybe Walmart think the USA is that big you don't need to go abroad  ????

55 minutes ago, sumrit said:

OK. I have a pre pay card from a finance company in the UK, it's a Mastercard, and I can load it online from anywhere and use it in any shop, bank and ATM that shows the Mastercard logo. I also had a similar card (again Mastercard) which was issued by one of the major Travel agents. This one was actually designed to be used abroad while you were on holiday. Again, can be loaded online.

Maybe Walmart think the USA is that big you don't need to go abroad  ????

most Americans have credit cards. In US prepaid are  for lower income groups, or for store brand cards with restrictions.

Edited by Thailand J

14 hours ago, Thailand J said:

most Americans have credit cards. In US prepaid are  for lower income groups, or for store brand cards with restrictions.

I also have credit cards but was scammed a few years ago when I paid for internet monthly from Tesco in the UK and they continued to debit my account for several months after I'd finished with their service. They did eventually give me the money back but it took two years The pre-paid cards allow similar security to credit cards and cover the requirements when buying online but because you only need to load when using it there's much less chance of being conned. I tend to use mine for online purchases with unknown companies I haven't dealt with before.