8 pro-election protest leaders indicted

snoop1130

8 pro-election protest leaders indicted

By Pravit Rojanaphruk, Senior Staff Writer

ศาลอาญากรุงเทพใต้_๑๘๑๑๐๑_0016-696x464.jpg

The eight activist leaders imitate a viral anti-junta rap song My Country's Got at the court today.

BANGKOK — Eight pro-democracy protest leaders were indicted Thursday for sedition at the South Bangkok Criminal Court.

They are also accused of violating of the junta’s ban on political gatherings and the Public Assembly Act for a series of rallies earlier this year calling for speedy elections. The defendants were released without having to post any bail.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2018/11/01/8-pro-election-leaders-indicted/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-11-1

21 hours ago, mark131v said:

Is there anybody surprised that the little men in green are getting scared again?

Looks like democracy thai style is on the agenda and anybody who doesn't agree is due a bit of attitude adjustment....

So, campaigning for an early election is now classed as "SEDITION".  I just hope that when the rest of the world reacts to this farce of an election as proposed, they take into account all the ridiculous, unfair, and totally biased events and laws in the Junta's favour, preceding it.

• Like 2

When haven't activists/writers/scholars/etc been stifled or reprimanded? 

Nothing terribly revealing or new.

Though, many consider these activities of a recent state, therefore novel. 

Very few are paying attention.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

So, campaigning for an early election is now classed as "SEDITION".  I just hope that when the rest of the world reacts to this farce of an election as proposed, they take into account all the ridiculous, unfair, and totally biased events and laws in the Junta's favour, preceding it.

Alas, the rest of the world isn't going to do jack. All that is cared about is how to capitalise on the situation, such are the woeful times we live in.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

When haven't activists/writers/scholars/etc been stifled or reprimanded? 

Nothing terribly revealing or new.

Though, many consider these activities of a recent state, therefore novel. 

Very few are paying attention.

Not even to Nuttaa ?  I like her.  Think she is great and great for Thailand

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

8 pro-election protesters charged with "sedition"...meanwhile in other news, a grinning Suthep casually keeps side-stepping any laws on anything whilst peddling lies on a grand scale and somehow unbelievable doesn't get called out on any "untruths."  

Almost protected, as Suthep is nearly looked upon as an honourary member of the good old boys club, yet on the surfaced portrays himself as the righteous anti-establishment type. 

A charlatan and definitive poster boy as to the Thai political circus.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2018 at 9:32 PM, Retiredandhappyhere said:

You actually believe the "rest of the world" gives a shi+ about T.land and elections here? 

They are all so obsessed with filling their own pockets, they couldn't give a rat's @rse what happens here (or any where else for that matter). 

Keep the money rolling...!!! 

• Like 2

On 11/2/2018 at 7:32 AM, Retiredandhappyhere said:

Bit of a naive statement bordering on innocence.

Must not really understand how the world works.