Entering Thailand On a Business Visa (Soon to also have Work Permit) on a one way ticket?

Hi

I have my flights booked one way, and I have my application for a Non B Visa about to be posted off. Basically, I will be coming back to work, will apply for my Work Permit alongside my B Visa ASAP once arrived. I have also done this before...i.e. travelled one way to Thailand with no onward movement booked but thus on a B Visa and had work pemit a week later, no reason to book onward travel when I am coming to work full time and this time around maybe even buy shares in the company making me shareholder aswell as working full time.

This Bog Joke guy seems to be doing all he can to make life hard for many farangs, and fair enough the people who arnt contributing but he is being a bully in my eyes, Thailand owes alot to foreigners and we mostly show alot of love to Thailand, I have money in bank, will have money in cash, i have my invitation for work from empoyer and company documents, am i missing anything?? I can remember it was years ago i did it kast and the secretary did it al for me anyway.

Any help Gratefully appreciated

Regards

Monnington

Dependent upon where you apply for the non-b visa at you may need a WP3 work permit application receipt or a work permit application approval letter from the Labor Ministry apply for it. Many embassies and consulates now require it.

1 hour ago, stupidfarang said:

Why not get a return ticket for one years time? Saves any problem at the airport and is not much more in cost. Problem solved.

With a B-visa a return ticket is not required.

2 hours ago, monnington said:

This Bog Joke guy seems to be doing all he can to make life hard for many farangs, and fair enough the people who arnt contributing but he is being a bully in my eyes,

No he’s not!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I held a work permit for I held a work permit for 14 years until I recently retired and I can honestly say every year it got more difficult when I went to renew it they wanted more paperwork they threw wrenches into the works.  they want to duplicate sets of forms they wanted documents they didn't want previous years I'm happily retired now and not having to go through the mess anymore.

You need to have a WP3 or work permit already to get a Non B visa once you get a Non B you do not need A return ticket. The airline at your departing country could ask to see your visa if there is only a one way ticket.

You have lost me regarding wanting to buy shares in the company . Even if you own 49 percent of the shares it means nothing! If the embassy may also want a list of Thai employees. 

Entering Thai they don’t give two cents of what you own! 

Edited by ArickChaiyaphum

On 11/2/2018 at 11:27 AM, ArickChaiyaphum said:

You need to have a WP3 or work permit already to get a Non B visa once you get a Non B you do not need A return ticket. The airline at your departing country could ask to see your visa if there is only a one way ticket.

You have lost me regarding wanting to buy shares in the company . Even if you own 49 percent of the shares it means nothing! If the embassy may also want a list of Thai employees. 

Entering Thai they don’t give two cents of what you own! 

something has changed since 3 years ago then because i worked for 3 onths on a B visa, never had a work permit and immigration came to the office they said i was here for 2 months temporary contract and they were fine. so you saying people who come to do a few weeks work need work permits etc, that doesnt make sense. in my case yes i am staying, i called the UK Thai consulate they told me apply Work permit after B visa when i get there. so what am i supposed to do? i think im gonna change flight to be safe. and i HATE keyboeard warriors that guy above me on about thais dont give a sht about ur shares, i was simply giving as much info as possible!! there is always one who acts a div

10 minutes ago, monnington said:

something has changed since 3 years ago then because i worked for 3 onths on a B visa, never had a work permit and immigration came to the office they said i was here for 2 months temporary contract and they were fine. so you saying people who come to do a few weeks work need work permits etc, that doesnt make sense. in my case yes i am staying, i called the UK Thai consulate they told me apply Work permit after B visa when i get there. so what am i supposed to do? i think im gonna change flight to be safe. and i HATE keyboeard warriors that guy above me on about thais dont give a sht about ur shares, i was simply giving as much info as possible!! there is always one who acts a div

by the way ive flown to thailand 3 times one way, before on Non O, non O, and Non B. All 1 way and never a problem. since 2010 - 2017

i spoke to them a few weeks ago in London, no mention of anything like WP3 just want company documents, invite letter about job, photos, and application form. she JUST told me that so whats an WP3?? dont give me info if its wrong im not being nasty i do appreciate it but why u say cant get a B visa without WP3 when in singapore 3 years ago it was no issue at all

Edited by monnington

by the way ive flown to thailand 3 times one way, before on Non O, non O, and Non B. All 1 way and never a problem. since 2010 - 2017

i spoke to them a few weeks ago in London, no mention of anything like WP3 just want company documents, invite letter about job, photos, and application form. she JUST told me that so whats an WP3?? dont give me info if its wrong im not being nasty i do appreciate it but why u say cant get a B visa without WP3 when in singapore 3 years ago it was no issue at all

5 minutes ago, monnington said:

i spoke to them a few hours ago in London, no mention of anything like WP3 just want company documents, invite letter about job, photos, and application form. she JUST told me that so whats an WP3?? dont give me info if its wrong im not being nasty i do appreciate it but why u say cant get a B visa without WP3 when in singapore 3 years ago it was no issue at all

This is shown on their website. http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html#2

"Remarks:

For those foreigners who wish to work in Thailand, their employer in Thailand should submit Form WP3 (Application for applying a work permit on behalf of alien) at the Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare."

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

This is shown on their website. http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html#2

"Remarks:

For those foreigners who wish to work in Thailand, their employer in Thailand should submit Form WP3 (Application for applying a work permit on behalf of alien) at the Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare."

thankyou so much this is very helpful. like i said my old employer did it all so i didnt know this. thanks i will call them now. cheers pal