730 more foreigners rounded up in nationwide “X-Ray Outlaw Foreigner” crackdowns

webfact

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Polaky said:

Isn't he in strife then and not you?, same with hotels,  they are suppose to notify immigration and if they don't do you get booted and fined?, too many questions and no answers, i guess you find out once they nab you, then it's too late,  would be great if they could make a handbook on the rules and regs "idiots guide to rules and regs in Thailand"  now there is an idea for a budding novelist!, would probably have to make a new volume each year. 

Nope 

Farang pays , no problem , he rich !

2 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Personally, I'm not the least bit worried myself, nor am I the least bit fussed that Thailand appears to actually be making an effort to keep the "foreigner" situation under control.

If Thailand wants to get a grip on things and crack down on those who aren't following their rules - good for them. Unlike some places where they suddenly pretend that laws are just "guidelines" that can be ignored (until it becomes an election issue of course).

Like a certain Western country that acknowledges that thousands of "illegal immigrants" are pouring across it's borders and instead of arresting and deporting them, puts them up in hotels, feeds them, gives them money for clothes and whatever, and even pays for lawyers so they can sue the same country they just illegally entered (all paid for by the taxpayers of course) !
Apparently the term "illegal" depends on if the current government feels the need to seed people into certain ridings to try and "fix" the vote. (Especially as the same government thinks that people shouldn't have to have photo ID to prove who they are when they vote so you don't even know if they are actually even citizens of the country !)

And I'm not talking about America either ! 

Oh do get a grip !

There are 2.3 million REGISTERED migrant workers in Thailand and God Knows how many unregistered ones.

Yet you applaud the harrasment of a few overstayers lol.

Try putting your bigotry to one side and attempt to comprehend the real picture.

1 hour ago, Briggsy said:

Keep your head down, pumpjack. The Thai visas, residency and work permits sub-forum is rooting for you. It's only 4 days. You can make it.

Avoid the 238 areas around the country targetted by Operation "X-Ray Outlaw Foreigner".

Keep the faith and have your fine money ready. Watch out for anyone called Joke.

Big Joke's men read this ... they will be watching out for you at the airport ... please update us if/when you get on the plane or tell us what IDC is really like

54 minutes ago, Polaky said:

Isn't he in strife then and not you?, same with hotels,  they are suppose to notify immigration and if they don't do you get booted and fined?, too many questions and no answers, i guess you find out once they nab you, then it's too late,  would be great if they could make a handbook on the rules and regs "idiots guide to rules and regs in Thailand"  now there is an idea for a budding novelist!, would probably have to make a new volume each year. 

A good title for the book would be the mantra of all immigration officers throughout Thailand .......

"New Rule, New Rule."

6 hours ago, pumpjack said:

oh sh*t  !!!!!

im on overstay since 24th october.......flight booked to go home on 6th november.

i have been sick with lung infection.

think ill have a problem at airport ?

Not if you pay the fine.

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I keep waiting for the Immigration raiders to start rooting out all the scofflaw Canadians here... (just jokin' guys... :biggrin:)

2054160690_2018-11-0216_24_00.jpg.d101bd5a4dff4670d8527ac3a4605069.jpg

You kind of get the feeling that math, generally speaking, isn't a real strong suit here.

1023879115_2010ReportonForeignPopulationinThailand.jpg.b560e6112f4ada26c600e721c72b7c75.jpg

10 million tourists between January and August kinda blows TAT's 36 million projection for the year into the middle of the universe.

1 hour ago, joecoolfrog said:

Oh do get a grip !

There are 2.3 million REGISTERED migrant workers in Thailand and God Knows how many unregistered ones.

Yet you applaud the harrasment of a few overstayers lol.

Try putting your bigotry to one side and attempt to comprehend the real picture.

"Joecoolfrog" - what is the point of having a 'bigot in residence" if we don't let him make fantastic mouth frothing claims from time to time?

2 hours ago, DrTuner said:

I reckon the norther border looks like a jump rope with the Chinese. BJ comes, they jump to the other side, he goes, back again. Ironically they had the answer: build a great wall with moats, tar and archers on the top. Maybe test it out in Chiang Mai first, they got the base done already. Ready..aim..

No, some Scouser will only graffiti it .

7 hours ago, pumpjack said:

oh sh*t  !!!!!

im on overstay since 24th october.......flight booked to go home on 6th november.

No, Just get a doctors letter to say you were too sick to go to immigration or to travel safely.  Airlines do not want sick people on a plane in case of an emergency landing which would cost a fortune.

8 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Well, well, well! Two days ago Big Joke told us he had nabbed 99,500 and there were only 500 left nationwide. Yet the official stats of 4,231 seem to be somewhat short of his figure, plus how did they get 730, when there were only supposedly 500 left across the whole country? Surely Big Joke hasn't been exaggerating, or dare I say it, lying to us?

"or dare I say it, lying to us?" Well he is a politician, isn't he? Oh! wait. he's a Major/General.:cheesy:

8 hours ago, pumpjack said:

oh sh*t  !!!!!

Medical certificate, maybe ? Should help. In any case  prepare the cash for the overstay. Check with immigration hotline.

Good job Big Joke. Kick out those that are illegal and protect your border. And make sure expats that live here can afford to pay for their retirement at a certain minimum amount. I think that is great and what every country wants from tourists, Expat residents, and foreign workers.  Why should Thailand be any different?

38 minutes ago, torsten brack said:

I am still a little bit confused about the arrest reasons not living at the registered address and not filing the 90 days report. I was under the impression that it is just a 2000 baht fine?

Ditto on that. Those kinds of things in the past, AFAIK, rarely led to anyone being "arrested." Just fined.

Unfortunately, from all these Immigration raids news stories, it's never really make clear what ultimately happens to all those folks, particularly those nabbed for heretofore minor offenses, like late 90-day reporting. Is Immigration really deporting people for failing to do 90-day reports?

I am still a little bit confused about the arrest reasons not living at the registered address and not filing the 90 days report. I was under the impression that it is just a 2000 baht fine?
I would think there's a fair bit of journalistic license in the reporting. I very much doubt anyone was actually detained for not doing 90 day reporting. It's just good publicity.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

10 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Well, well, well! Two days ago Big Joke told us he had nabbed 99,500 and there were only 500 left nationwide. Yet the official stats of 4,231 seem to be somewhat short of his figure, plus how did they get 730, when there were only supposedly 500 left across the whole country? Surely Big Joke hasn't been exaggerating, or dare I say it, lying to us?

Or  maybe  consider  the possibility  that media report  versus statement are rorted  for various  reason?

Or even to  consider the  numbers are related to already identified individuals. 

Despite prolific derisional comment it  cannot  be denied  this  person is having  an impact  on  both sides  of  the fence!

Who will have the last laugh?

10 hours ago, darksidedog said:

trying to distract thai's from the reality of why their country is advancing backwards

2 hours ago, torsten brack said:

Really ? It’s meant to be a fine of 2,000 for not staying in the same address as registered at the immigration ? That would mean I’ve dodged around 12,000 baht in fines over the past 14 days.

I’ve probably stayed at my registered address for about 12 to 15 days over the past year, why have I not been arrested yet ?

11 hours ago, darksidedog said:

That was EXACTLY my first though on seeing the headline.   

He was so good when he was just a worker.  Now he is a boss...................

Like in Ireland when a light aircraft crashed into a cemetery.  "Latest news is that authorities have recovered over 300 bodies and are still digging for more."

Archived