730 more foreigners rounded up in nationwide “X-Ray Outlaw Foreigner” crackdowns

webfact

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Well, well, well! Two days ago Big Joke told us he had nabbed 99,500 and there were only 500 left nationwide. Yet the official stats of 4,231 seem to be somewhat short of his figure, plus how did they get 730, when there were only supposedly 500 left across the whole country? Surely Big Joke hasn't been exaggerating, or dare I say it, lying to us?

Did he not quote 500 overstayers?!

Personally, I'm not the least bit worried myself, nor am I the least bit fussed that Thailand appears to actually be making an effort to keep the "foreigner" situation under control.

If Thailand wants to get a grip on things and crack down on those who aren't following their rules - good for them. Unlike some places where they suddenly pretend that laws are just "guidelines" that can be ignored (until it becomes an election issue of course).

Like a certain Western country that acknowledges that thousands of "illegal immigrants" are pouring across it's borders and instead of arresting and deporting them, puts them up in hotels, feeds them, gives them money for clothes and whatever, and even pays for lawyers so they can sue the same country they just illegally entered (all paid for by the taxpayers of course) !
Apparently the term "illegal" depends on if the current government feels the need to seed people into certain ridings to try and "fix" the vote. (Especially as the same government thinks that people shouldn't have to have photo ID to prove who they are when they vote so you don't even know if they are actually even citizens of the country !)

And I'm not talking about America either ! 

4 hours ago, pumpjack said:

oh sh*t  !!!!!

im on overstay since 24th october.......flight booked to go home on 6th november.

i have been sick with lung infection.

think ill have a problem at airport ?

Keep your head down, pumpjack. The Thai visas, residency and work permits sub-forum is rooting for you. It's only 4 days. You can make it.

Avoid the 238 areas around the country targetted by Operation "X-Ray Outlaw Foreigner".

Keep the faith and have your fine money ready. Watch out for anyone called Joke.

5 minutes ago, upu2 said:

I have never read where missing a 90 day report was a crime, can someone throw some light on this?

You need Thai logic for this.

There's a fine for failing to report every 90 days, so it must therefore be a crime.

The police just make it up as they go along.

The students who sat reading 1984 in public to show their disapproval of the 'government': some were eating a snack while doing so - they were charged with 'eating a sandwich with political intent'

You couldn't make it up - oops, the police do.

Just now, bluesofa said:

You need Thai logic for this.

There's a fine for failing to report every 90 days, so it must therefore be a crime.

The police just make it up as they go along.

The students who sat reading 1984 in public to show their disapproval of the 'government': some were eating a snack while doing so - they were charged with 'eating a sandwich with political intent'

You couldn't make it up - oops, the police do.

There is a fine I know but it seems to have gone way overboard. Eating sandwiches obviously has political intent..........yeh right but I see what you are getting at and yes it is getting silly

7 minutes ago, simtemple said:

Now they will have time to round up all the African and Russian holiday hookers. 

I get the impression that might take some time. Immigration will probably have to arrange sting operations for each 'hooker', to ensure that is what they're doing, and how much they charge too.

1 hour ago, OmarZaid said:

They are clearing the land of foreign riff-raff --- that is abundantly clear ....

the question is why?

Why? The answer is simple: because xenophobia & populism are key to stay in power, key to have a high approval rate of the public.

So they just apply the proven method, like elsewhere in the world these days (you know the list, Trump, Erdogan, Duterte, now Bolsonaro).

It works!

1 hour ago, Kerryd said:

Like a certain Western country that acknowledges that thousands of "illegal immigrants" are pouring across it's borders and instead of arresting and deporting them, puts them up in hotels, feeds them, gives them money for clothes and whatever, and even pays for lawyers so they can sue the same country they just illegally entered (all paid for by the taxpayers of course)

Off topic BS that is. You tell me which Western country is putting illegal immigrants in hotels, "gives them money for whatever" etc.  It's a myth, a lie.

In reality, life of refugees is harsh, as is the treatment they get. I know your fantasy is different but I bet you haven't been anywhere near a center where refugees are "kept", you should go take a look and see the reality.

The day you flee for your life, lets hope it never happends, you will be thankfull that some people are trying to accomodate you.

It is exactly your type of xenophobe talk based on lies and half thruths that fuels this kind of anti forgeigner sentiment. If you stay in Thailand you will be on the receiving end, so you can experience it yourself.

Meanwhile ..................

Pinyuda met the South Korean Immigration Office chief on Thursday.

During the meeting, she was informed that up to September, there are 192,163 Thais living in South Korea and up to 128,520 of them were overstaying their visa.

Kettle .......... Pot .......... Black.

5 hours ago, Darcula said:

At this rate they need to start importing more foreigners from China to deport.

I reckon the norther border looks like a jump rope with the Chinese. BJ comes, they jump to the other side, he goes, back again. Ironically they had the answer: build a great wall with moats, tar and archers on the top. Maybe test it out in Chiang Mai first, they got the base done already. Ready..aim..

4 minutes ago, thequietman said:

During the meeting, she was informed that up to September, there are 192,163 Thais living in South Korea and up to 128,520 of them were overstaying their visa.

Maybe this Operation X-ray is all just a face-saving exercise to deflect from the impending Korean operation?

5 hours ago, pumpjack said:

oh sh*t  !!!!!

im on overstay since 24th october.......flight booked to go home on 6th november.

i have been sick with lung infection.

think ill have a problem at airport ?

No you shouldn't but I'm surprised you haven't left since you posted your predicament before. I'm sure you have heard what dump IDP is. As Briggsy said keep your head down until you fly.

Take out those that are cheating the system, arrest the criminals (foreign and domestic), safeguard the country, it's all good.  But, leave those that are following the rules and doing exactly as required alone.   

16 minutes ago, thequietman said:

This is only Korea.  Imagine how many Thais don't want to live in their own country.

3 hours ago, new101 said:

This is worrying - what happens if your landlord fails to do the tm30?

Isn't he in strife then and not you?, same with hotels,  they are suppose to notify immigration and if they don't do you get booted and fined?, too many questions and no answers, i guess you find out once they nab you, then it's too late,  would be great if they could make a handbook on the rules and regs "idiots guide to rules and regs in Thailand"  now there is an idea for a budding novelist!, would probably have to make a new volume each year. 

Archived