12 of 200 stray dogs rounded up at Banglamung Hospital

Rimmer

1 hour ago, TumblinDice said:

You could say that about a lot of people "they cause many road accidents,attack people and children,spread disease and shit everywhere.there is absolutely no control of these animals". So why don't we send them to the chopping block while we're at it. 

Start with the dogs and owners first.lets stick with the program.

On 11/2/2018 at 5:19 PM, natway09 said:

johng,,,,, And where did you ever see Thais eating cockroaches ? Methinks you exaggerate

It was 2011 in Nan, at a market. an old lady had a bucket full of them. Alive. and she killed a few. so someone must have been buying & eating them... 

On 11/2/2018 at 6:53 AM, johng said:

Ridiculous !!!    capture any/all dogs out on the street without its owner,hold for a month, if their (not) owners come to claim them..then fine the owners for letting the dog roam and make them pay for mandatory ID chip,vaccinations and neutering before being released.

If after a month not claimed then humanely dispatch to the next ( better ? ) life.

Make it 10 days and you have a deal................

On 11/2/2018 at 2:26 PM, dorayme said:

If you stop people (do gooders) from feeding the strays they will move on. The dogs are there because they are being fed.

Pick up any food left out. Fine anyone leaving food.

If the do gooders feel sorry for the dogs adopt them, take them home and give them a home.

As long as they don't take 20 of them and move next door to me.

On 11/2/2018 at 2:37 PM, balo said:

Thai's don't want to kill animals , not even the wounded ones.

In Vietnam they would not be around for a long time. 

No shortage of poachers, butchers or meat-eaters in Thailand.

I feel the reluctance to deal with soi dogs by both authorities and the populace is the promulgation of a social more related to a book published around 20 years ago.

On 11/3/2018 at 2:41 AM, TumblinDice said:

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

Not true.  I used to argue this point with students in China and usually they tended to agree when they heard my take on what Lao Tzu said was incorrect.  In fact, no journey begins with the first step but with the first thought of that journey.  The quotation should be "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step" - Lao Tzu.  The mile was not used but the quote has been updated to fit modern times.  The meaning behind the actual saying is that regardless of the length of a journey or the difficulty or length of a task it always begins with the first judicious effort.

'nuf sed

Edited by wotsdermatter

On 11/4/2018 at 12:22 PM, Briggsy said:

I feel the reluctance to deal with soi dogs by both authorities and the populace is the promulgation of a social more related to a book published around 20 years ago.

If you're referring to Collin Piprell's book, it's well worth a read. 

• Confused 1