Visa on arrival refused

Hello everyone, can someone please help me with my problem..

I was travelling to thailand by land border from cambodia but i was denied saying that as i am traveling for forst time , i need to enter via air, but they put the blue remark / stamp on my passport which i think says thqt i dont have money .. the visa officer was very rude as if he alreasy had decided to reject my entry on what so ever bases. Now my querry is that i am applyuing for australian permanent residency.. but i dont want to mention this incidence.. if i get a new passport and skip this detail , will it create a problem?? Do thailand stores and shares this information with other contries?? I am realy worried as someone said that it can affect my australian PR.. 

Please help..

20181104_153804.jpg

You were denied entry under section 12 clause 2 of the immigration act.

"2. Having no appropriate means of living following entrance into the Kingdom."

Did they ask you to show 10k baht in cash when you applied for the visa on arrival?

Thailand would not share that info with another country.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You were denied entry under section 12 clause 2 of the immigration act.

"2. Having no appropriate means of living following entrance into the Kingdom."

Did they ask you to show 10k baht in cash when you applied for the visa on arrival?

Thailand would not share that info with another country.

And do you have idea if such information can be taken by my passport number, i mean if it has been added to my passport number, when they scan the passport do such things become visible..? Sorry if the question seems stupid, but i am not a frequent traveller so dnt have much knowledge about how these things work..

1 minute ago, Indianguy said:

And do you have idea if such information can be taken by my passport number, i mean if it has been added to my passport number, when they scan the passport do such things become visible..?

I am not sure they always record a denial of entry in their database. If it was only Thai immigration would know about it.

24 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Their reason for denying you entry was a complete and utter lie.

Yes it was, i was with a group of euro frnds and a couple from america, all traveling for first time, but it was only me who was asked to come to another line and talk to that guy.. but couldnt do anything at that point., as he was very rude and least intersted to even hear what i am saying.. what worries me now is should i mention it or not..

Yes you should mention it. A friend faced a similar situation a few years back and was warned by an immigration agent not to lie. It's a lifetime ban from Australia if you are caught.

But the good news is it will not stop you getting an Australian visa. My friend got theirs without problem.

Australia's immigration system is an impartial rules-based system that isn't affected by staff having 'bad hair' days.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Indianguy said:

Yes it was, i was with a group of euro frnds and a couple from america, all traveling for first time, but it was only me who was asked to come to another line and talk to that guy.. but couldnt do anything at that point., as he was very rude and least intersted to even hear what i am saying.. what worries me now is should i mention it or not..

They are <deleted> racists, and those officers at Thai/Cambodian borders are the worst (at both sides btw).

I once came with a tourist visa but my car overstayed and I lost the paper from customs, actually I think I didn't lose it but one of those immigration officers must have forgotten to return it to me at some point during entry because I honestly couldn't find it anywhere.

Then this Thai immigration guy starts yelling at me in Thai to which I reply, Mai Kao Chai (which means "I don't understand").

Then he says YOU TWO EDUCATION VISA, WHY YOU NOT SPEAK THAI???

I say: "Because I'm bloody stupid, that's why!!!"

He says: Hmm, okay I let you in this time, but next time if not speak Thai you not get in.

I smile at him and say 'thank you, let's see about next time' ????

They didn't even ask for money or to show money, but then again, I'm white.

53 minutes ago, jackdd said:

The picture which you posted is from July, now it's November?

Yes i was there in july, but never thought that i would face such issue, and recently i got invite from oz to apply for permanent visa so just realized how bad decision it was to visit thailand..

55 minutes ago, dennis123 said:

They are <deleted> racists, and those officers at Thai/Cambodian borders are the worst (at both sides btw).

I once came with a tourist visa but my car overstayed and I lost the paper from customs, actually I think I didn't lose it but one of those immigration officers must have forgotten to return it to me at some point during entry because I honestly couldn't find it anywhere.

Then this Thai immigration guy starts yelling at me in Thai to which I reply, Mai Kao Chai (which means "I don't understand").

He says: Hmm, okay I let you in this time, but next time if not speak Thai you not get in.

I smile at him and say 'thank you, let's see about next time' ????

Yes, it was an act of sheer racism and it was quite embarrassing at that time when everyone was looking at me as if i am carrying some drugs or illigle stuff, moreover i didnt even get to say goodbye to my travel buddies..when i got to combodian side i have to get stamp cancled whixh is free but they took 1000 baht from me, and the guy was in uniform so i trusted him but he just knew i had money and was a bit starlted but yje biggest setback is that they ruined my passport... and everytime i travel have to go through this refusal episode over and over again.. thats why i want to get rid of it.. but dont know if geting a new passport will do that.. or it on my passporr number for life????

Edited by Indianguy
  • Sad 1

Guys can you please help me find out? Is it on my passport number... geting a new passport will help or not.. i want to get rid of it, but if i hide the information in oz visa and they find out, my PR will be canceelled right away

1 hour ago, mngmn said:

Yes you should mention it. A friend faced a similar situation a few years back and was warned by an immigration agent not to lie. It's a lifetime ban from Australia if you are caught.

But the good news is it will not stop you getting an Australian visa. My friend got theirs without problem.

Australia's immigration system is an impartial rules-based system that isn't affected by staff having 'bad hair' days.

Thank you for your advice mate,, i know i have to do that, i just want to get rid of it, if possible.. as all my life i have to mention it in all travells if i do it now..

Those who read this forum know that the Poipet/Aranyaprathet border crossing should be avoided. There are frequent problems there that are never encountered anywhere else.

I think you are worrying unnecessarily about your Australian permanent residence application. Even if this visa refusal was noted in Thailand's immigration system (which it may not have been) there is no chance of it being shared with the Australian authorities.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Those who read this forum know that the Poipet/Aranyaprathet border crossing should be avoided. There are frequent problems there that are never encountered anywhere else.

I think you are worrying unnecessarily about your Australian permanent residence application. Even if this visa refusal was noted in Thailand's immigration system (which it may not have been) there is no chance of it being shared with the Australian authorities.

Even i think same, thats why thought to just re issue a new passport, but someone suggested me that when embassy puts in the passport number they get all your details attached to it in centralized system from which all informations is shared with all countries,  and passport is flagged because it was entered in that system of refused visa. 

I dont know its true or not but made me skeptical..

Agree completely. You have no practical choice but to disclose the refused entry on your Australian application. If you don't, it will be hanging over you for an eternity. Anyone who knows about it could create great trouble for you. Etc.

No, it's not a great situation but really you don't have a choice.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Indianguy said:

Even i think same, thats why thought to just re issue a new passport, but someone suggested me that when embassy puts in the passport number they get all your details attached to it in centralized system from which all informations is shared with all countries,  and passport is flagged because it was entered in that system of refused visa. 

Immigration does share the info with any country. They would if it was formally requested through proper channels and with a valid reason. Even Thai embassies and consulates do not have access to immigrations records unless it is requested.

• Thanks 1

But don't forget, it's right there on the passport. Anyone who has access to that passport -- and anyone the OP mentions the problem to -- will be aware of it.

And just because there may not be sharing of such information today, that's no guaranty there won't be in the future. Clearly the trend is to tie more and more information together. Very dangerous to bet your entire future in Australia on this.

• Thanks 1

AS stated by another poster you are asked on Australian application forms if you have ever been deported or excluded by another country.

To lie is an offence and you could be prosecuted, but usually it would just result in cancellation or refusal of any visa.

The question is primely aimed at identifying criminals or other undesirables to ensure they cannot abuse the system. If you meet all other criteria this  incident in itself (providing you are being truthful) should not change the outcome of any application.

• Thanks 1

They are racists, and those officers at Thai/Cambodian borders are the worst (at both sides btw).

I smile at him and say 'thank you, let's see about next time' [emoji846]

so you had an education visa ! For what purpose? To learn Thai language or other reasons ! Lucky he let you in

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BritTim said:

think you are worrying unnecessarily about your Australian permanent residence application. Even if this visa refusal was noted in Thailand's immigration system (which it may not have been) there is no chance of it being shared with the Australian authorities.

Agreed, It should not be an issue even if it's shared others. But you should not lie in Australian permanent residence application. It will have no bearings. But lying may have great consequences for you if ever it was found out. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Indianguy said:

Yes, it was an act of sheer racism and it was quite embarrassing at that time when everyone was looking at me as if i am carrying some drugs or illigle stuff, moreover i didnt even get to say goodbye to my travel buddies..when i got to combodian side i have to get stamp cancled whixh is free but they took 1000 baht from me, and the guy was in uniform so i trusted him but he just knew i had money and was a bit starlted but yje biggest setback is that they ruined my passport... and everytime i travel have to go through this refusal episode over and over again.. thats why i want to get rid of it.. but dont know if geting a new passport will do that.. or it on my passporr number for life????

Nah it's not on your passport number for sure, immigration in Thailand hardly has their own act together by storing it in their own local database, and it appears they've only had that for a couple years now as last time when I was at immigration they could see I lived in Buriram for a while, but no word about previous locations.

These databases aren't shared internationally, and the stamp you've shown doesn't really look like a refusal stamp, it could literally be anything and I don't think they can read Thai in Australia. If you worry change your passport indeed and with that, you have a new passport number as well. You're really over worrying things.

If I were in your shoes at that moment I wouldn't feel embarrassed at all, I would feel mad as <deleted> and call them out for what they are, making a huge drama at the border so that everyone would know what a bunch of racists they are.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, markaoffy said:

so you had an education visa ! For what purpose? To learn Thai language or other reasons ! Lucky he let you in

No those ED visas were from before, I had a tourist visa.

And yes it was to learn Thai but I never went to school, immigration and schools even encourage you not to go to school by asking for a small bribe, and providing discount for the course. Everybody knows, nobody cares, and this border agent wasn't angry about this ED thing, he was angry that I lost the temporarily export document for my car so in his rage he started to bring up other things.

This was a few years ago and this was at a land border that although they employ a bunch of grumpy guys they never really refuse anyone for any reason, except for OP as they don't like dark people from other countries.

I think it actually works in my benefit that I cross the border with my Thai registered car, its another reason not to deny me entry.

• Thanks 1

Just disclose the situation as stamped, not as it really happened: You were being asked to show cash, you were unaware of that requirement and didn't have cash on you, thus you were denied entry. That shouldn't affect the outcome of your application in Australia.

Failure to mention it might come back to bite you (possibly much later), but being too truthful in the sense that you actually had the money and Thai immigration denied you because of being racist probably isn't a good idea either.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, markaoffy said:

He was lucky to stamped in by Thai IO, because he held a valid Ed Visa?

Where do you get this?

People with valid visas are stamped in, you don't read any reports to contrary, maybe twice a month, when IO wants to see the "exorbitant" amount of 500€ lol.

Just because you wouldn't let in a person with valid ED, shows you are not brightest, and possibly worse than that.

This country is becoming hostile to tourism, why that is, I doubt anyone from top general, to lowest rank IO officers knows. It's anti westerner hysteria, and  I really hope retirees and tourists would just say <deleted>*ck you, Thailand, we can move to Vietnam! I really hope so! 

Thailand does not deserve us, it has become a hateful, vicious, boring place. No reason to live here, when neighborhing nations are sane, not bureocratic hell holes.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Old Croc said:

AS stated by another poster you are asked on Australian application forms if you have ever been deported or excluded by another country.

If that is the exact wordage then there is no problem, he wasn't deported or 'excluded', he was denied entry.

Had he flown into Bangkok later the same day there would be no problem - I suspect this is what they're looking for - cases where a person is deported / PNG.

Exactly what does it say on the form ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Caldera said:

Just disclose the situation as stamped, not as it really happened: You were being asked to show cash, you were unaware of that requirement and didn't have cash on you, thus you were denied entry. That shouldn't affect the outcome of your application in Australia.

Failure to mention it might come back to bite you (possibly much later), but being too truthful in the sense that you actually had the money and Thai immigration denied you because of being racist probably isn't a good idea either.

I guess i should do that as most of people sre suggesting same. 

As i have not done anything illigle and it wasnt my fault.. i guess they will understand.