Bangkok bank mastercard

Good news, their website does state the mastercard is available from 5 Nov 18. 

Some say BKB and Visa fell out over fees so BKB changed to Union Pay.

There is a new man at the helm now in charge of BKB, maybe he can get this Union pay being more widely accepted now.

• Like 1

I know , that is what I said. 

8 minutes ago, phutoie2 said:

Some say BKB and Visa fell out over fees so BKB changed to Union Pay.

10 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Yes , but know they have gone with Mastercard as well.

Edited by NE1

31 minutes ago, NE1 said:

I think the OP was stating he got the Mastercard from BKK Bank.

I realised that.

25 minutes ago, phutoie2 said:

Good news, their website does state the mastercard is available from 5 Nov 18.

I missed that.

????

My friend, who is assistant manager at a Bangkok Branch told me that they changed to Union Pay because Visa increased their fees, and the Chinese shareholders wanted Union Pay, which were offering much lower fees.  Since they changed they have had a lot of confrontations with customers, both Thai and farangs, with the staff being harrassed and insulted.  His manager made an appeal to head office that they reconsider, as important clients were closing accounts.  He told me last month that the Mastercard info was already in the computer systems, but not available until the new year.  They must have  moved it forward.

• Like 2

Early October I inquired about the message shown on ATM screens stating debit cards need to be changed; my branch informed me there was only one option - Union Pay.

Funny thing, I got offered (and approved for) a Mastercard credit card as some sort of 'workaround'; I do not have a WP. I have been at this branch some 12 years though. I even got 2 cards (one AirAsia, one Platinum)!

Edited by ParadiseLost

9 hours ago, delboy said:

My friend, who is assistant manager at a Bangkok Branch told me that they changed to Union Pay because Visa increased their fees, and the Chinese shareholders wanted Union Pay, which were offering much lower fees.  Since they changed they have had a lot of confrontations with customers, both Thai and farangs, with the staff being harrassed and insulted.  His manager made an appeal to head office that they reconsider, as important clients were closing accounts.  He told me last month that the Mastercard info was already in the computer systems, but not available until the new year.  They must have  moved it forward.

So is the BKK Bank Visa credit card going the same way then?