Hundreds of foreigners arrested in latest "X-Ray Outlaw" sweep

Jonathan Fairfield

I am soo amazed by the fine posters on Thai Visa Forum. When they do not enforce the law, you complain very much and it terrible when nothing is being done about it.

When there is something being done about it, then you are stating that they focus on the wrong things and this is so small that they should not care.

I really do think that we should set up an expert panel of all these fine posters, that can act as an advisory board to the Thai authorities.

Listen, you all come to a foreign country and always complain about that you do not get it your way and that things are not up to your standards. I guess that attitude didn´t work in your home countries, so you just started bickering on Thailand instead? It´s even shameful to see and read this pathetic drivel every single day. Yeah, now you can all go together and tell me that I don´t have to read. Please spare me that drivel too.

So you have done a TM30? If not you are breaking the law could also be arrested. Most foreigners and tourists dont even know its a requirement coz Immigration never say. Recently i did the TM30 the first time ever ever i belive since I've been in Thailand.

10 minutes ago, monkfish said:

So you have done a TM30? If not you are breaking the law could also be arrested. 

Please stop your "fear project".

Never heard of a real tourist or expat being arrested for a TM30. :unsure:

Many got a fine, true, but it's very different than to be arrested !

Ah! if we could do the same in my country, which is invaded by migrans who are not migrans.
Not only do they no longer know who they are !!!! but we give them money, food, phone and the units that go with it, and,
on occasion, the nationality of the country for the one who played the monte-en-l'air or rescued a person from drowning, without inquiring about his past.
Sure, he lost his memory.

24 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Please stop your "fear project".

Never heard of a real tourist or expat being arrested for a TM30. :unsure:

Many got a fine, true, but it's very different than to be arrested !

Its not my "fear project" that belongs to BJ and whoever wrote the Article.
PS don't forget to do your TM30
Cheers

Edited by monkfish
  • Like 1

People are being arrested for overstaying. If they are subsequently found to have not done 90 day reports that's added to the penalty. I don't believe anyone here with a valid extension has been "arrested" for not doing 90 day or TM30 reports. The reporting is being sensationalized.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

1 hour ago, monkfish said:
6 hours ago, HappyAndRich said:
I am soo amazed by the fine posters on Thai Visa Forum. When they do not enforce the law, you complain very much and it terrible when nothing is being done about it.

When there is something being done about it, then you are stating that they focus on the wrong things and this is so small that they should not care.

I really do think that we should set up an expert panel of all these fine posters, that can act as an advisory board to the Thai authorities.

Listen, you all come to a foreign country and always complain about that you do not get it your way and that things are not up to your standards. I guess that attitude didn´t work in your home countries, so you just started bickering on Thailand instead? It´s even shameful to see and read this pathetic drivel every single day. Yeah, now you can all go together and tell me that I don´t have to read. Please spare me that drivel too.

So you have done a TM30? If not you are breaking the law could also be arrested. Most foreigners and tourists dont even know its a requirement coz Immigration never say. Recently i did the TM30 the first time ever ever i belive since I've been in Thailand.

Yes, of course I have done TM30. Always updated about what goes in the country I choose to stay. Everything else would be a losers attitude.

• Like 1

For those involved in petty bickering over BJ and the Immigration departments action on illegals, I believe and as has been pointed out before on this forum.  This is all for domestic consumption like Trumps wall, brexit and Australia's hardline boat people policy. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, HappyAndRich said:

Yes, of course I have done TM30. Always updated about what goes in the country I choose to stay. Everything else would be a losers attitude.

Yea good for you don't forget to do it if you travel anywhere as well.
Also don't forget to do your Tax declaration.

Edited by monkfish

6 hours ago, HappyAndRich said:

While I have no reason to question the illegals, over-stayers etc etc

But after living here permanently for 10 years I am finding the 90 check rather tedious.. I'm sure after lets say 5 years with no infringements the immigration could ease up a bit on the reporting every 90 days as we do have a one year visa !!

I have a permanent address which if I should move is down to me to report it to them, if I don't then ok I'm guilty... but every 90 days it's a trip to the office to say hello I'm still here ( as the online system will not work for me) which is entirely another mystery!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

But after living here permanently for 10 years I am finding the 90 check rather tedious.. I'm sure after lets say 5 years with no infringements the immigration could ease up a bit on the reporting every 90 days as we do have a one year visa !!

I have a permanent address which if I should move is down to me to report it to them, if I don't then ok I'm guilty... but every 90 days it's a trip to the office to say hello I'm still here ( as the online system will not work for me) which is entirely another mystery!!

You can not for your life consider that maybe, the 90 day report is positive for expats living in Thailand. As we all know and read about frequently in this forum, is news that state people with problems and people that make suicide. There are also many, many, expats living in Thailand, that are all alone or that nobody care about. Maybe the 90 day report is created just to see that people are still alive, instead of being all negative as you try to say.

Anyway, I am quite sure that little thing will not spoil your life here, and take up to much of your precious time. Try just doing it like requested and don´t complain too much. I promise, it will have a big and positive impact on your life. :smile:

26 minutes ago, monkfish said:

Yea good for you don't forget to do it if you travel anywhere as well.
Also don't forget to do your Tax declaration.

Why would I do a tax declaration? I do not own any thing in Thailand. I do not have a work in Thailand. The money I spend today was earned 10 years ago, and the pile is big enough to support me and my family, my wife family and her sisters and brothers for the rest of the time I am alive.

Aside from that. Regarding the TM30, I do not have to do it again if I only travel inside Thailand. I also asked my Immigration Office if I have to run every time I come back from abroad. They said it was enough with one time a year, and they fix that automatically when they see me and check. You know, some guys have all the luck. :smile:

Edited by HappyAndRich

Hello,
Well, I agree with hotchilli, especially since there was no appreciableness in his message, nor a complaint.
He made a statement and a suggestion.
I am in his case too, but for me, it is not too heavy, because Bluport Hua Hin is near me and I take the opportunity to do some shopping.
Eh! yes I say hello "I'm alive" and I'm leaving.

21 minutes ago, HappyAndRich said:

Anyway, I am quite sure that little thing will not spoil your life here, and take up to much of your precious time. Try just doing it like requested and don´t complain too much. I promise, it will have a big and positive impact on your life. :smile:

You know you write English like a Thai who is pushing an agenda. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HappyAndRich said:

That´s usually what a person write when they not have anything relevant to contribute with.
However, I am quite sure you still understand the meaning of it. 

And that is the comeback a person writes when they want to avoid answering the question

• Sad 1

Why would I do a tax declaration? I do not own any thing in Thailand. I do not have a work in Thailand. The money I spend today was earned 10 years ago, and the pile is big enough to support me and my family, my wife family and her sisters and brothers for the rest of the time I am alive.

Aside from that. Regarding the TM30, I do not have to do it again if I only travel inside Thailand. I also asked my Immigration Office if I have to run every time I come back from abroad. They said it was enough with one time a year, and they fix that automatically when they see me and check. You know, some guys have all the luck. [emoji2]

Yea If you spend more than 6 months a year in Thailand you are required to pay income Tax

Just a heads up incase you want to really do everything by the book

Being such a well informed chap and not a looser you probably already knew.

Hello post 47,

Since when do we have to pay taxes in Thailand, if we have never worked in this country?
I live in Thailand year-round, so more than 6 months and for almost 10 years. Ouch, ouch, would I be in an illegal situation?
I pay enough taxes in my home country, on my income.
  I pay 2 social security: one for migrants and another for me, in Thailand. So, for me, it's stop.

14 minutes ago, monkfish said:

Yea If you spend more than 6 months a year in Thailand you are required to pay income Tax

Just a heads up incase you want to really do everything by the book

Being such a well informed chap and not a looser you probably already knew.

Yes, If I stay in Thailand more than half year, I will have to pay tax on income that is relevant to that year. Not on income that belongs to the year before and the years before that. I think better you read up on things instead of talking about things you do not have a clue about as it appears. 

31 minutes ago, jonclark said:

And that is the comeback a person writes when they want to avoid answering the question

What question? Do you mean that what you can see below that I quoted is supposed to be seen as a question?

52 minutes ago, jonclark said:

You know you write English like a Thai who is pushing an agenda. 

That´s a statement!

However, I am all for controls from the Immigration and other relevant authorities. Never had anything to hide, and always see to that i am right on top of everything I need to know and do. Just like it should be when you decide to stay in a foreign country.

3 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Sure, and arrested people are from Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos... So?

To be honest this is bad reporting, "Some 105 people had not reported their address." With no mention of ethnicities, they mention Myanmar Laos and Cambodia overstaying -

the sensational sub header is what's rediculous "The Thai immigration bureau Facebook page reported on a latest crime sweep directed towards foreigners entering Thailand illegally, overstaying and not reporting their address."

And not reporting their address, implying overstaying and reporting are not of the same crime

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

90 days ain't that bad for reporting.most of the time it gets me out of the village into the big world of traffic and people and keeps me off the drink for a couple of hours after 89 days of snoozing and boozing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, Prince77 said:

Labour shortage of hard working people in sight.

Most illegals from Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar are just looking to better their lot not looking to cause any trouble or create any security risks. Should leave them alone and go after those illegal aliens involved in criminal activities... 

hello post 55,

quite agree with you. They come to work and not,
  as in some countries, take advantage of social assistance that is, it must be said, very consistent and also put the shit and do what they like.
But we must also respect the laws.
Why else décarcasser in to promulgate.

17 minutes ago, Ctkong said:

Most illegals from Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar are just looking to better their lot not looking to cause any trouble or create any security risks. Should leave them alone and go after those illegal aliens involved in criminal activities... 

Yeah, but going after those crims may reduce the income of the RTP

I stay at 3 different places around Thailand but only report 1 as it's really just a hassle. I even asked some of the immigration officers at Changwattana what I should do as it is really a big problem to report new address every time I go to one of the other places, the answer was that as long as I don't stay away more than 14 days/move from my reported address, then I wouldn't be in any trouble and wouldn't need to change my address. But hey... TiT......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HappyAndRich said:

Yes, If I stay in Thailand more than half year, I will have to pay tax on income that is relevant to that year. Not on income that belongs to the year before and the years before that. I think better you read up on things instead of talking about things you do not have a clue about as it appears. 

Exactly what did I say which was wrong?
I didn't even mention paying tax for the year or years before.