Red stamp in passport,new passport how to do it?

Hi helpful friends! I went to Penang trough Sadao landborder. I got the redstamp saying I've been in the contry long time and I cant get a new SETV. I had 3 SETV's btw. I flew back in to Phuket, got some questions about what I do in Thailand and the IO gave me 30 days exempt. Now I need a new passport. What is the best way to do it? I mean for getting moved my entry stamp etc??? What stamps need to be moved?? I'm going to Koh Samui immigration office for a 30 day extention, is it a good ide to do it there?? Or do I do this when I go out of the country for my next SETV? I plan to go Vientiane LAOS trough Nong kai land boarder next time btw. Any information much appriciated. Thank's in advance.

Edited by Pa John
Title spelling corrected.

You will not need to have the stamps transferred at immigration. It can be done on departure from the country,

If you do the 30 day extension at Koh Samui they will do the stamp transfer then if you already have your new passport.

5 minutes ago, Pa John said:

Or do I do this when I go out of the country for my next METV?

You will not be able to get a METV in Vientiane. You can only apply for them in your home country or country of legal residence.

7 minutes ago, Pa John said:

I plan to go Vientiane LAOS trough Nong kai land boarder next time btw.

No problems at that border crossing.

• Like 1

Sorry I mean SETV in the post, wrote wrong....If someone have 2-3 SETV's in their passport- stay away from Sadao land border, they are very strict now... 

Is sound easyer to get my 30 day extention and transfer spamps when I live the country right?

Edited by Pa John
Title spelling corrected.

21 minutes ago, Pa John said:

Sorry I mean SETV in the post, wrote wrong....If someone have 2-3 SETV's in their passport- stay away from Sadao land border, they are very strict now... 

Is sound easyer to get my 30 day extention and transfer spamps when I live the country right?

More important: the old advice that Penang is a good place to apply for an SETV is out of date. Penang should be avoided if you have more than one previous Thai tourist visa in your passport.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You will not need to have the stamps transferred at immigration. It can be done on departure from the country,

If you do the 30 day extension at Koh Samui they will do the stamp transfer then if you already have your new passport.

You will not be able to get a METV in Vientiane. You can only apply for them in your home country or country of legal residence.

No problems at that border crossing.

For those members who are still learning all the acronyms....

what is METV and SETV ? ? 

10 minutes ago, Catoni said:

For those members who are still learning all the acronyms....

what is METV and SETV ? ? 

Multiple Entry Tourist Visa (valid for six months, every time you enter Thailand within this period you get a permit to stay for 60 days) and Single Entry Tourist Visa (valid for three months, when you enter the country you get a permit to stay for 60 days, can only be used for one entry)

3 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Multiple Entry Tourist Visa (valid for six months, every time you enter Thailand within this period you get a permit to stay for 60 days) and Single Entry Tourist Visa (valid for three months, when you enter the country you get a permit to stay for 60 days, can only be used for one entry)

Thank you