Combining retirement income with funds on bank in Ubon Ratchathani immigration

Tried to do the 1-year retirement visa at Ubon immigration last week with a pension letter for approximately 63,000 per month and around 80k in the bank (but only for 1 week). It was rejected saying that when combining it needs to be in the bank account for 3 months prior. Is that right? I read somewhere that when combining, the funds don't need to be seasoned. Especially when it's so close to the 65,000 per month requirement for no funds needed in the bank at all.

Any document or paragraph I can show?

The written rule does not state the money has to be in the bank for any amount of time for doing the combination. But most offices want it to be in the bank for 3 months now. 

Perhaps you should try to talk to a ranking officer and explain the situation.They should accept it with such a small amount of money in the bank needed. Tell them you thought it only needed to be in the bank on the date you applied since that is what the rules say.

They started the 3 months requirement because many people were abusing it by only having a small amount of income in relation to the amount of money they had in the bank to get around the 3 months requirement.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The written rule does not state the money has to be in the bank for any amount of time for doing the combination. But most offices want it to be in the bank for 3 months now. 

Perhaps you should try to talk to a ranking officer and explain the situation.They should accept it with such a small amount of money in the bank needed. Tell them you thought it only needed to be in the bank on the date you applied since that is what the rules say.

They started the 3 months requirement because many people were abusing it by only having a small amount of income in relation to the amount of money they had in the bank to get around the 3 months requirement.

Thanks a lot for your reply. Talked to pretty much everyone in the immigration and they were very friendly but still insisted that I need to go out and re-apply for a visa.

I am hoping to get one in Savannakhet if they still issue them for retirement? I made a post here:
https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1067284-possible-to-get-a-non-immigrant-o-for-retirement-in-savannakhet/

I will be applying in the other topic after doing this.

Yes they will do one with a combination of the two on the date you apply. No need for the 3 months there.

Be sure you give them a copy of your income letter and and only show them your original so it so that you can use it to apply for the extension.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

This demonstrates where the system fails.

If the applicant does not strictly adhere to the required rules in force at the time, front line staff respond the rules are the rules.

When it is perceived the existing rules are to favourable to the applicant , immigration vary the rules interpretation  to deter supposed abuse.

Edited by cleopatra2