Electric bills set to increase from January 

webfact

14 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

But just 2 post ago you said that 4.50 is NOT government rate, without knowing what the usage of that particular poster is, and coincidental my GOVERNMENT rate is exactly that. 4.50 Baht

So what will it be, wriggling your words until you are always right?

Your not paying government rate @ 4.50 lol

PEA app has a cost calculator that show's quite accurate estimates, my house nr.1 had usage avg of 250kWh with cost of 3.88thb/unit (govt.rate). House nr.2 usage avg of 460kWh with a cost of 4.15thb/unit(govt.rate). The tariffs are levied with spend more-pay more type of scheme in Thai residential houses, which is why so many landlords try to get you sign a separate electrical price agreement, to offset make a margin on low cost rental fees. 

4 minutes ago, jabis said:

PEA app has a cost calculator that show's quite accurate estimates, my house nr.1 had usage avg of 250kWh with cost of 3.88thb/unit (govt.rate). House nr.2 usage avg of 460kWh with a cost of 4.15thb/unit(govt.rate). The tariffs are levied with spend more-pay more type of scheme in Thai residential houses, which is why so many landlords try to get you sign a separate electrical price agreement, to offset make a margin on low cost rental fees. 

That are the costs without the additions. My bill also shows 3.90 Baht, but then look at the extra's that are added before the total

image.png.52a801002a36a8cd2f7a49ac156bed90.png

Edited by janclaes47

29 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

That are the costs without the additions. My bill also shows 3.90 Baht, but then look at the extra's that are added before the total

I seemed to match my last two bills quite accurately when I tried the cost calculator ???? 
Well here's the official PEA (I think MEA too) tariffs I'd think excluding the VAT all included:
https://www.pea.co.th/Portals/0/demand_response/Electricity Reconsider.pdf?ver=2018-10-01-155123-370

EDIT bills;
House nr1. 262 units, bill 1023.65 = 3.90706, cost calculator: 1,023.63

House nr2. 468 units, bill 1933.71 = 4.13185, cost calculator: 1933.70

Edited by jabis
Addition

8 minutes ago, jabis said:

Thank you

1 minute ago, tropo said:

The bill shown above works out to 3.91 baht per kWh. He has a service charge of 312.24 baht, which is inflating his average after-tax rate quite a bit. My service charge in Pattaya is 38.22 baht.

Any idea why my service charge is that high compared to yours, as I believe you are in the same range of kwh usage

1 minute ago, tropo said:

The bill shown above works out to 3.91 baht per kWh. He has a service charge of 312.24 baht, which is inflating his average after-tax rate quite a bit. My service charge in Pattaya is 38.22 baht.

Yes but we were only asking cost per KW. He insisted 4.50 which as we know is not correct. Anyway who cares it is what it is

8 minutes ago, Media1 said:

Yes but we were only asking cost per KW. He insisted 4.50 which as we know is not correct. Anyway who cares it is what it is

Well I shouldn't reply to you because you know everything better anyway, but the PEA website as posted by the othger member clearly shows that the rate is 4.4217.

According to the same website a 3.90 rate is for a 101 -150 Kwh usage.That explains what you live in

pea.JPG.c0e31f7c72eee008c1878de80a4a275a.JPG

Edited by janclaes47

17 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

image.png.52a801002a36a8cd2f7a49ac156bed90.png

The cost calculator of PEA App show's your 624 kWh as estimated cost of 2645.22 baht, so service charge inflation there ???? My last years' meter readings (service charge) average at 38thb per location, so I would go and ask the electricity authority howcome they're taking 10* more than average.

1 minute ago, jabis said:

The cost calculator of PEA App show's your 624 kWh as estimated cost of 2645.22 baht, so service charge inflation there ???? My last years' meter readings (service charge) average at 38thb per location, so I would go and ask the electricity authority howcome they're taking 10* more than average.

Sure first thing I will do on Monday

Great - we don’t need renewable energy in this country or we try very hard to stay at least 20 years behind everybody else - make renewable energy production like solar or wind for private citizens as expensive as possible and whenever we need more billions for expensive useless toys - we just raise electricity prices!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

25 minutes ago, Media1 said:

My last bill worked out at 4.154 per kWh. That was an 845 kWh bill. The amounts before tax and service charge is applied are quite irrelevant really because it's not what you pay. I work mine out the same way i.e. divide my total bill by kWh, to arrive at 4.32 on the last bill.

• Thanks 1

On 11/9/2018 at 3:46 PM, Odysseus123 said:

I just  calculated...

My Thai bill against my  Aussie bill.

As posters may or may not realize there is a heck of a lot of controversy about the cost in Oz of energy..and rightly so..

Nevertheless my  Aussie bill is smaller and that does not take into account the numerous blackouts sustained under Thailand 4.0.

Forget about the useless water supply..

At the moment it stands at Australia..7,500 baht per 3 months..

Thailand-4,200 baht per one month.

Yes same, i pay about Aud$300 every 3 months in Queensland and so much more in TL for similar townhouse, although i am constantly educating my thai family. .. turn off lights, use fans only AC when hot, AC the room not the house, Use cold water(warm in TL) for most things, turn off the tv when not in use, etc now i give them a budget & make her pay the excess power from her allowance. Now she gets it .. Ha ha

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

We figured that out already, the question is why my service charge is 312 Baht, while for others on this forum it's 38 Baht for a similar usage

Service charge varies based on consumption, voltage rating and time of day consumption, see the posted link (from above) for a description of those variables - I suspect your pool probably plays a role in this given 312 baht is the service charge for 12-24kv.. https://www.boi.go.th/index.php?page=utility_costs&language=en

5 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Service charge varies based on consumption, voltage rating and time of day consumption, see the posted link (from above) for a description of those variables - I suspect your pool probably plays a role in this given 312 baht is the service charge for 12-24kv.. https://www.boi.go.th/index.php?page=utility_costs&language=en

I don't really understand what 12-24Kv stands for, and how that would be related to my pool, but I do have my own single phase 30Kva transformer

I don't have a day/night meter

Edited by janclaes47

1 minute ago, janclaes47 said:

I don't really understand what 12-24Kv stands for, and how that would be related to my pool, but I do have my own single phase 30Kva transformer

There's your answer, Crossy will be able to give you chapter and verse on this but basically, it's the power rating of the supply. BTW if you look at the tables you'll see that 312 baht applies to 12/24 kv and above hence your 30 Kva transformer is included in that cost band.

39 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

I don't have a day/night meter

kV, kilo Volt, 1000 Volt -- > 12-24 kV --> 12000 -- 24000 Volt

(30 kVA)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

Guid losh!  Just got my bill, 1,068 baht for the month, and I run the AC pretty much 24/7. except when my little baht watcher waan jai is visiting and shuts it off when we go out. ☺️
Most of my US friends seem to think we have a great bargain.
Been years since I paid an electric bill there, as my cabin is off grid with solar panels, but I recall regular bills i the $70.00 range in the early 1990's when I was renting a bedsitter in CT.
"Average Monthly Electrical Bill by State – Updated Data. According to latest release from the U.S. Department of Energy – Energy Information Administration (EIA), the average residential monthly electric bill was $110.21 in 2013."
That was, using current exchange rate, (see puns above ????) 3,064 baht five years ago.
Sounds like you have a real bargain in Oz, but by US standards we get it cheap here in Thailand.

It's really simple..

The Aussie bill is for three months..and the Thai bill is for one.

I was having a good chat to my Dutch mate the other day as he has a swimming pool and is kinda profligate when it comes to lighting.

Lo and behold..yep-you guessed it.

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 5:20 AM, webfact said:

This means that prices will rise by 4.3 satang per electrical unit.

Electric has been cheap in Thailand for too long time. I say welcome to higher prices. Complainers can just look at most other countries, where electric is much more expensive.

On 11/10/2018 at 2:23 PM, lahgon29 said:

Maybe you had gas or solar water or solar panels in Oz, mate. Maybe you didn't use much power, but I've contacted 3 mates in Brisbane who state that they haven't seen a power bill less than 300 bucks for years, except one guy with solar panels. And you must be using a lot of aircon to get 3500 bill here at this time of year, or running a laundry.

I just can't believe how you can bitch about power prices here compared to Australia.

Weird. 

Sorry..ain't bitchin...

I just made a direct comparison between two quite similar dwellings excepting a small air con-which I mentioned.

The Thai bill is higher.As I am not running an agenda I just find it interesting..and "Tropo"is correct as I have absolutely no need to run an air-con or a heater.Fans do just fine in the temperate zone.

Sure I might bitch about the inconsistency of the supply.After all why pay for nothing?

Kaboom..sorry gotta go..the transformer has just blown up at the end of the street-again.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HappyAndRich said:

Electric has been cheap in Thailand for too long time. I say welcome to higher prices. Complainers can just look at most other countries, where electric is much more expensive.

Deep..very deep...so deep a forty fathom line line wouldn't even be able to touch the bottom.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, HappyAndRich said:

Excuse me, can´t understand anything of above. Did you have anything to add about the prices of electric?

I have been merrily sprouting on about it for the last 4 pages..

Don't give up your day job.

Or if you have I can happily lend you ten bucks or so..

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

I have been merrily sprouting on about it for the last 4 pages..

Ok, just read up on you. Seems like we have different opinion here. You seem to think it´s expensive. Ok, for me. :smile:

Don't give up your day job.

Have not been working the last 10 years, and not on any government pension.

Or if you have I can happily lend you ten bucks or so..

No, problem. Have plenty. Save it for your next electric bill instead. :smile:

25 minutes ago, HappyAndRich said:

Ok, just read up on you. Seems like we have different opinion here. You seem to think it´s expensive. Ok, for me. :smile:

Have not been working the last 10 years, and not on any government pension.

No, problem. Have plenty. Save it for your next electric bill instead. :smile:

"electric" is a term only used by the good folk of Rotherham-God bless their cotton socks-whilst the rest of the English speaking world generally refers to 'electricity' or 'power' bills..

Have you ever tried faggots and chips in Rotherham?

Whilst Winston Churchill generally refers to 'A History of the English Speaking Peoples' he did tend to gloss over Rotherham.Don't know why..????

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Confused 1