Criminal Background Check

Hello

I need to get a criminal background check to work for a Dubai Company

I have already been advised the correct police website to go to, however I have some questions re the documentation they request on their website.

1. Valid passport and certified photocopy.

I live in Phitsanulok, where can I get a certified copy of my passport, I could go to Bangkok to the British Embassy but very costly per page. Also do they need the full passport or only the face page?

2. Certified copy Thai visa and last stamp.

3. Letter from the Embassy for request check to objectives.

I think the English is poor on this request, can anyone advise what they want?

4. Letter from the Embassy or request  for record check from the embassy.

Again poor English I think.

Can anyone preferably someone who has recently obtained a Police Clearance Certificate please advise what documents they need.

Also can someone advise how I can get a certified copy of my passport and visa page reasonably cheaply.

Thanks in advance

Hello localexpat,

I was just about to post something similar as I too need a police clearance certificate after securing a position abroad. However, this is a process I completed before in 2009 and I still have the certificate and translation.

Back then I seem to remember I had to visit the Thai Police Clearance Center, Headquarters, just off Rama 1 road (not far from Siam Square BTS). I can't remember what docs I took with me apart from my passport and Thai marriage papers. It was quite a laid back affair as I can remember joking with them regarding taking finger prints etc. The clearance certificate was then posted to me within a couple of weeks for the modest fee of 120 baht. I don't think there was any other fee paid.

My questions this time would be, as they already have my details and fingerprints would it be necessary to visit in person (as I am now Phuket based) or could it be done as a 'renewal' through the post? If so, then what would be required to do this?

Hopefully some of the TVF readers will be able to help us both. 

40 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

Hello localexpat,

I was just about to post something similar as I too need a police clearance certificate after securing a position abroad. However, this is a process I completed before in 2009 and I still have the certificate and translation.

Back then I seem to remember I had to visit the Thai Police Clearance Center, Headquarters, just off Rama 1 road (not far from Siam Square BTS). I can't remember what docs I took with me apart from my passport and Thai marriage papers. It was quite a laid back affair as I can remember joking with them regarding taking finger prints etc. The clearance certificate was then posted to me within a couple of weeks for the modest fee of 120 baht. I don't think there was any other fee paid.

My questions this time would be, as they already have my details and fingerprints would it be necessary to visit in person (as I am now Phuket based) or could it be done as a 'renewal' through the post? If so, then what would be required to do this?

Hopefully some of the TVF readers will be able to help us both. 

Interesting post and refreshing from what seems to be the handbag slinging norm here..will follow with interest .

7 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Would a Brit not get a Criminal Check from gov.uk? Which you can do online.

Maybe, maybe not for example the Aussies want a police certificate from every country one had lived in for a period greater thsn 1 year, going back at least 15 years i think it was 

4 hours ago, Scottjouro said:

Maybe, maybe not for example the Aussies want a police certificate from every country one had lived in for a period greater thsn 1 year, going back at least 15 years i think it was 

And originally, a Brit couldn't go to Australia unless he had a Criminal record. 

I had Men at Work, Down Under. Would that count?    lol 

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:17 PM, wgdanson said:

Would a Brit not get a Criminal Check from gov.uk? Which you can do online.

Going back a few years, I did mine online and it took 2 months. Can't remember the cost but remember thinking that it was expensive.

Hi localexpat,

The criminal records check has to be done at:

The Police Clearance Service Center
Building 24, Royal Thai Police Headquarters
Rama I Road, Patumwan
Bangkok 10330
Phone numbers: 0-2205-2168-9
Fax: 0-2205-1295

Please see attached document for further details.

I will be doing mine next week (December 10th) as I have had to wait for documents from my future employer. I will take with me:

Notarised proof of ID (passport page)

Notarised proof of address (copy of CC statement)

Copy of employment contract

Copy of employer company registration document (and translated copy to English)

Completed Police Clearance application form (blank form attached)

I think the fee is still 100 baht. I will also take some photos just in case they are requested.

I hope this helps. I'll let you know how it goes!

Clive R.

Application_form.pdf

thaipolicecert.pdf

Hello

Well I now have 2 criminal background checks.

1st from UK, done online using the link provided by a message from this forum. Basic one, cost 25 pound, took 15 minutes to apply, got the result by email in about 2 minutes, certificate to follow by post. Needed my passport No, UK driving license No. Debit Card No and N.I number.

2nd Yesterday from the Police Clearance Centre in Bankok.

Cost 100 Baht plus about 30 Baht to post the certificate.

Done in big room with a few desks, No. 1, No. 2 etc. Fingerprinted and photographed there.

Only needed copy of passport main photo page, last entry stamp, I did not have upto date notorised documents and did not need them. I did need copy of first page of my job offer in Dubai.

Had the option of express service but chose a date of 27th December to receive the certificate.

Most definite go to Bangkok Police Centre yourself, no need agent unless you are applying from abroad.

Thanks for all the advise

Did mine yesterday  - same as remember it a few years ago. Gave in all the docs (but all photocopies), fingerprinted etc. It took about half an hour. Cost 100 baht + 50 baht EMS fee.

To confirm - you definitely don't need an agent as they will assist with form filling etc.

Interesting walk into building 24 (where the process is completed). Covered garage with many top of the range Benzes - I guess a police career pays well! Also had a look around the showroom with all the past and present big police bikes - must be 70 or 80 of them - quite a sight.

Clive R.

Archived