TM30 during Weekend?

falangUK

I don't think so.  It is recommended that you go to the Immigration Office on Saturday night or Sunday, bang on doors and demand service for the Tm 30 update.  If you can not find anybody except the janitor or security guard, bang them up against the wall and demand the mobile number for a real Immigration officer and call him to get down to the office asap.  Rules are rules and you better follow them, including reporting within 24 hours.

35 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

I don't think so.  It is recommended that you go to the Immigration Office on Saturday night or Sunday, bang on doors and demand service for the Tm 30 update.  If you can not find anybody except the janitor or security guard, bang them up against the wall and demand the mobile number for a real Immigration officer and call him to get down to the office asap.  Rules are rules and you better follow them, including reporting within 24 hours.

Oh you are awful!!

How much of a big deal  is this TM30?, really wanting folks to tell me I have a massive fine looming…..

It was Dec 2015 when I got my first and only one, I remember being sent around the back whilst processing my first marriage visa.

I have since renewed my annual extension 2016, 2017 and left the country and re-entered 3 times. Since 2015 I have probably done about 10no 90 day reports and yet the same TM 30 is still stapled in the back and there has been no mention of updating or a fine due to lethargy.

A fine would certainly make me more pro active....or is it a case of, you get one and that's it (providing you still live at the same place)

In case I'm only some days too late I always say I spent these days in Phantasy-name-Hotel (if I remember correctly - but my memory is not the best anymore ...) in BKK before I arrived back home in Chiang Mai just yesterday.

8 hours ago, falangUK said:

Thank you so much ????

BTW I don't suppose you can do the TM30 online? 

Do I need to submit at Promenada or the office near the airport?

Does anyone have recent experience?

No, you can't do it online.

Promenada is closed forever. You've got to go to the officer near the airport.

Go to the third floor.

6 hours ago, stament said:

Am I right in saying it's the house owner not the visitor who needs to go?

Secondly, what are the consequences for the tourist if the home owner doesn't go to immigration to get the TM30?

If I remember correctly, the home owner fills out a TM28, the renter is responsible for the TM30. I think the entire thing is about taxation rather than immigration.

2 hours ago, ramrod711 said:

If I remember correctly, the home owner fills out a TM28, the renter is responsible for the TM30. I think the entire thing is about taxation rather than immigration.

Other way around.

TM30 is for the home owner to fill in, however in practice they give guests/tenants a hard time when doing visa extensions when their home owner hasn't done it. 

They kind of use the leverage they have over foreign tenants as a way to get paid. 

Thai landlords on the other hand tend to feel that it's not their fault that their tenants happen to be foreign and aren't eager to show up at immigration, much less pay a fine. 

BTW if anyone ever wants a shiny TM30 receipt then feel free to stay at my wife's holiday rental home for at least a night; she's obligated to run the TM30 through on you and doesn't mind giving you a copy of the receipt.  

8 hours ago, stament said:

Am I right in saying it's the house owner not the visitor who needs to go?

Secondly, what are the consequences for the tourist if the home owner doesn't go to immigration to get the TM30?

The housemaster needs to make the first TM30 report, subsequently report when arriving back in country by the tenant is standard procedure.

Tourist?Tenant? If there is no TM30 reported by the housemaster the "fines" would be imposed on them but often the tenants have been fined in lieu.

42 minutes ago, WinnieTheKhwai said:

Other way around.

TM30 is for the home owner to fill in, however in practice they give guests/tenants a hard time when doing visa extensions when their home owner hasn't done it. 

They kind of use the leverage they have over foreign tenants as a way to get paid. 

Thai landlords on the other hand tend to feel that it's not their fault that their tenants happen to be foreign and aren't eager to show up at immigration, much less pay a fine. 

BTW if anyone ever wants a shiny TM30 receipt then feel free to stay at my wife's holiday rental home for at least a night; she's obligated to run the TM30 through on you and doesn't mind giving you a copy of the receipt.  

So the owner completes the TM30 and goes to immigration with it?

What happens with the TM28?

Presumably if married and on a Non-Immigrant O first time visa all these same rules apply even though you aren't renting (paying rent) or registered at the house? 

15 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

I bet all you Air bnb landlords have it all wrapped up having to sort these out two or three times a week.......?

Or dont you bother?

Good question I was wondering the same thing but from the perspective of a person who is paying to stay there. How would they get their stamp?

On 11/10/2018 at 6:35 PM, eyecatcher said:

How much of a big deal  is this TM30?, really wanting folks to tell me I have a massive fine looming…..

It was Dec 2015 when I got my first and only one, I remember being sent around the back whilst processing my first marriage visa.

I have since renewed my annual extension 2016, 2017 and left the country and re-entered 3 times. Since 2015 I have probably done about 10no 90 day reports and yet the same TM 30 is still stapled in the back and there has been no mention of updating or a fine due to lethargy.

A fine would certainly make me more pro active....or is it a case of, you get one and that's it (providing you still live at the same place)

I agree, eyecatcher. I did my one and only TM30 almost 5 years ago. My address has remained the same. Since then I have left and reentered the country more than a dozen times and done multiple extensions, reentry permits, 90 day reports etc. There has never been any comment about my TM30 from any of the very many Immigration officers involved over this almost five year period. The anxiety over TM30 is much overdone---Immigration don't seem interested in it, provided of course that you have done it once and your address has not changed.

Archived