SURVEY: Thai Immigration targeting Blacks - OK or not?

Scott

SURVEY: Thai Immigration targeting Blacks - OK or not?  

243 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Yes, I do know that its your opinion and your opinion is what I am disagreeing with .

The Black people who are getting investigated are not being judged on their skin colour , if the people questioned are found to be here legally and they are not breaking any laws , they are free to go .

If the authorities were rounding up Black people and deporting them for no reason, THAT would be racist   

Thai immigration can't be raciest, why did they let so many blacks in to start with? They are only checking them because so many of them are up to no good.

Everyone has seen, read, or heard about their activities in lower Sukhumvit. So I have to side with Thai immigration.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Thai immigration can't be raciest, why did they let so many blacks in to start with? They are only checking them because so many of them are up to no good.

Everyone has seen, read, or heard about their activities in lower Sukhumvit. So I have to side with Thai immigration.

You could say it is their incompetency which led to them letting so many criminals in, in the first place. Being RTP, they will blame anyone but themselves for creating a problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Like in Britain where 90% of the knife crime is from Blacks but if you target Blacks you are deemed racist. Crazy.

"Like in Britain where 90% of the knife crime is from Blacks".

I find this very hard to believe, are you referring to Britain in general, or just a part

of Britain, perhaps London.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Like in Britain where 90% of the knife crime is from Blacks but if you target Blacks you are deemed racist. Crazy.

In Britain you may have statistics to back that up, so targeting a specific group of youth is understandable but I would suggest they are targeting areas rather than races, just the areas are mainly black as they are mainly the poorest.

Thailand has no such measured approach, their attitude is 'all black people are criminals'. A lazy generalisation with absolutely no proof. Bangkok is a cesspool 99% because of corrupt, lazy police.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, catman20 said:

surely its not about Racism its more about the blacks that come to Thailand seem to abuse the immigration laws so they just seem to pick more blacks up than whites. im white and i dont have a problem at all if i was stopped 2 times a day to prove im here legally.

Thank you. For thirty years in Thailand I followed all the rules, immigration and otherwise and had no problem proving I had a valid Visa at all times.

5 hours ago, catman20 said:

surely its not about Racism its more about the blacks that come to Thailand seem to abuse the immigration laws so they just seem to pick more blacks up than whites. im white and i dont have a problem at all if i was stopped 2 times a day to prove im here legally.

I am also white and if i had to show papers even once a month i would never come back to thailand again.

I would feel the same about any country that had police stop me and ask for documentation. Its not a place i would ever return to again.

• Sad 2

14 minutes ago, taipan1949 said:

Thank you. For thirty years in Thailand I followed all the rules, immigration and otherwise and had no problem proving I had a valid Visa at all times.

And so?  What has that got to do with this topic?

Unless you are black?

Or are you under the impression that no black people have been here as long as you legally and you think that is somehow ...special?

5 minutes ago, quadperfect said:

I am also white and if i had to show papers even once a month i would never come back to thailand again.

I would feel the same about any country that had police stop me and ask for documentation. Its not a place i would ever return to again.

How about if you had to report your whereabouts within 24 hours, and report every 90 days. Every year you have to prove your worth and beg for permission to stay. A country where you have no rights at all.

Right, you set such high standards... ????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ParadiseLost said:

This post clearly shows the below normal intelligence level of your typical racist.

Surprised you walk on your hind legs!

It's fairly obvious that English is not his native language. His forum name 'Finnishmen' might possibly be an indication of his nationality.

Finland has not benefited from cultural enrichment to the same extent that many other Western nations have. So you must make allowances.

16 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

It's fairly obvious that English is not his native language. His forum name 'Finnishmen' might possibly be an indication of his nationality.

Finland has not benefited from cultural enrichment to the same extent that many other Western nations have. So you must make allowances.

I stand by my original post. Saying such things proves he is a racist, I don't care if he is English or not. He is very keen to get his point across, his ignorant use of English is only secondary.

Nobody 'must' make allowances for such people. Or do you, like Trump, think there are 'nice people' on 'both sides'? ????

Edited by ParadiseLost

1 hour ago, ParadiseLost said:

As I type this, 90 people have voted, 60 claim it (Thai Imm) is not racist, while 30 claim they are.

At first glance, it appears most do not see this as racism, but as this is an anonymous web forum, at least half would not admit their feeling in public. Secret racists who on the outside would never appear so.

That makes the numbers a bit more interesting, and reflects what is happening in the world today IMO...

Amongst white people:

33% are outspoken and not ashamed to be racist, collectively the bottom range of IQ in humankind

33% are anti-racism. People with 'normal' intelligence. Capable of empathy, compassion.

33% have racist thoughts, but would never voice this as inside, they know it is wrong. They are not really racist, just prejudiced. Most likely meeting and interacting with people of colour would make them feel differently.

Your initial question is flawed as you presume to judge that the targeting of a racial group in that specific situation is racist.  Nowhere do you show that Immigration are targeting people simply because they are black, and you ignore the fact that some racial minority groups (that includes whites) have a greater percentage hit rate of criminal activity and other offences meriting deportation per capita.  You then compound the error by jumping to completely erroneous conclusions and judging someone to be racist based on a simple answer to a simple question.  Your conclusions are based on a reply number of 90 individuals and does not enlighten us on what percentage this is of people who have actually read the post or are members of Thai Visa.  Just because someone replies that they think the actions you describe are not racist does not necessarily mean they are racists themselves; that is simply your very subjective opinion.

But I suppose you can now jump to the completely illogical conclusion that I am racist?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

But I suppose you can now jump to the completely illogical conclusion that I am racist?

No, but your entire argument is flawed and without merit as I have shown in my previous post. I think you may have the mentality of a racist, but I have no way of knowing for sure.

Edited by ParadiseLost

Just now, ParadiseLost said:

Uh what is this thread title?

Thailand recently stated a warning: 'Black people do not come here'. [Link]

I have read the link and the article and I do not see Thailand stating 'black people don't come here.'  That is an interpretation by the author of the article with the apparent aim of causing shock and outrage with the headline and then getting more hits.  It is simply the author's subjective opinion.  Please direct me to a Thailand policy stating 'black people don't come here.'

I'd like to see it in black and white (pun definitely intended!)

Immigration tracks those who enter and leave if they do so legally, so they know who the biggest offenders are. Overstayers as a percentage of legal entries who are dark-skinned obviously make up a large percentage of these numbers. If you are young and here on overstay you are probably either working illegally, or supporting yourself by some nefarious means. The obvious ones are selling drugs, scams, or theft. So arresting/deporting these individuals kills two birds with one stone. Lowers crime rates and gets rid of illegal migrants. 

• Like 1

No, but your entire argument is flawed and without merit as I have shown in my previous post. I think you may have the mentality of a racist, but I have no way of knowing for sure.

You have no way of knowing for sure but are happy to accuse me of something?

6 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Thailand didnt state that though .

That was just a newspaper heading and there was nothing in the story to show it was true Just a sensationalist headline with nothing to back it up in the way of truth 

From the article

“The suspicious targets are the dark-skinned people. First, we search their bodies, then we search their passports,” an official stated at a meeting before sending out about 75 officers on an evening round-up of more suspects.

But I see they never said 'black'. So that means it is not true then... ????

1 minute ago, animalmagic said:

You have no way of knowing for sure but are happy to accuse me of something?

Mate you choose which side of an argument to join.

Thinking you are something is not the same as accusing you of something.

Wait - are you Finnish?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ParadiseLost said:

From the article

But I see they never said 'black'. So that means it is not true then... ????

Yes, but nowhere does it say "Thailand tells Black people not to come to Thailand"

Thailand cannot talk (as its a Country) and no one has told Black people that .

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

Diane Abbott, the UK's black Shadow Home Secretary has said that for every black person stopped and searched for knives and drugs she wants a white person also stopped and searched. If the police fail to do so she claims that any refusal or failure to do so will prove they are 'racist'.

The fact that many police officers who could be out on the streets are instead sitting at computers trawling the internet looking for 'hate speech' and Islamophobic comments must have escaped her notice.

Mate you choose which side of an argument to join.

Thinking you are something is not the same as accusing you of something.

Wait - are you Finnish?

Choosing a side of an argument doesn't make me racist or not; that is simply your interpretation of replies to your flawed question.

I suppose my racism is very apparent to my very dear friend and his wife from Cote D'Ivoire and his two sons who call me uncle.  My ex girlfriends from Lesotho, Zambia and Uganda also did not seem to think I was racist.

Edited by animalmagic
typo

2 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

Choosing a side of an argument does make me racist or not; that is simply your interpretation of replies to your flawed question.

I suppose my racism is very apparent to my very dear friend and his wife from Cote D'Ivoire and his two sons who call me uncle.  My ex girlfriends from Lesotho, Zambia and Uganda also did not seem to think I was racist.

Big deal. I was born in one of those countries. However I was lucky enough to have a white skin.

Would you tell your friends to visit Thailand?

Big deal. I was born in one of those countries. However I was lucky enough to have a white skin.

Would you tell your friends to visit Thailand?

Without a second thought.  Even though your question leads to the possible conclusion that you are racist towards Thais.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

Without a second thought.  Even though your question leads to the possible conclusion that you are racist towards Thais.

Reaching a bit too far there i think. Every statement I have made on this site since 2007 has been anti-discrimination and anti-racism. I am happily married to a Thai woman so you could not be more wrong ????

Perhaps you could clarify exactly what you disagree with because I have made only anti-discrimination posts.

5 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Here we go, blame Trump.

I'm sorry if it offends you but accusations of racism no longer silences those who disagree with liberalism, diversity and multiculturalism. Over use of the race card has finally caused it to become rather frayed around the edges.

I know three black Londoners who are regular visitors to Pattaya and are treated exactly the same at immigration and by the Thai plod as anyone else.

I hope it stays that way.

In case you forget, I am against Thailand having discriminatory policies...

Its like you guys are trying to make my arguments.

Seriously, do you not think it is getting less attractive here for any black people, no matter their 'good or bad' status. To me it looks like Thailand has decided white people and Asians are okay, the rest are not welcome.

Reaching a bit too far there i think. Every statement I have made on this site since 2007 has been anti-discrimination and anti-racism. I am happily married to a Thai woman so you could not be more wrong ????

Perhaps you could clarify exactly what you disagree with because I have made only anti-discrimination posts.

Your question asked if I would recommend my friends to visit Thailand; this led to the logical conclusion that you wouldn't and I can therefore jump to the same conclusion you made about me earlier where you thought I may be a racist or racist thinker.

I would also state that being married to someone of a different race does not prove a person is not racist.  Unless you are correct and you have therefore proven beyond possible doubt that I am not racist.  None of my wives have been white, all have been of a different race and culture to me, and I have been happily married for 18 years.