Need A Cafe North of Chalong "Circle" and South of the WAT

JetsetBkk

On Tuesday, November 13, 2018 at 8:26 AM, Valentine said:

It became Eat & Talk restobar with a good menu. It too has closed

I was wondering what had become of that place. Now that "High" season is here, maybe some other succ entrepreneur has taken it over?

Or is it just locked up?

On Tuesday, November 13, 2018 at 9:05 AM, thaibutty said:

This has changed owners and names a few times in the last year. It's not a cafe anymore. it's also no longer dtoo daeng pizza, pasta, salad.

Lately its been changed to a seafood restaurant. 

Let's see what it will be turned to next 

Thanks for the update.

On Tuesday, November 13, 2018 at 12:45 PM, madmitch said:

It sounds like you are pretty specific I your location but if you can be slightly flexible then this place has opened just past the Shell Station on Patak Road, Chalong. And they have a meeting room.

https://www.facebook.com/Chaodoicoffeechalong/

That'll be a great place... in 2020 when the roadworks are finished.

A lot of people come from the North, so fighting through to Patak road is out, I'm afraid.

38 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

I was wondering what had become of that place. Now that "High" season is here, maybe some other succ entrepreneur has taken it over?

Or is it just locked up?

She sold all the equipment & furnishings or was trying to so anyone else would need a fairly large out lay to start it up again. I think a lot of businesses om East are really struggling due to the Hayek chaos

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Ok, my last suggestion. I think it's new, I haven't noticed it before. It is open, went past today. The Circle Coffee Boutique!

https://www.facebook.com/ThecirclecoffeeChalong/

Virtually next door to Wat Chalong.

Thanks again, OC. That one looks promising.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/14/2018 at 4:43 PM, JetsetBkk said:

Or is it just locked up?

Where did you decide to meet? BTW Woody's is now Lucky 13

On 11/12/2018 at 2:57 PM, JetsetBkk said:

Indeed, but that place was rejected after a few meetings there. I won't go into details as that'll only start the trolls off again.

writing as the owner of Gallery cafe. Firstly my cafe is not a meeting place especially Sunday morning. You never informed us and never booked the table and most of you only have a cup of coffee. Nothing i can say more. 

Edited by cafephuket
the cafe has only 6 tables inside and 6 tables outside your group had taken half of the place including the parking on sunday brunch time you think its fair for me?
  • Like 1

I think there lies the problem (#39).   To use a commercial establishment for meetings whilst making minimum contribution to their operating costs/profit and depriving other customers of parking/tables isn't going to make your group the most welcome around.   Almost akin to the many comments about Chinese tourists in various outlets who sit for hours enjoying the free wifi with an empty coffee cup between them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Valentine said:

Where did you decide to meet? BTW Woody's is now Lucky 13

We're now going to O-Oh Farm, just north of TOT traffic lights on Chao Fah West. Nice and quiet, big table for group to sit around, WiFi, good parking and good food!

O-Oh.jpg.2ef05e4124bb8b9432322e3e89c6b2d5.jpg

764557843_O-Ohsign.jpg.0dcccd316c5206bac5b4a759cd333e1d.jpg

Edited by JetsetBkk
Added Valentine's quote

4 hours ago, cafephuket said:
On Monday, November 12, 2018 at 2:57 PM, JetsetBkk said:

Indeed, but that place was rejected after a few meetings there. I won't go into details as that'll only start the trolls off again.

writing as the owner of Gallery cafe. Firstly my cafe is not a meeting place especially Sunday morning. You never informed us and never booked the table and most of you only have a cup of coffee. Nothing i can say more. 

Edited 4 hours ago by cafephuket
the cafe has only 6 tables inside and 6 tables outside your group had taken half of the place including the parking on sunday brunch time you think its fair for me?

Sorry you feel that way. I was one that always stayed for lunch after the initial coffee or tea as did two or three others. In fact the lamb roast was considered superior to the same meal at the Yacht Club. Also, the half roast chicken was both enormous and delicious. Eggs Benedict with salmon was also a favourite. We had no problem with the food or service.

As you say, you have only 12 tables in all and it was just too small for the group, as was the available parking for 4-wheeled vehicles. I myself had to park 100m up the soi on occasions.