Farang washing cars to make a living - says he's making 6,000 baht a day!

webfact

12 hours ago, thequietman said:

I fear you may have taken what I and others have said incorrectly. I wish this guy the very best, but don't you think that it is a little naive of you to think that this won't get him into trouble?

After all Big Joke is chasing teachers who are doing the Thai education world a favour, yet they are pursued for their lack of a WP and their lack of a proper visa to work. This gentleman in all probability is breaking the terms of his visa and extension by working, which is strictly forbidden. Why wouldn't immigration and the labour dept. come calling?

Like I said, I wish him the best but rules are rules and someone will come calling, I think. Maybe to tell him to keep his head down but also maybe to give him a warning. Not being aware of the immigration laws is not a defense.

Quite right. I was thinking about BJ's investigations too. I think under previous democratic governments they weren't too concerned but that isn't the case at present.

7 minutes ago, jessebkk1 said:

I have a car wash too. For Thai's to come in and wash their car in your place you'd have to put in a good amount of money into it. I spent Approx about 1M Baht, Since a car wash has to be  on main roads finding land is quite the challenge. Leasing the land for long term is cheaper than buy using your Thai Wife.

Our Monthly profit is about 40 to 50k after deduction of expenses, made a little bit more when we sold drinks at the lounge. 4 staff with salaries of 9,200 Baht. The car wash is one of the side kicks i opened to turnover cash, I barely show up there anymore just get alerts in Bank at the end of everyday.

The hardest part of owning a car wash is finding and keeping the staff, once you finally find those thai staff who are too lazy to quit, then the business starts flourishing.

If you plan on opening yours from scratch expect to lose money in the first few months/ 1st year. Buying an operating one with staff that will stay after the business has changed owners is much better.

Anyways I intend on listing mine on the market sometime early next year(around feb) for anywhere between 650k to 750k. Mine comes with a huge furnished lounge, extra very well spaced bosses' office, 2 toilets one public and one private, and a 4 Bunk bed dormitory for the staff to sleep in. Located at the heart of the city overlooking some big hotels. It's a good option to register as a company and use to earn monthly profits and yearly visa while staying, sadly the profit margin is not enough to apply for a residents permit after 3 years not unless you chose to lie about your profit. Keep your eyes glued to craigslist business for sale(Probably here on TV too) around feb if interested.

BB-S5B-Car-Wash-Logo-560[1].jpg

7 minutes ago, elektrified said:

If you go to any Central in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket, etc. you will see long queues of cars lined up to be washed and detailed at the shops in the multi-level parking lots. They charge from 300-600 Baht for the service. The customers are 99% Thai.

Bangkok prices.

13 minutes ago, jessebkk1 said:

I have a car wash too. For Thai's to come in and wash their car in your place you'd have to put in a good amount of money into it. I spent Approx about 1M Baht, Since a car wash has to be  on main roads finding land is quite the challenge. Leasing the land for long term is cheaper than buy using your Thai Wife.

Our Monthly profit is about 40 to 50k after deduction of expenses, made a little bit more when we sold drinks at the lounge. 4 staff with salaries of 9,200 Baht. The car wash is one of the side kicks i opened to turnover cash, I barely show up there anymore just get alerts in Bank at the end of everyday.

The hardest part of owning a car wash is finding and keeping the staff, once you finally find those thai staff who are too lazy to quit, then the business starts flourishing.

If you plan on opening yours from scratch expect to lose money in the first few months/ 1st year. Buying an operating one with staff that will stay after the business has changed owners is much better.

Anyways I intend on listing mine on the market sometime early next year(around feb) for anywhere between 650k to 750k. Mine comes with a huge furnished lounge, extra very well spaced bosses' office, 2 toilets one public and one private, and a 4 Bunk bed dormitory for the staff to sleep in. Located at the heart of the city overlooking some big hotels. It's a good option to register as a company and use to earn monthly profits and yearly visa while staying, sadly the profit margin is not enough to apply for a residents permit after 3 years not unless you chose to lie about your profit. Keep your eyes glued to craigslist business for sale(Probably here on TV too) around feb if interested.

Always great to hear about an expat having a lot of experience doing similar to an OP. No doubt you had/have to abide by many rules etc.

20 hours ago, giddyup said:

I get my car washed locally in Pattaya for 100 baht, 140 baht if inside as well. How does he justify 300 baht a car? Of course out of that 6000 baht gross a day he has to pay the help (300 baht each) plus water, electric, soap etc.

Car wash at the PET petrol station I use in Hua Hin is THB 220 for hatchback, 240 for big car, (and a bit more for 4x4 I think). That's inside and out. 

2 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

Car wash at the PET petrol station I use in Hua Hin is THB 220 for hatchback, 240 for big car, (and a bit more for 4x4 I think). That's inside and out. 

Seems like Pattaya has bargain prices, 100 baht is the going price for outside and 140 baht inside and outside. Same price for car or pickup.

Edited by giddyup

59 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Seems like Pattaya has bargain prices, 100 baht is the going price for outside and 140 baht inside and outside. Same price for car or pickup.

They do say Hua Hin and BKK have the highest prices for most things. I hear the old girls on Soi 80 aren't so pricey though.... 

19 hours ago, amse said:

My friend has a book on Thai working regulations also translated into English, and it clearly states that NO FARANG is allowed to do any job a Thai can do. He used this book to stick this regulation in the face of a Kajonkiet Suksa Bilingual school owner in Phuket who was making the Farang school teachers serve lunch to the students, and the very next day the practice was stopped! 

So this possible retired Farang washing cars is a total NO-NO, and even if he has a work permit, it's still a big NO-NO. 

SO WHAT?  Why is it your concern?

• Like 1

Would have been better him saying he helps out washing the cars  vans  ect

gives him something to do passes  the time  

its his wife who gets the money as she owns the business 

something along these lines 

plus the employing of the school kids in the holiday period  helps contributing towards the local Community 

17 hours ago, giddyup said:

Thanks mate, much appreciated. I'm enjoying every dollar of your hard earned contribution. Keep it coming, reckon I might have another 20 years in me yet.

glad to help out.

I hope your investments you mention boom so as you can get off welfare and stop sponging off me every two weeks.

• Sad 2

16 hours ago, giddyup said:

It's been a requirement for some time to live in Australia for the 2 years before you reach pensionable age, or conversely, return to Australia at any time and do the 2 years. You haven't been singled out, that's part of meeting the criteria to get an aged pension.

Thanks for the heads up Giddyup. I will spend the next 20 years blowing all my savings on gambling, alcohol and hookers and then return to Oz, get on the dole for a couple of years and then live off the taxpayer for the next 20 years.

Great news.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Pete1980 said:

Thanks for the heads up Giddyup. I will spend the next 20 years blowing all my savings on gambling, alcohol and hookers and then return to Oz, get on the dole for a couple of years and then live off the taxpayer for the next 20 years.

Great news.

They don't call it the Lucky Country for nothing!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Tongjaw said:

You say you don’t  pay tax in the above post. In post # 35 you state, “Then put their hands out for taxpayers (my) money, which offends me.

Would make one think that little Peter1980 is making up little porkie pies about his wealth. 

Good on you William Pearl, 70 and still able to do a bit of graft. I take my hat off to you sir and hope all this turns out ok for you. 

16 hours ago, roo860 said:

He's a troll mate, can't back up any of the crap he spouts.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Are you financially illiterate? Fully franked means my company has paid the tax. Apart from that I have paid a lot of income, company tax etc and collected hundred of thousands of dollars for the ATO in gst over the years.

I never said I was wealthy, you just assumed that because i said i have shares. People on welfare dont buy shares because they are terrified "It will affect my pension"

BTW I have had a good year this year as I shorted the banks the day they announced the royal commission.

10 minutes ago, Dick Crank said:

Does he need to hire a thai to do his laundry

If you take the written Thai law literally then yes

Luckily for everybody Thai law is enforced only partially, but it leaves alot of uncertainty when staying in Thailand