Katy Perry, Rod Stewart and Neil Young attack Donald Trump over his “heartless” tweet about Californian wildfires

snoop1130

Katy Perry, Rod Stewart and Neil Young attack Donald Trump over his “heartless” tweet about Californian wildfires

by Patrick Clarke

Trump-Young-Perry-Stewart-1220x775.jpg

Donald Trump, Neil Young, Katy Perry and Rod Stewart Credit: Getty

A host of celebrities have been affected in the disaster

Katy Perry, Rod Stewart and Neil Young are among those to have criticised Donald Trump for the US President’s tweet in response to the wildfires currently affecting California.

With many blaming the fires, which have currently claimed at least 11 lives, on climate change, Trump tweeted to say that there was “no reason” for the fires other than “forest mismanagement”.

He also implied that he would take funding away from those dealing with the fires, unless they “remedy” the situation.
Read more at https://www.nme.com/news/music/katy-perry-neil-young-attack-donald-trump-tweet-californian-wildfires-2401236#tZr1dGyZ31Zv4OjB.99

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Of course, what the ignoramus either didn't know or chose not to mention (probably didn't know or care) is that his own federal government (Forest Service under the Dept of Ag.) is responsible for managing a lot of the forest land in California.

Yes thats correct, but I think (am not sure) a lot of the burning area is State Land, I think thats President Trumps inarticulate bitch. Some land is BLM land too I believe. 

Regardless, the issue arises as to whether there should be that type of development in that area. Its like building in a flood plain.

3 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Yes thats correct, but I think (am not sure) a lot of the burning area is State Land, I think thats President Trumps inarticulate bitch. Some land is BLM land too I believe. 

Regardless, the issue arises as to whether there should be that type of development in that area. Its like building in a flood plain.

From the NYT the other day:

Nearly 60 percent of California’s 33 million acres of forestland are owned by the federal government, according to a 2018 report by the California Legislative Analyst’s Office. An additional 25 percent of the state’s forests are privately owned, and about 14 percent are owned by industrial owners like timber companies. State and local governments own just 3 percent of the state’s forests.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/10/us/california-wildfires-paradise-malibu.html

Not much state and local jurisdiction among the formal forest lands in California.

As best as I can tell, the Camp Fire involved here started on the edge of the (federal) Plumas National Forest, and then burned in different directions from there. So it's right in/near an area of federal jurisdiction, although the fire has spread beyond there as well.

From the Chico Enterprise Record:

1749878288_2018-11-1301_57_29.jpg.e9fed44e133f575562fe4f46bad4093c.jpg

https://www.chicoer.com/2018/11/10/our-town-has-burned-most-of-paradise-is-lost-after-camp-fire-ravages-the-area/

2031679938_2018-11-1301_55_41.jpg.bf2ded5d8dfc2cddf2ed0cfbfaf44ae9.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

On 11/12/2018 at 3:49 PM, Nyezhov said:

If you are saying there should be either trees OR buildings in a notoriously volatile area who would disagree ?

1 hour ago, Kevbo said:

If you are saying there should be either trees OR buildings in a notoriously volatile area who would disagree ?

Well development of subdivisions in a fire prone area would increase the probability of fires due to land use policy, and increase the economic loss when a fire does occur.

Every summer, Alaska burns. But there isnt anyhting out there to lose other than trees