Best Bank

If by some miracle I manage to get my hands on 800,000 Baht (highly unlikely but you never know)  what would be the best bank to place the money.  I already have an account with TMB and Bangkok Bank but they are just normal accounts. TMB to receive my money from the UK (transferwise) and Bangkok Bank to pay my BUPA Insurance monthly (Direct Debit).

I would be looking for a one year fixed deposit with instant access (to satisfy immigration) and I wouldn't be bothered about loosing the interest if I had to make a withdrawal.

Suggestions please.

Krungsri bank do a account where you can make 2 withdraws a month without cost and the interest rate is 0.6% for under 500000 baht and 1.3% for over 500000 baht I am not sure if this is a fixed interest but the interest is paid monthly and not tax is deducted unless the interest is more than 20000 baht a year (but it cost 50 baht a month if you not have 2000 baht a month in the account)

Interest rates are terribly low in Thailand too since long.

There are one or more specialized threads on that in the ... banking forum if you are interested.

1.5% is a usual number for fixed accounts to your description.

Wish I knew better.

A useful link posted by member  @simoh1490

https://www.bot.or.th/english/statistics/_layouts/application/interest_rate/in_rate.aspx

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

The web site quoted does not reflect all the possible accounts that are available so I suggest a quick google for Krungsri, TMB, BBL, LH Bank, and SCB for their special offers. LH Bank is a little difficult to deal with since they have very little english information or speakers.