What Does Your Username/handle/nick Mean?

November Rain

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Momo" is a play on the letters of my first name ,"Momo" is also a gangster boss's wife in a Robert de Niro movie.Number 8 is lucky in China so happy with my choice.

Wow, Momo, did you have a revelation or go to confession? What a switch in avatars... :o at least she doesn't twitch.

I subscribe to the theory that the word "farang"

comes from the first round-eye schemers who

tried to make a buck in Old Siam.

Francais > farangsay > farang.

And (although not being French) I was in

France when I signed up.

I have since seen a post which suggests

a farangxxx nick is common as dirt.

Well I never thought I was special.

:o

Edited by farangsay

Had a tropical fruit farm in tropical North Queensland, Australia: sunset skies with black clouds of ravenous fruit-eating bats every evening. Also used to care for orphanned baby bats if their mothers came to grief on overhead wires or through other accidents.

It's a mashup a pseudomym I was using, and I thought it sounded vaguely middle eastern, which would imply that my background was of an educated class that used English as fluently as the primary tongue, and that I was not in line with the cultural principles of my larger local community. I imagined a university educated Turk or Afganee with an international mind, and thought such a fellow should bring in more sympathy than a brit or yank.

I'm Canadian though, and doubt the nick raised those associations in any one else's mind. I still like the image, and the sound of the name.

Perhaps the image was inspired by my favorite person, who is a Pakistani woman of uncommon intelligence and education.

Tingnongnoi is kind of a slang lighthearted tease second name that Older Thais would use for a foriegner if they didnt know their surname, was used a fair bit in the past on t.v, was often used with first name Robert, which happens to be mine and have been called Robert Tingnongnoi jokingly more than a few times

Any variations I tried of my own name were already taken. So I ended up using an old nickname "Chilli" (Although at the time I accidentally left out an "L" and it has annoyed me ever since). I think I was eating sushi at the time and added wasabi to the end on a whim.

Edited by chiliwasabi

had just finished reading an article on genocide in Rwanda then went to register on thaivisa and needed a handle...the Hutus looked to be the perpetrators hence tutsiwarrior, DEFENDER OB DE PEOPLE!!!

tutsiwarrior crucified, tutsiwarrior excoriated, tutsiwarrior whose face is regularly ground into the dirt...but tutsi always recovers and in triumph returns to de 'fray...

had just finished reading an article on genocide in Rwanda then went to register on thaivisa and needed a handle...the Hutus looked to be the perpetrators hence tutsiwarrior, DEFENDER OB DE PEOPLE!!!

tutsiwarrior crucified, tutsiwarrior excoriated, tutsiwarrior whose face is regularly ground into the dirt...but tutsi always recovers and in triumph returns to de 'fray...

tutsi in thai language means a man that acts like a woman in an overly gay&happy way.

I always imagined you as a gay warrior (whatever that means :D ) , wrestling and tearing people apart perhaps...

:o

The first part of my username is easy - that's my given name. The 991 is a bit more difficult. I put up my first website in 1999. I was going to be peter99, but for some reason, there already was a peter99, so I became peter991.

The website was just supposed to be just a way of keeping in touch with family and friends when I lived on the Nullarbor (in outback Australia) - but it was picked up by TESL groups and people wanting to learn conversational English - and became a runaway success.

I would like to be plain Peter - but that's boring.

Peter