What Does Your Username/handle/nick Mean?

November Rain

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've had the avatar threads, so the obvious follow on, to me, is where did your username come from? What does it mean? Why did you choose it? Some are fairly self-explanatory, but others...?

Anyone want to confide?

First 5 letters, top row, German keyboard.

:o

Many years ago back in the US of A I started getting junk mail adressed to Mr. LL So. This was a great mystery to me as Mr. LL So was getting credit card offers and even put on a chinese Ginseng mailing list. After about ten years the legend of the mysterious Mr. LL So which actualy became my alter ego was solved. Seems that in The state I was living when I went to renew my vehicle registration being that my real initials are LL they had inadvertently left SO on the bottom of the field . This got picked up by the junk mail list and I began receiving mail to Mr. LL So. One time when renewing my vehicle registration I noticed the SO at the bottom I told them that this had been a mistake and was then informed that I would have to pay for a completely new registration to have it changed . SO, therefore became the saga On the mysterious Mr. LL So.

LL

Mines because my hobby is restoring Second World War German military vehicles. Here's the latest project,a 1943 Kettenkrad tracked motorcycle,rescued from a Norweigen farm.

dsc7673smallcopyqk9.jpg

That is so cool. It oozes improper cool like a big tittied 15 year old oozes improper sex. Long live the the muse in all her offerings, even her offerings to evil.

It's cute,also means a form of endearment such as 'sweetheart', 'darling' 'little one' (think Bambi) very original just don't identify tourself in the same ilk as 'pedos' that's bad taste.

Edited by Momo8

It's cute,also means a form of endearment such as 'sweetheart', 'darling' 'little one' (think Bambi) very original just don't identify tourself in the same ilk as 'pedos' that's bad taste.

Go and get her gal (lol)..

• 3 weeks later...

"...I thought you were from good Ukranian stock out of Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan. Lots of skis there."

I had me a girlfriend from Moose Jaw actually. Right bonnie lass she was, but a hot temper that was her eventual undoing. They do grow 'em nice up there though.

Off topic, but when else am I ever gonna mention Moose Jaw SK ??

Pazza followed me from my school days (a nick name for Parry).

I could never get to use it as my ID so when someone (jokingly honest) at work said there was more work in a Mexican village than there was in me, I just stuck the mex part on the end of pazza hence pazzamex.

(I apologise to any Mexicans out there, I didn’t say it I just use it, sorry). :D

My name (Parry) is Welsh , and although I am English ,

I do know that five sheep tied round a lamp post in Wales is classed as a leisure centre. :o

To CymruAmByth, if you’re a big chap I meant round a lamp post in England. :bah:

Steve :D:D:D

We've had the avatar threads, so the obvious follow on, to me, is where did your username come from? What does it mean? Why did you choose it? Some are fairly self-explanatory, but others...?

Anyone want to confide?

Fearless in the face of any adversity!!!!!!!

Tilokarat was a 15th century king of Lan Na who brought unity to the north including territory in some of the Shan States in Burma and China, as well as parts of Laos such as Luang Prabang. He was a nemesis of Ayutthaya and defeated their many invasions of the north. I think he defeated King Narai. Of course, Ayutthaya defeated Tilokarat's attempts to gain victory in central Thailand. This great king of the north created a Lan Na cultural world, same language, writing system, 'pure' Buddhist teachings and so on, that eventually also included the Tai Ahom, in modern day Assam Province, India. It was a Chiang Mai world in those days, albeit without the forest fires.....I think. :o