Video: The story of the Pattaya police chief, a former cop from Russia and a thieving Buriram maid

webfact

Video: The story of the Pattaya police chief, a former cop from Russia and a thieving Buriram maid

pom.jpg

video screenshot

Pattaya Online News posted a video of the result of police work in the resort after a Russian complained about theft from a Pratumnak hotel. 

On Sunday Vladimir Bokov, 56, a retired Russian policeman, reported to the cops that US 1,200 dollars (about 40,000 baht) had gone missing from his safe in his room at a hotel in Pratumnak Hill. 

CCTV indicated that the thief was 24 year old Nanisa Kaesornrat from Buriram. The maid broke down under questioning and admitted that she had stolen the money then exchanged it in a booth on Jomtien Beach Road. 

She then started to spend the proceeds on herself. Just 15,000 baht was recovered and presented as evidence. 

Yesterday Pattaya station chief Pol Col Apichai Krobpetch took the thief dressed in pink back to the room to point at the safe.

Then he spoke of the importance of protecting tourists in Pattaya. 

The Russian speaking in his native tongue thanked the police for their good work. 

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-15

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

The Russian is 25000 baht out of pocket.

The maid stole the money while under the employ of the hotel, therefore, the hotel is responsible for the 25000 baht stolen by their maid.

I wonder if they`ll do the decent thing and pay it?

????

17 minutes ago, Kim J said:

It is extremely easy to open most basic hotel safes. Most have a simple override code and / or a key. Was she acting alone or did she have assistance with this information from another hotel employee?

Or is it a case of lax internal hotel security and many staff can easily access security codes etc.

Some members will probably remember the case years back when there was a serious theft from a guest room at a big famous hotel on second road.

The police eventually revealed:

- There was zero control on room keys, any staff member (or guest) could 'borrow' one of the sets of master keys lying around, go to a key cutting booth just 2 minutes away and return 3 or 4 minutes later with a copy of whatever key, nobody the wiser. And the man operating the key cutting service admitted he knew the master key sets came from the hotel in question.

- Zero security over master keys for the lobby security boxes.

- Many copies of the procedure to open room safes floating all round the premises, some laminated copies found alongside the room safes along with another laminated card on the procedure for guests to use the safe.

- It was hotel policy to totally ignore 'do not disturb' signs on door handles.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, JRUSA said:

Interesting, that everyone assumed the maid was female... look like a guy in the picture..????

Not interesting at all but normal given the use of the pronoun "she" and the video of what really, really looks like a Thai female in a pink jogging suit acting out the part of the maid. What's interesting, if not laughable, is your assumption that the guy in the picture is the maid. But even if you believe that, then why would you assume that the guy doesn't self-identify as female and that, unlike yourself, the reporter, and readers here, merely respect his right to do so? ????

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, lucjoker said:

look on utube , within 3 minutes you will find out how to 

open about any safe in 3 sec.

Just a good tap on the safe will unlock it

Still, I would be interested to know exactly how, I doubt she hit it with a potato. If there is an over-ride code that all and sundry at the hotel are aware of, some action needs to be taken,

12 hours ago, JRUSA said:

Interesting, that everyone assumed the maid was female... look like a guy in the picture..????

Maid... feminine

Also, did you read the story.

"The maid broke down under questioning and admitted that she had stolen the money then exchanged it in a booth on Jomtien Beach Road. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Still, I would be interested to know exactly how, I doubt she hit it with a potato. If there is an over-ride code that all and sundry at the hotel are aware of, some action needs to be taken,

I had a safe ( same as a hotel safe) the key was inside , but i kept it open .

One day my wife closed it ,and the key was still inside .

I wanted to throw the safe away ,but googled 5 minutes ( utube: how to open a safe) i did exactly the same and it unlocked . I did repeat it several times ,worked . 

12 hours ago, lucjoker said:

I had a safe ( same as a hotel safe) the key was inside , but i kept it open .

One day my wife closed it ,and the key was still inside .

I wanted to throw the safe away ,but googled 5 minutes ( utube: how to open a safe) i did exactly the same and it unlocked . I did repeat it several times ,worked . 

Mine is fixed where it is difficult to whack it, but is not particularly sophisticated, there is no combination over-ride but there is a key that can be used. I have thought to replace it with a more modern one that requires both a key and a combination to even open. No amount of hitting with a potato will open that.

Many hotels are hopeless, in some, the manager's druggie son knows the over-ride and frequently sneaks into rooms. I have even seen little safes that were so poorly fitted someone could remove them and carry them out. 

Little choice for tourists.