Merkel warns no deal is worst-case scenario for Brexit

webfact

3 hours ago, dunroaming said:

As it was said in the house yesterday (over and over again), the deal May is proposing is significantly worse than the deal that we now have so to expect MPs to vote it through is living in cloud cuckoo land.  Ironically the May's deal is not bad for me personally because it means I can keep my business in the UK rather than moving it to Holland and continue to import and export without restrictions.  I can also travel back and forth to Europe hassle free.  At least for the foreseeable future.

Having said that, this deal by May is dreadful for the country and cannot be allowed to go through. 

Absolutely,

We might as well just say ' Stay as we are ' and then make life so lousy, they pay us to leave like a bad tenant. She has the nerve to try and promote a lousy deal and then the nerve to refuse to allow a second referendum and let the people decide now that they know fully the real implications of it all, which they didn't before.

The deal is an insult, but I bet the Europeans cannot believe she swallowed it, they will be sweating now over the next few days, to see if May can get it passed for the biggest con in modern times.

• Like 1

Absolutely,

We might as well just say ' Stay as we are ' and then make life so lousy, they pay us to leave like a bad tenant. She has the nerve to try and promote a lousy deal and then the nerve to refuse to allow a second referendum and let the people decide now that they know fully the real implications of it all, which they didn't before.

The deal is an insult, but I bet the Europeans cannot believe she swallowed it, they will be sweating now over the next few days, to see if May can get it passed for the biggest con in modern times.

The EU has always said any deal would be worse than staying as a member. Guess nobody in the UK listened.....

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

The EU has always said any deal would be worse than staying as a member. Guess nobody in the UK listened.....

Well, to be honest, most of the people in UK already knew that. Nobody believed that Brexit would happen, when they voted.

But it would have been great if UK's political figures would have had the spine to accept the facts and do the right thing, before Brexit was even launched. 

But they wanted to play internal political games to gain more power to themselves. That's why we are here and the future really doesn't look good for Britain. 

On 11/16/2018 at 7:45 AM, oilinki said:

That seems to be the case. However the people who want the power, should also be able to carry the responsibilities. Good leaders do. 

And you think Juncker, Merkel, Macron, Tusk and Barnier are good leaders?

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

And you think Juncker, Merkel, Macron, Tusk and Barnier are good leaders?

Merkel and Tusk definitely. Barnier, I know very little about him. Macron, yes. Junker is an old man, who is fortunately going to be replaced quite soon.

And as there is going to be a comments

"But how about Macron's current poll popularity?" He said quite nicely that he is doing what is required to get the economic situation better and improve the country's competense. This takes away some of his support, but he has a 5 year mandate to get things done.

For me that's leadership.

3 hours ago, oilinki said:

Merkel and Tusk definitely. Barnier, I know very little about him. Macron, yes. Junker is an old man, who is fortunately going to be replaced quite soon.

And as there is going to be a comments

"But how about Macron's current poll popularity?" He said quite nicely that he is doing what is required to get the economic situation better and improve the country's competense. This takes away some of his support, but he has a 5 year mandate to get things done.

For me that's leadership.

They ALL HAVE A PLAN until they drop in opinion polls or things stop going their way, and then, self-preservation to staying in power takes over and becomes more important.

Hitler had a 1000 year plan.

Merkel carries on and only when her position has become untenable has she admitted mistakes and trying now to change course, too late lady, the damage is done!

Many great and proud countries ruined by a Muslim invasion of ignorant parasites caused by Merkel and her ill-thought out open borders policies. These scum have no intention of obeying laws or assimilating into their host countries. These immigrants, because they are not refugees, are driven by wild hysteria and a low education fired up by radical clerics.

Macron. Up his own arse and has designs on the top job in Europe as he knows Merkel is coming to the end.

May. EU appeaser a pro remainer, a liar and a fraud.

Juncker. A drunken old fool that can not even match his own shoes before going on to a platform. A clown and a self-entitled <deleted>.

Tusk. Arrogant but probably the best of the bunch.

Barnier. A guy up his own backside that goes back to the EU as though he has just scored a goal every time he gets a result or thinks he has scored a point over Brexit. He also treats the UK with an open and hostile complete lack of respect. I cannot stand his smugness or even look at him. A detestable human being.

Edited by Scouse123
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2