Lease contract - only in English ok?

3 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

Thai is the legal language of Thailand , so a lease in English is unenforceable in Thai courts

Even a Will must be both in Thai and English with the understanding that the Thai version takes precedence in probate 

If an English only lease contract is unenforceable, I would've thought a real estate agency would know this, as they provided me a lease only in English. In fact, their lease template they first gave me was all in English, no Thai anywhere.

Any one can call themselves a "real estate agent"...there is no need to be a member of any of the many "real estate associations"

Ask them for a copy of your lease in Thai...then have an independant person translate that to English and compare the 2.

19 hours ago, bbi1 said:

If an English only lease contract is unenforceable, I would've thought a real estate agency would know this, as they provided me a lease only in English. In fact, their lease template they first gave me was all in English, no Thai anywhere.

In case you haven't figured it out yet, real estate agents are not your friends 

• Like 1

As stated above already…. If in any case a court should be involved only a Thai written lease will be valid.

Actually even when you have a Thai/English one.. it doesn't matter what is written in the English part. Only was is written in the Thai part counts. This means what would happen if the English and Thai are completly different... I would guess bad luck.

On the Other side, as long you not have a problem I guess I not matter what language the contract is. but mean you not have a valid contract (not sure if in Thailand something like a spoken word counts).