Offered Job After Expired Non O Visa

Hi Chaps,

My Multiple Non O has expired and I'm now on my extension of stay for marriage / family.

I had a surprise job offer last week which I want to take on. I have 1 week left before I need to go back to laos for another ME Non O Visa

but was wondering, can I go back to Immigration and get another extension of stay but this time for work / more time for documents for a Non B Visa?

Thank you ????

The extension of stay on the basis of work does not rely on entering Thailand with  a Non B rather than a Non O. However, the extension of stay on the basis of working requires a lot of documentation, including an issued work permit. I doubt it can all be sorted out within a week.

Perhaps best might be to go out for a single entry Non O. This will give you 90 days (with the chance to extend another 60 days if needed) which hopefully should be time to get the work permit and other required documents for the extension based on working. 

• Thanks 1

You can get a work permit on a non-O visa based on marriage,no need for a NON-B.

Have you got the 60 day extension based on marriage yet?

Extension of stay based on marriage is easier than based on working.

If you're western, it only require 40.000 baht income comparied to 50.000 based on working.

• Thanks 1

You could apply for an extension based upon marriage after you have proof of 2 or 3 month of at least 40 income from working by way of tax payments. As said you could apply for a 60 day extension visit your wife to get more time.

Why were planning on getting a new multiple entry non-o visa instead of the one year extension?

• Thanks 1